View Poll Results: type of Donald Trump?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

3 1.63%
  • SEI (ISFp)

3 1.63%
  • ESE (ESFj)

3 1.63%
  • LII (INTj)

2 1.09%
  • SLE (ESTp)

118 64.13%
  • IEI (INFp)

2 1.09%
  • EIE (ENFj)

8 4.35%
  • LSI (ISTj)

2 1.09%
  • SEE (ESFp)

47 25.54%
  • ILI (INTp)

2 1.09%
  • LIE (ENTj)

8 4.35%
  • ESI (ISFj)

1 0.54%
  • IEE (ENFp)

2 1.09%
  • SLI (ISTp)

3 1.63%
  • LSE (ESTj)

5 2.72%
  • EII (INFj)

4 2.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Ahhh cool! I tried to get some impressions from this, very useful.

1) Ep temperament
    2) Se
    3) Ne
    4) Fe, Se
    5) Te "stabbing" Fi
    6) Fe, Te
    7) Se, Fe, Ni, and Fi --> alienation, idk what to make of that
    8) Fe, Te, Se
    9) Se, Ti, Fe
    Nice, this actually helps illustrate why I feel Ti is his polr rather than his creative. He just oozes Fi in a way I do not see in the SLE I know personally. *shudders* I can't believe I said "oozes".

Edit: I think I may be turning into my dual. I am irritated not only by other's but my own Fi, today.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Trump had a ghostwriter for "The Art of the Deal"
    So you may want to reconsider citing anything from "his" book as evidence for his type

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...iter-tells-all
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...out-of-control

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    Trump had a ghostwriter for "The Art of the Deal"
    So you may want to reconsider citing anything from "his" book as evidence for his type

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...iter-tells-all
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...out-of-control
    Oh thanks for informing so fast, then we'll need other material.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Oh thanks for informing so fast, then we'll need other material.
    Yes BUT, would one thing be printed in a Trump book about himself that he did not agree to? He sues people for writing unfair things about him in other books.

One other thing I find amusing is this:

1. On a daily schedule: "I try not to schedule too many meetings. I leave my door open. You can't be imaginative or entrepreneurial if you've got too much structure. I prefer to come to work each day and just see what develops."

For most obvious reasons now that he is pres.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Yes BUT, would one thing be printed in a Trump book about himself that he did not agree to? He sues people for writing unfair things about him in other books.
    Yes, I see the point. But unfair does not mean true, if a Beta NF wrote the book he would've wholeheartedly agreed and here we are typing the wrong text

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He wants to make sure that people see him as he wants to be seen. The way he perceives himself is, as evident, not equal to who he really is.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He wants to make sure that people see him as he wants to be seen. The way he perceives himself is, as evident, not equal to who he really is.
    Right, that's why I am extra sure he's got some E3 influence that's off the charts.
    Last edited by Chae; 03-20-2017 at 09:26 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Yes, I see the point. But unfair does not mean true, if a Beta NF wrote the book he would've wholeheartedly agreed and here we are typing the wrong text
    Oops, I meant that "unfair" sarcastically. Should have put in quotes. <3

YWIMW

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Chae Could you be so kind and correct my quote? My own incompetence in English grammar makes my fucking eyes bleed.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Chae Could you be so kind and correct my quote? My own incompetence in English grammar makes my fucking eyes bleed.
    No worries, fixed!

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good example of his Fe - but it comes with his Beta grandeur antics, and it's very valued. 4D Fe would extend beyond just promoting yourself through initiating emotional arousal. "Little hyperbole" would be too weak for demonstrative Fe. Does he say something more in this text part? The context would be interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulenko
    When the period of 3rd quadra comes, however, it's a time of individuality, of individual demonstrativeness, of putting yourself out there, of advertising yourself - it's the time when you need to say, for applying for a work position: "I'm the best! I can do this and that and that ..." And if you show yourself modestly, then nobody will hire you, right? It turns out that in 3rd quadra, where there is a hard and harsh competition for survival, modesty is perceived as an anti-value.

This is related, maybe, not to "centrality-peripherality" [decisive-judicious] of which we talked earlier, but to "aristocracy-democracy". That is, individualism - saying "I! I! I!" - this is "democratic" quadra. In addition, 3rd quadra is a central one. Thus self-promotion, self-advertisement, putting yourself ahead, which is so widespread and in demand currently - this is 3rd quadra. While modesty is more for the "aristocratic" quadra. Even in the 2nd quadra this is so. The 2nd quadra doesn't like it when someone tries to stick out. Although they have TIMs who know how to put themselves forward, others will disapprove and judge them for it. It's not very "aristocratic" to talk of yourself loudly, to shout how you're the coolest, how you can do this or that. "Aristocrat" - is something soulful, spiritual, where one should know his place, and if you are a nobody how can you go around talking about yourself, we shall evaluate you ourselves, and so on in the same key. But when "democratic" times come, one can advertise oneself on every corner - conversely, this is considered to be good.

Thus, this is related to 3rd quadra and R (Fi) - considerate, sensitive, modest, "a grey mouse", that doesn't try to stick out and claim the attention. As Olesia (from the audience) has written, and she was right on the point, that a modest person in 3rd quadra is like a grey mouse. You can't "sell yourself" like this, right? You need to advertise and promote your "product". Thus in 3rd quadra you need to shout that you are the best. Otherwise nobody will "buy", nobody will invite you to work.

The 3rd quadra is the quadra of individual success. If an organization is created in 3rd quadra, this means that it's temporary. There is no collectivism here. As long as it is beneficial and rewarding to them, they will stay in the organization or work group. If there is no benefit, there won't be any group - they disperse and go elsewhere. Both the Entrepreneur (LIE) and the Politician (SEE) understand this very well. Nowadays you can gather a large group of people though social networking media for example, but can you keep them together for a long period of time? No, they will disperse and go about their own business. Thus, there is no collectivism currently in our lives. Everyone advertises themselves, puts themselves ahead, and tries to show that they are better than others, so invite him, take him, hire him, buy from him, even though the "product" is virtually the same for everyone. Thus it turns out that you need to show yourself off - and if you are modest nobody will approach you and "buy" from you.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Thanks! Meaning, Trump is SEE?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! Meaning, Trump is SEE?
    Yes, he is.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is related, maybe, not to "centrality-peripherality" [decisive-judicious] of which we talked earlier, but to "aristocracy-democracy". That is, individualism - saying "I! I! I!" - this is "democratic" quadra. In addition, 3rd quadra is a central one. Thus self-promotion, self-advertisement, putting yourself ahead, which is so widespread and in demand currently - this is 3rd quadra. While modesty is more for the "aristocratic" quadra. Even in the 2nd quadra this is so. The 2nd quadra doesn't like it when someone tries to stick out. Although they have TIMs who know how to put themselves forward, others will disapprove and judge them for it. It's not very "aristocratic" to talk of yourself loudly, to shout how you're the coolest, how you can do this or that. "Aristocrat" - is something soulful, spiritual, where one should know his place, and if you are a nobody how can you go around talking about yourself, we shall evaluate you ourselves, and so on in the same key. But when "democratic" times come, one can advertise oneself on every corner - conversely, this is considered to be good.
    Wow, this is really counter-intuitive and interesting... where did you get it from?

However, I'd have to say that it seems to be saying this only applies if you're a "nobody", and in the Democratic quadra you can advertise yourself loudly even if you're a "nobody":

"where one should know his place, and if you are a nobody how can you go around talking about yourself, we shall evaluate you ourselves, and so on in the same key. But when "democratic" times come, one can advertise oneself on every corner - conversely, this is considered to be good."

The 3rd quadra is the quadra of individual success. If an organization is created in 3rd quadra, this means that it's temporary. There is no collectivism here.
    So, does he correlate collectivism with Aristocracy?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Wow, this is really counter-intuitive and interesting... where did you get it from?
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...Victor_Gulenko

So, does he correlate collectivism with Aristocracy?
    It seems like it, yes.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think Trump has always been doing his best LIE impression because on some level that is "American" and by SLE logic the president needs to be presidential (i.e.: "American" and America is LIE). You can kind of tell its a caricature, cause if you really think about it Obama was more American in all the ways that are true and not superficial, yet beta is not really interested in that; they are interested in that Fe Se manifestation that works on the surface, hence both Trumps imitation of a thing and the widespread beta support for his candidacy. The most interesting thing of all is how it seems like even betas are starting to not want him anymore, which doesn't militate towards him never having been beta, it just shows that he's definitely in trouble and the winds are changing and new beta opportunists are positioning themselves in preparation

I feel like it is practically self evident that he is SLE because once you start to understand projection and imitation you can see how many types wear masks but they always give themselves away in terms of quadra values. They pay lip service to out of quadra values but still live by their own. Even the best lip service has the feeling of exaggeration and imitation to it which is why I think the perceptive person as a matter of gut instinct can see Trump as first and foremost an imitator and not an inherently authentic person. He doesn't exude a moral compass in the way a Fi user does, but it might take an Fi user to recognize that. SEEs on paper sound like they're just as flexible but they're really not. SLE can do an impression of anyone they want but they can't fool the real thing. Inasmuch as betas are not the object of impersonation they can't discern the extent of the fakery. But I bet they'd be able to tell if an LSE was trying to be EIE for example, it would have a certain grossly obvious quality to it, that from my end I see, but might not be able to were the situations reversed

judge Trump by his actions not words and you see he's beta to the core, and now his beta supporters are trying to disavow him now that its becoming clear he's struggling, which is basically the most beta thing ever

this whole thing has beta dynamics written all over it

trying to shove him into gamma is like the meta version of "blaming obama" one more time. its the total refusal to take responsibility for anything perceived as negative. beta. as. fuck
    Last edited by Bertrand; 03-20-2017 at 10:41 PM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

meanwhile, in another dimension

ESTP e8 x ESTP e8

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Side by side, Trump looks like a sad little puppy.

Last edited by Aylen; 03-20-2017 at 11:00 PM.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

While I generally agree with Gulenko's assessment of the 3rd quadra, Trump's type of self-promotion has always struck me as having to do with his innate brand of narcissism rather than him trying to "sell" himself as a kind of product. He's rather self-involved and self-assured with it and seems to be deaf to any feedback instead preferring to just pull through and "crush" his opposition. This pull-through approach that relies on energy reserves rather than careful negotiation is more typical of SLE than SEE, SLE being one of the energy-carrier types. The start of Trump's presidency reminded me of what Prokofieva wrote about how Kutuzov (ILI) managed to wear down Napoleon's (SLE) gusto - it seems like that's exactly what Trump's opposition is trying to do to him.

Intuitive-logical introvert (ILI) can be called the strategist of all strategists. The combination of strong intuition and logic gives people of this type qualities of wisdom and knowledge of life's laws. The distinguishing attributes of ILI - are precaution and prescience. One of the notable representative of this type was the M.I. Kutuzov. He fought all his life, but didn't win any remarkable battles - all his victories are ambiguous, with an even score. Despite this, he is known as one of the greatest military generals. Napoleon and Suvorov called Kutuzov a "clever fox". Why? Kutuzov's intellect shows itself in a simple acceptance of the fact that there was no way to defeat Napoleon in an open battle. Napoleon was a master of attack, who would thoroughly think through the plan for the battle in advance, but Kutuzov knew how to retreat. That is one of the most complicated military tasks – to hold back enemy forces using only one part of the army, while constantly switching maneuvers, changing from a fighting formation to a retreating and marching formation. Kutuzov carefully calculated and was able to predict that Napoleon would not manage to provide enough forage for horses of the cavalry, and was absolutely right about this. At the end of the war there were only 5,000 people remaining of the great "Grand Army" - and this was from five or six hundred thousand soldiers! Meanwhile, Kutuzov retained half of his army for the main battle to come.

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t..._.28Ni.2CTe.29

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    meanwhile, in another dimension

ESTP e8 x ESTP e8
    look at those strong resolute men. such an inpsiration

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sigh.

The fact that Trump is SLE makes me sometimes want to kill myself.

The fact that there are people on 16T who can't type well enough to realize he's SLE also sometimes makes me want to kill myself.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Sigh.

The fact that Trump is SLE makes me sometimes want to kill myself.

The fact that there are people on 16T who can't type well enough to realize he's SLE also sometimes makes me want to kill myself.
    Don't take it so serious.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I gotta say the pics of Trump with a dove kind of make me feel he just grew into a grouchy old man.

YWIMW

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't take it so serious.

OMG where is that from I can't brea--

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ew @Aylen .

And I know you and other IEI have a lot of time to waste but I'm not too interested in spending time on any intellectual or pseudo-intellectual discussions I don't take seriously.

I know not taking things seriously is the only true excuse you can give for your shit Te though, so carry on.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I gotta say the pics of Trump with a dove kind of make me feel he just grew into a grouchy old man.
    naw it was his audience that changed. SLEs just give people what they want. All of beta is kind of like that. Hence the comparisons to ******

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

OMG where is that from I can't brea--
    I found it quite by accident but when I clicked on source it wasn't available. I took a screenshot. I only clicked a couple pics for source so it might be on another site.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Ew @Aylen .

And I know you and other IEI have a lot of time to waste but I'm not too interested in spending time on any intellectual or pseudo-intellectual discussions I don't take seriously.

I know not taking things seriously is the only true excuse you can give for your shit Te though, so carry on.
    You are quite thin skinned but carry on. I am not doing this weak Te thing with you again. You already know what I feel about that.

YWIMW

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think @squark shows valuable objections and supports his views with valid quotes and sources. I'll continue to type Trump as SLE. However, considering the possibility of SEE to clear misunderstandings is what makes a good discussion and brings us closer to the truth.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ew @Aylen .

channeling your inner Nietzsche

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think @squark shows valuable objections and supports his views with valid quotes and sources. I'll continue to type Trump as SLE. However, considering the possibility of SEE to clear misunderstandings is what makes a good discussion and brings us closer to the truth.
    I feel like this is the role of betas in society in general--to force us to prove our points. They're like the opposing council in humanities

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    naw it was his audience that changed. SLEs just give people what they want. All of beta is kind of like that. Hence the comparisons to ******
    Hate to break it to you but there are people like that in all quadras. :/

YWIMW

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You already know what I feel about that.
    Yes but what do you think?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hate to break it to you but there are people like that in all quadras. :/
    why hate to break it to me? you haven't done me or my point any harm

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: "Hate to break it to you", or "You are so thin skinned", it's because she thinks ethically-focused dongles add something to the quality of her arguments rather than detract from them, as many other iEIs (and SEIs) do. @Bertrand .

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Yes but what do you think?
    What I think is that some people type any dimwitted caveman/woman who they believe lack morals, hold archaic beliefs and have a thirst for power SLE without a second thought.

YWIMW

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Aylen my question was about what you think about you and your shit Te actually, not this.

What you answered with looks like some attempt to appease me and seems to suggest you simply don't want to type Trump as your dual just because you have empathy for your dual.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: "Hate to break it to you", or "You are so thin skinned", it's because she thinks ethically-focused dongles add something to the quality of her arguments rather than detract from them, as many other iEIs (and SEIs) do. @Bertrand .
    oh right... how could I forget, lol!

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    why hate to break it to me? you haven't done me or my point any harm
    You didn't really make a point. You just protected the hive by reinforcing the wall.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@Aylen my question was about what you think about you and your shit Te actually, not this.

What you answered with looks like some attempt to appease me and seems to suggest you simply don't want to type Trump as your dual just because you have empathy for your dual.
    How would my response in any way be meant to appease you? It had nothing to do with you. :/

My Te is not on trial here.

YWIMW

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast