Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SLE/ESTp description, can anyone relate?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLE/ESTp description, can anyone relate?

I am an estp, I do somethings and I was wondering if other types like me do these same things.

I bitch extraordinarily too much
    I smoke ALOT
    I strive to keep to myself because it's hard not to say something when you can relate to what someone is saying
    I move around about once or twice a year
    I shave daily except for a stash under my bottom lip
    I do not like to look at people when I talk to them because they tend to stare
    I get annoyed by compliments (may just be looks) but people are somehow attracted to me and hearing it everyday gets tedious
    I focus deep on the task at hand
    I bounce my knee when sitting constantly
    I notice fluxations in even voices, not just tone, but I can tell what someone is feeling just by them speaking
    I am extremely emotional
    Often I know what someone is going to say before they say it
    my periphial (don't know if spelling is right) vision is almost as good as something right infront of me
    I am overly competitive
    sometimes people don't get my jokes when they aren't difficult to figure out and relate directly to the topic
    I tend to think most people are absolutely retarded (they probably say the same about me)
    I do not believe in car insurance
    I like too spend alot and I mean alot of time outside
    I eat very quickly

these are just a few, I do many weird things; can anyone relate?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome.
    We get too few S types here, and so a new one is always welcome.
    *Bonks nay-sayers on the head with a rubber mallet*

For the record, I'm INFj, and I do the knee bounce and the picking up on emotion thingy, as well, although the knee-bounce is not ubiquitous.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think pretty much everyone will have at least half of those listed traits in common with you, BigEars (that name itself is very ESTp, lol). A few of them remind me of the few ESTps that I know - particularly the competiveness and the eating very quickly - but the rest seem like common everyday behaviors for most types. Welcome to the site on behalf of the INFps and the Beta clan, sector 7A.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am positive. I've tried circumventing my answers to several of the test to try and change the outcome and I couldn't. I just match to perfectly to the descriptions. Furthermore, i've been the exact same way since as young as I can remember. Nothing has really changed other than my age. I have tried to work on my known flaws but as we all know others can see who you are much more clearly than you can yourself. I will read up on other types though and try to find a closer match, but you can't really get closer than everything, huh?

Do you find that people like to argue with you or try to compare themselves with you? what the fuck is up with that?

Creepy-

I constantly compare myself to others, but that's what people do I guess, do judge themselves. But i'm speaking of a more arguative nature. Almost as if people are jealous. I'm not saying they are, I'm just saying that's what it seems like most of the time. Although, many people do seem to want to get to know me and I keep quiet most of the time now and days for that same reason. Perfect example, this girl in class who sits right infront of me passed me a note today that said "do you have a cell phone". Again this might be purely physical, i'm not sure of everyones motives; just most peoples. I once had a good friend of mine tell me he didn't know why he liked me so much, he just liked being around me. Another question if I may? Do you think humor could come from a personality type? I think of myself as extremely funny, could this just be me or my personality?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'd defianlty say that you're an ESTP... or better known as Sensory-logical Extratim (SLE).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, it is another ESTP ... w00t!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    I know, aren't we great?
    Yup, the world needs more ESTps ... especially female ones ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually I don't think it's all a blessing, I do feel bad sometimes when people do things for me and I didn't even try

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars
    actually I don't think it's all a blessing, I do feel bad sometimes when people do things for me and I didn't even try
    What? Why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well I mean, it's like taking advantage of people and half the time I don't even realize I am doing it. People just like us, it's cool as hell but then you get all the bad that comes with the good.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well I mean, it's like taking advantage of people and half the time I don't even realize I am doing it. People just like us, it's cool as hell but then you get all the bad that comes with the good.
    Join the club, atleast you do not get accused of being deceitful and emotional manipulation when you are just doing a bad job of what you do naturally, that is what it is like being an ENTp anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't get me wrong, I love my type, I wouldn't have it any other way. But don't you ever feel bad, like wtf? this guy just gave me a free O just cause I told him a story or this chick at the bar just walked in my car because I knew her. I mean it's just ridiculous. What do you guys do by the way? I am a server and a student

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well I believe in karma, but only logical karma. Hrm.. let's say your pissed at someone and expressed it openly and you get in your car and drive off crazy like. The next day your car breaks down, well if you weren't driving crazy it wouldn't have happen. Not the best example, but still an example of logical karma. But I don't walk around intentionally using people either, it's just who I am, so I would say that if what you do comes back to you, I would have nothing to worry about anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL well I guess I am going to hell, I do not believe in a christian God or an agnostic one for that matter. I believe that we had a maker of course, but who's to say our maker was more intelligent than us. I mean we were tiny bacteria at first.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTp: Objectivism. Ayn Rand is your gal.

If IC47 still applies, then that MBTI site is damn accurate!

Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I don't know how they do it, one of my bosses about six months ago came to me and said "damn, you the best damn estp i've ever seen". I had no idea what it meant, so I looked it up and it was to the T. Which explains why i've been a server for so long and I am quite profficient at it. It also helped me learn alot about why I do the crazy shit I do, it kind of justifies some of it. Unfortunately, this started a neverending search to find myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah, alot of people do that. I do not know why, but as you get older you seem to want to know more about yourself, especially with the more you learn. How does th saying go? The more I learn the more I realize I don't know anything. Kind of like that, besides it's something you are intrested in you are researching. YOURSELF!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ESTP

I bitch extraordinarily too much -- Yes
    I smoke ALOT -- No
    I strive to keep to myself because it's hard not to say something when you can relate to what someone is saying -- Yes
    I move around about once or twice a year -- What?
    I shave daily except for a stash under my bottom lip -- No
    I do not like to look at people when I talk to them because they tend to stare -- No
    I get annoyed by compliments (may just be looks) but people are somehow attracted to me and hearing it everyday gets tedious -- Kinda
    I focus deep on the task at hand -- Depends
    I bounce my knee when sitting constantly -- Yes
    I notice fluxations in even voices, not just tone, but I can tell what someone is feeling just by them speaking -- Yes
    I am extremely emotional -- No
    my periphial (don't know if spelling is right) vision is almost as good as something right infront of me
    -- Yes
    I am overly competitive -- Hell yes
    sometimes people don't get my jokes when they aren't difficult to figure out and relate directly to the topic -- Yes
    I tend to think most people are absolutely retarded (they probably say the same about me) -- Yes
    I do not believe in car insurance -- No
    I like too spend alot and I mean alot of time outside -- Yep
    I eat very quickly -- Yes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of like that, besides it's something you are intrested in you are researching. YOURSELF!
    Aw, get over yourself. DONATE YOUR SELF-ESTEEM TODAY! There's starving chillun' in India who could really use it! What's wrong with parents these days? Don't they know how to instill a healthy dose of shame into the core of their children's souls anymore?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Kind of like that, besides it's something you are intrested in you are researching. YOURSELF!
    Aw, get over yourself. DONATE YOUR SELF-ESTEEM TODAY! There's starving chillun' in India who could really use it! What's wrong with parents these days? Don't they know how to instill a healthy dose of shame into the core of their children's souls anymore?

:D
    You aren't instrested in yourself? Also, I don't think my parents had anything to do with me having no shame either, well actually they did.

Creepy-heathiep

i believe i am an estp(not really sure) and the one thing i can't stand is people who complain. just bugs the shit out of me. especially complaints about internal state("ugh, my something(leg, tummy, etc) hurts") if people have a bad internal state then why not just fix it by getting healthy or something? i never tell people if i hurt, i think about why i hurt and try to fix the problem. pfft. I dunno man, i also have a real problem with people getting on my ass about practical matters(money, groceries), it's not that i'm just a mooche, it's just they need to ask nicely and not get upset about it. these are about the only things that EVER upset me. i still think i might be an istp but estp seems reasonable. sensing types are cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well I meant bitching in the sense that the world is not conforming to the way I want it to be, therefore I get upset and can't for the life of me see why everyone would do things differently. I've had back pains for years, I don't bitch about it, I just smoke.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also feel the same way. I don't like it when people will moan about things that they cannot change, or take ages to make a relatively simple point. I suppose this quality is an Se combined with Ti trait, because I'm an ISTj. Given that Herzblut picks up that vibe from you, it is possible that you are an ESTp.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Five
    I also feel the same way. I don't like it when people will moan about things that they cannot change, or take ages to make a relatively simple point. I suppose this quality is an Se combined with Ti trait, because I'm an ISTj. Given that Herzblut picks up that vibe from you, it is possible that you are an ESTp.
    ^ I don't pick up well on vibes but that is the #1 reason I did not enjoy "Standard" level classes last year.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subject: whining bitches

Doesn't everyone hate them? I doubt it's type related.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never complain IRL unless you ask me to, and, though I try being tolerant (And probably succeed on the outside), on the inside I'm going: "Oh my gooood..."
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Five
    Idon't like it when people will moan about things that they cannot change.
    I blow a gasket when people complain about things they CAN change but choose not to. They don't get away with that around me. I set them down and ask them what the solution to their problem is. Then the next time they open their mouth and complain about the SAME thing, I ask if they fixed the problem and if not I refuse to let them say any more. I figure they must love misery . . . I refuse to be the company.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is eating quickly an ESTP trait? I know I'm the quickest eater of the world, but I think I'm ENTj.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah eating like an animal is an ESTp trait.
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Creepy-pokeball

I did when I was younger and now Im always the last. It's a learned trait for sure. Poor ESTP's lol. Gettin' blamed for everything. I know all of you ESTp's keyed my car last night. But that's okay, I still wub you.

Kidding! I know you really egged my car but whatever.

Creepy-pokeball

Awww *group hug*

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More questions, b/c I'm starting to get unsure wheter I am ENTJ or ESTP:

Do you hear and see everything? I mean, my father and my mother complain that I always hear what they say when they speak about me in other rooms, for example;

Or see everything,f.e. when they try to hide something they bought for me - I always tell'em that I already know! Or remembering where are things - I get annoyed because my ISTJ father keeps telling me where are my belongings (since I'm totally scattered) and I already know it

Do you have an incredible spatial memory? I know I rembember almost every road I've been just once

Do you find yourself being told that you use objects in a quite "rough" manneer? Like do not knowing how to "dose" your strenght? And do you involutarily steal clothes of you ISTJ daddy?

Do you like doing everything in a rush? Do you crave intensity in sports - I cannot stop running when I play, I don't like to pause a lot when I go to the gym, and such.

Do you find yourself like suffocated when you don't go out for more than a day?

And most of all, are there really ESTP nerds in the world? I mean, I have always been in the top 2nd percentile of students till now, in regards to the various schools I've been, and this is was my main concern about my belonging to the SP group, always been somewhat "nerdish" in my writing. Is it possible that I like theoretical physics and philosophy and logic being an ESTP?

Oh, and I'm not a party animal. And I don't hit on girls. I choose accurately my female objectives, and it's usually strike, but I don't relate to the ESTP womanizer description.

I don't really like to get drunk, too. And I don't want to boss people around, it just sorta happen...ahem, okay.

Creepy-pokeball

Spatial memory is a learned male trait and intuition is a learned female trait--at least in US society according to psych texts. Whether they are right or not...well, Im sure we'll pretend to know in 50 years. But for here and now, spatial is learned male and probably lends itself to the T stereotype so the differentiation of Ti/Te by using that line of thought is prolly not useful.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FDG

If you identify with the Victim quadra of sexual behavior, you are hardly an ESTp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    Rationals (NT)
    These types are basically Godless and evil. Their choice of "faith" should reflect that.

INTP: INTPs are always right, therefore they should skip right to atheism, with an option on immortality as a simulation in a computer of unimaginable complexity at the end of time as proven by the laws of physics.

INTJ: Objectivism. Ayn Rand is your gal.

ENTP: You are also always right, yet like all EPs lack an attention span. Try agnosticism, and try not thinking about it too much.

ENTJ: Religion has its uses. Money, power and easy access to willing sex partners leap immediately to mind. Try starting your own cult. The exact type of cult should be determined by your background and aesthetic tastes, and by the exploitable pre-existing inclinations of the pathetic sheep-people who surround you.
    Would not necessarily say GODLESS, but totally agree with suggestion for ENTp.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    I smoke ALOT
    I strive to keep to myself because it's hard not to say something when you can relate to
    what someone is saying
    I get annoyed by compliments (may just be looks) but people are somehow attracted to me and hearing it everyday gets tedious

I notice fluxations in even voices, not just tone, but I can tell what someone is feeling just by them speaking
    I am extremely emotional
    I am overly competitive
    sometimes people don't get my jokes when they aren't difficult to figure out and relate directly to the topic

I tend to think most people are absolutely retarded (they probably say the same about me)

I like too spend alot
    and I mean alot of time outside
    I eat very quickly

these are just a few, I do many weird things; can anyone relate?
    The bolded I can relate to. Besides that, you are Fe ego IMO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bold apply to me:

I smoke ALOT

I strive to keep to myself because it's hard not to say something when you can relate to what someone is saying
    I get annoyed by compliments (may just be looks) but people are somehow attracted to me and hearing it everyday gets tedious besides i know i am the shit
    I am extremely emotional

I am overly competitive
    I like too spend alot and I mean alot of time outside
    I eat very quickly

Also, to add a few of my own:

-If someone in a high position than me is talking about something I think is retarded I tend to block them out and just nod, cuz I know what they're gonna say and I already either have a better outlook on it or way to go about doing what it is they "think" they want.
    -I tend to not like to start things I think I can't finsh
    -I tend to give ultimatums
    -Easily get into socially higher circles (whether it be military/civilian...more so where authority is involved)
    In the military I tend to get along easier with higher-ups, even at a Private's level more so than most Sergeants and above I know.
    -Tendancy to deligate to people I probably shouldn't be deligating to, and get away with it
    -Have a hard time not voicing my opinion when I think the person is wrong
    -Easily manipulate people
    -Intimidate A LOT of people
    -I bit my lip when I am nervous, or feel unstable
    -In times of distress in order to move on, I change my hair colour or my living space to signal to myself a "new beggining"
    -I like to drive a lot...A LOT, I HATE being a passanger in someone else's car
    Backseat driver FOR SURE
    -No one's cleaning, with the exception of my mom, is up to par to mine
    -I have a difficulty being in a career situation where I don't have authority or weapons aren't involved.
    -I don't like to be crossed, people tend to regret it.
    -I think horror films are stupid, with the exception of the SAW series because they're pshychologyically challenging.
    Yesterday I knew nothing, today I know that.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sound like a real bitch.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh...I have a real nice way going about it ...most of the time.
    Yesterday I knew nothing, today I know that.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast