View Poll Results: type of Donald Trump?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

3 1.63%
  • SEI (ISFp)

3 1.63%
  • ESE (ESFj)

3 1.63%
  • LII (INTj)

2 1.09%
  • SLE (ESTp)

118 64.13%
  • IEI (INFp)

2 1.09%
  • EIE (ENFj)

8 4.35%
  • LSI (ISTj)

2 1.09%
  • SEE (ESFp)

47 25.54%
  • ILI (INTp)

2 1.09%
  • LIE (ENTj)

8 4.35%
  • ESI (ISFj)

1 0.54%
  • IEE (ENFp)

2 1.09%
  • SLI (ISTp)

3 1.63%
  • LSE (ESTj)

5 2.72%
  • EII (INFj)

4 2.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    You didn't really make a point. You just protected the hive by reinforcing the wall.
    Im so glad I got free from this stupid shit

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    How would my response in any way be meant to appease you? It had nothing to do with you. :/

My Te is not on trial here.
    Oh, my own type has nothing to do with me? No connection whatsoever? Not even when you were speaking about it while addressing me in response directly?

It doesn't have to be "on trial", but I asked you a question. Which you can feel free to ignore if you choose.

You're the one who chose to engage me in the first place by telling me not to take things so seriously. My post in this thread didn't necessarily have anything to do with you.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Oh, my own type has nothing to do with me? No connection whatsoever? Not even when you were speaking about it while addressing me in response directly?

It doesn't have to be "on trial", but I asked you a question. Which you can feel free to ignore if you choose.
    No, it was not about you specifically. I was moving back to the topic of this thread, not getting personal, so yes I was ignoring what was off topic, my "shit Te".

The idea that people won't type Trump SLE, (because they can't type well) made you want to kill yourself seemed a bit ludicrous to me so I responded with the dove pic. Was I meant to take that serious too? Come on, you reacted like you usually do and insult logic.

Sigh.

The fact that Trump is SLE makes me sometimes want to kill myself.

The fact that there are people on 16T who can't type well enough to realize he's SLE also sometimes makes me want to kill myself.
    Bit extreme, don't you think... I am done now.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Aylen Since I'm pretty sure you do think I'm your dual, and you told me my existence or behaviour or whatever "insults logic", and you also seem to think that Trump is a Ti polr and a dimwitted caveman, you now have one example where an SLE you know is similar to Trump in lieu of the one SLE you mentioned you know IRL.

You're welcome.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Aylen Since I'm pretty sure you do think I'm your dual, and you told me my existence or behaviour or whatever "insults logic", and you also seem to think that Trump is a Ti polr and a dimwitted caveman, you now have one example where an SLE you know is similar to Trump in lieu of the one SLE you mentioned you know IRL.

You're welcome.
    @niffer, I don't think @Aylen was trying to insult you. Personally, I think you're remarkably spiffy for an SLE (and not an ESI ), (smart, perceptive, even-tempered, reasonable, helpful, I've got to stop now before this turns into a description of scouting), and if I can see this, so can she.

Aylen was just saying that SLE's in general get a bad rep (and I agree, even though I know some who are kind of rough around the edges), and that picture of Trump with a dove was almost certainly meant to make peace. One thing I've noticed about IEI's is that they tend to step into a convo and pour oil on troubled waters. Starfall does this, too, and when I see it, I have to admire their diplomatic skills.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

You're welcome.
    I actually know a few in real life but thanks for your services. I do not see you, or anyone really, like Trump. I know people far worse than Trump that I do type SLE and want nothing to do with because they scare me in a way that Trump doesn't.

I understand no one wants to claim him. Whether we agree or not, I put some consideration into my final typing of him. They are rather long posts so I don't expect people will read them thoroughly then make a counter argument based on what I have written. I am tired of Trump for the day though. Now I just want to watch a movie.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Adam got some formidable game going on these days y'all look at him go, my benefactor heart is bursting

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @niffer, I don't think @Aylen was trying to insult you. Personally, I think you're remarkably spiffy for an SLE (and not an ESI ), (smart, perceptive, even-tempered, reasonable, helpful, I've got to stop now before this turns into a description of scouting), and if I can see this, so can she.

Aylen was just saying that SLE's in general get a bad rep (and I agree, even though I know some who are kind of rough around the edges), and that picture of Trump with a dove was almost certainly meant to make peace. One thing I've noticed about IEI's is that they tend to step into a convo and pour oil on troubled waters. Starfall does this, too, and when I see it, I have to admire their diplomatic skills.
    Thanks Adam, you are very sweet sometimes. She knows I don't consider her dimwitted or a cavewoman.

YWIMW

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Adam got some formidable game going on these days y'all look at him go, my benefactor heart is bursting
    Well, thanks, but don't go nuts here. I call 'em like I subjectively see 'em, and while that can sometimes seem flattering, it can also look like I'm throwing someone under the bus. It's all just my low-filtered viewpoint, and nothing more.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Well, thanks, but don't go nuts here. I call 'em like I subjectively see 'em, and while that can sometimes seem flattering, it can also look like I'm throwing someone under the bus. It's all just my low-filtered viewpoint, and nothing more.
    Psshhhhh don't ruin it, just say yes okay

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange My nature is to be skeptical of kindness or emotional soothing, which is kind of a neuroticism I guess. I do appreciate you Adam and your help with smoothing things over.

I just feel like Trump being SLE should be obvious, and sometimes I feel really strongly when it comes to some information about reality being "objectively true". When I report information I do not feel like I'm reporting information that is subjectively true to me for my ego or whatever, and I don't like the idea of knocking down others' ideas just for fun or for validation or because of my relationship to them. I don't think that I don't have an ego or that others are conversely non-objective. It just upsets me when I feel others are cut off or something to what is so obvious for me, and if they had enough overall knowledge available to them, should be structurally obvious and sound too. (I'm like "Sad!" like D. Trump.) A lack of perceptiveness and easily usable information in an environment I'm in with others is worrisome to me, and being concerned about their ability to process it is also stressful for me and I know that probably comes across as patronizing and douchey and is a bit presumptuous about other people's abilities, but it's true. I just want the bar to be raised and I also don't like ignorance. It's not the people, but the factors that allow for ignorance in the first place that I don't like, and I want to kill that with fire or kill myself because I really don't enjoy it.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange My nature is to be skeptical of kindness or emotional soothing, which is kind of a neuroticism I guess. I do appreciate you and your help with smoothing things over.
    NP. You just got dat ol' Ni-PoLR. Lol.

I just feel like Trump being SLE should be obvious,
    It became so to me after watching him for a while, but at first I was afraid he was a very sick LIE.

and sometimes I feel really strongly when it comes to some information about reality being "objectively true". When I report information I do not feel like I'm reporting information that is subjectively true to me for my ego or whatever, and I don't like the idea of knocking down others' ideas just for fun or for validation or because of my relationship to them. I don't think that I don't have an ego or that others are conversely non-objective. It just upsets me when I feel others are cut off or something to what is so obvious for me, and if they had enough overall knowledge available to them, should be structurally obvious and sound too. (I'm like "Sad!" like D. Trump.) A lack of perceptiveness and easily usable information in an environment I'm in with others is worrisome to me, and being concerned about their ability to process it is also stressful for me and I know that probably comes across as patronizing and douchey and is a bit presumptuous about other people's abilities, but it's true.
    I can see what you're saying. I've noticed that SLE's are exceptionally good at seeing what's real in the environment. Strong Se.
    But, you might be worrying about this too much. When I first got into some disagreements with some people here, I really wondered how someone (and I wondered if that someone was them or me) could be so screwed up. Now, I just let it go. Imagine! An e8 just letting something go. Lol.

I just want the bar to be raised and I also don't like ignorance. It's not the people, but the factors that allow for ignorance in the first place that I don't like, and I want to kill that with fire or kill myself because I really don't enjoy it.
    Yeah, I think I know what you mean. I want to do that with politicians. My rage is so close to the surface when I think about some of this stuff they do that I'm constantly suppressing it. This suppression makes me appear pretty calm most of the time, I think.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's really clinched Trump as a SLE in my mind is 4D Fi. He really does not know who to trust and is not confident in making decisions regarding that matter. He's constantly in a tug of war between various factions each trying to pull him in their own direction and he's constantly bouncing back and forth between them. And he seems to over-react to disloyalty. The whole concept of trust and loyalty seems to be a big black hole for him that's constantly frustrating him.

Ugh, now that I think of it, my depiction of him sounds more Fi suggestive than Fi POLR. LIE? I'm confident he's an extrovert, I'm confident he's an Se valuer, and I'm confident he's logic over ethics. SLE or LIE. I could see both.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking about Trump types and integral type of the USA :

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually starting to think that Trump could actually be SEE.

Here's Gulenko's argument for Trump as SEE, which makes sense and blah blah blah:

Socionics. Donald Trump. Personality Type - SEE - Politician - ESFP - Youtube

"When we read some other Socionics schools of their own understanding, it is not even funny, it is primitive. Up to the statements like "if a sharp person came to power and calls for some tough actions, means it is a second quadra". Up to the fact that Obama was from 1st quadra, and now with Trump it is 2nd quadra. It is such a primitive analysis! First of all, one person coming to power does not mean that a new quadra is going to be formed in the values of society. And second of all, one person cannot impose his own views on masses, if he does not fulfill the social request for social benefit" - Gulenko

But how does it actually go? I think that Trump actually represents Elvis more than someone like Madonna:

People say things like "Well Trump is so calm and "rational"! Therefore he must be SLE". But if you actually look, then so is Elvis, even moreso than Madonna. Also there's the stereotype that if someone is brash and reasonably "smart", then he must be SLE. Pretty silly stereotype. It's not as if feelers are being emotive and spewing emotions 24/7, and actually EXTxs especially the EXTps tend to be very emotional. Also no matter how much you hate Trump, he is actually pretty smart and intelligent.

Trump and Elvis are actually very similar, down to being very sober most of the time, and occasionally flashing a smile when something is funny and goes back to being calm and sober again. While Madonna is someone who says things like "Don't fuck with me" and heartily laughs at jokes. She enjoys and goes along with the merry atmosphere of Dave Letterman. Trump doesn't really give a shit about Letterman, and just wants to talk about more serious things. He is neither coaxed nor provoked by Letterman, he just doesn't care.

There are more similarities between Trump and Elvis than Trump and Madonna.

If you actually want to look at Fi-PoLR, then there's Madonna. She says offensive things left and right, and she doesn't understand why she can't swear on American TV or whatever, and she challenges such notions, like she wants to destroy those "manners" so she can say whatever she wants without censorship. While Trump is even diplomatic, he never ever says anything offensive.

He seems genuinely dejected that the US is not "getting along with Russia", and says things like "It would be wonderful if we could get along with Russia", which might be creative-Fi. He understands and tries to mend relationships, for the greater good:
    PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: It would be wonderful, as we were discussing just a little while ago, if NATO and our country could get along with Russia. Right now we’re not getting along with Russia at all. We may be at an all-time low in terms of relationship with Russia. This has built for a long period of time. But we’re going to see what happens. Putin is the leader of Russia. Russia is a strong country. We’re a very, very strong country.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-since-donald/

But all in all, these are all fairly "shallow" analysis as Gulenko puts it. Perhaps we should be focusing on his overall behavior.

I'm not saying that this is 100%, but it's a very plausible one.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From: http://worldsocionics.blogspot.com/2...lity-type.html

Extroverted Intuition = "Intueor" or "Ideas" = I
    Introverted Intuition =*"Tempus" or "Time" = T
    Extroverted Sensation =*"Factor"*or "Force" = F
    Introverted Sensation =*"Sensus"*or "Senses" = S
    Extroverted Ethics =*"Emoveo" or "Emotions" = E
    Introverted Ethics =*"Relatio" or "Relations" =*R
    Extroverted Logic = "Profiteor"*or "Pragmatism" =*P
    Introverted Logic =*"Lex" or "Laws" =*L

Donald John Trump is an American businessman, real estate developer, book author, television show host and 45th President of the United States. He is the son of the late real-estate developer Fred Trump. Trump has a Bachelor's degree in Economics from the prestigious Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, but even before graduating he was already working in his father's company.

Trump oversaw several high-profile real estate and building developments in New York City in the 1970s and 1980s, during a time when the city's economic future was dubious and investing there was far from being obviously wise. Trump's projects were often controversial, leading him to become increasingly a public figure, culminating with his construction of Trump Tower in 1983. That was controversial due to its (alleged) questionable taste; the - at the time - dubious business case for such a project in still-then depressed Manhattan; to the demolition of the Art Deco Bonwit Teller building that had previously stood there; and to Trump's increased use of his own name and brand to associate his projects with himself.

At the time Trump was in his thirties, and for an analysis of his type it is useful to take a look at how he came across in interviews of the time. Rather than the later, better known version, who is more inclined to rely on bombast, bragging, self-promotion and extravagant, controversial or even perhaps shocking remarks, the Donald Trump of the early 1980s appeared as a calm, rational, even modest man who showed little emotion or passion as he described in technical detail the reasoning behind his building projects and defended them against criticism, relying on factual, technical arguments (or seemingly so). At the time, Trump started to become identified with NYC's returning optimism since he (by luck or smarts) managed to invest there precisely at the right moment. His public image became that of not only a canny investor but also of a man who "believed in New York", and he explored that image in a virtuous (or vicious) circle whereby his business ventures became indelibly associated with his personality and vice-versa.

In 1987 Donald Trump published his first (and still most famous) book, The Art of the Deal. Actually penned by journalist Tony Schwartz, the book nevertheless is written in Trump's first-person voice and it seems clear that it reflects his own thoughts, words, and views (or at least the views the wanted the public to associate with him). In that book, Trump is still largely his 1980s persona: it is mostly his autobiography (focusing much more on his business ventures than his private life) along with his thoughts, and advice, on how to succeed in real-estate development. That book still reflected what seems to be his obviously deep understanding of that kind of business, as he describes in detail how he came to his decisions, but also with some more general principles: the notions that business deals are about knowing and using one's leverage (F); that intelligence and technical knowledge, or other talents, are less important than one's instinct about their own leverage, strengths, and weaknesses, and a belief that either a person has such instincts, or not (points to F as more valued than P). Further, at the time he was already professing his belief (that later became much more obvious) than even bad publicity is better than no publicity; that making extravagant claims about his objectives and goals, far more than he knows to be feasible, is very useful in building up his image (E blocked with T). He also wrote that another key to success was to always have several alternatives and fall-back positions when trying to strike a business deal, so as never to really lose (points to I). Finally, it is interesting that he seems skeptical of expert technical knowledge when making his big decisions; he prefers, as he says, to ask as many people what they think about a location (especially cab drivers), gradually forming an image of the situation in his mind until he's certain of what the best way forward is (this indicates L as more valued than P in my view).

I argue that the above is perfectly consistent with the core of the present-day Donald Trump, and already reflects some clear Socionics information. His early public persona clearly showed a man at ease with factual impersonal information when defending his business decisions, which was at first obviously a more comfortable "zone" than the appeal to his image. That strongly suggests that his P is in a stronger position than his E. Yet,*his increased shift to focusing on E in public, as he got older, more famous and more successful, strongly suggests that E is a quadra value rather than P, which was already clear in The Art of the Deal: P is easy but taken for granted, while E is something he prefers to build up, aim at, and explore. His often-repeated belief that the single most important quality for business deals is to know one's (and others') "leverage", and that is further built up by one's "credibility" which is a consequence of success and the image of being successful, clearly points to F as quadra value and as a zone of great confidence. The above already points to Beta as Trump's quadra - having E and F as quadra values. His strong P points to a logical Beta type, while his focus on keeping several possibilities afloat at once, as well as his confidence in risk-taking and spotting real-estate potential before others shows a reasonable confidence in I. Finally, that Trump states all of that as self-evident truths points to L. All of that already points to SLE as Trump's type, a logical Beta with decent I focus.

"Present-day" Trump presents further evidence. He got into increasingly diverse business ventures that had sometimes little to do with his core business expertise, and were based exclusively on his image, starting with casinos, then into things like Trump Steaks, Trump the Game, finally culminating on the TV shows The Apprentice,*Celebrity Apprentice and spin-offs thereof, as well as Miss Universe competitions and the like. I think it's fair to say that by the time of those TV shows he was spending at least as much time (if not far more) in this kind of image-and-celebrity business venture rather than on his originally core real-estate businesses. That again shows the shift from P+F (accumulating wealth through more "concrete" business ventures) to E+F (focusing on his image as a source of power and wealth, as well as probably an end in itself).

Finally, on Trump's most recent "incarnation" i.e. as presidential candidate. His tactics in the Republican primary debates consisted essentially of destroying his rivals through ridicule, by attaching to their images traits (real or not, that's irrelevant) based on perceived weaknesses and pounding on them relentlessly until they "stuck" (i.e. low-energy Jeb Bush (LIE), little Marco, lying Ted, etc). Winning a competition by ruthlessly destroying an adversary, even using what some might call 'low-belt' tactics. shows a focus and skill on F (especially as he himself seemed impervious to such attacks); and the focus on rivals' images - rather than their substance or record - shows again the focus on E, E+T in particular i.e. a broader, longer-term perception of an image, rather than more short-term emotional atmosphere.

Also interestingly, Trump's most notorious political promises are F focused: building a huge wall on the Mexican border (that is the materialization of F), being tough on external commercial rivals, foreign and internal enemies, etc. Whether he actually plans on doing any of that if elected president is less relevant than that he thinks that those promises are effective and plausible and will help him. In addition, the 'present' Donald Trump's focus on E as a political tool has been effective with many people, but they are also seen as over-the-top, or even repugnant, by as many more. This is consistent with E being in a valued function but not really strong (such as lead or creative).

Donald Trump is clearly a SLE and I think it's even difficult to plausibly argue for another Socionics type.

Sources: information on the present Donald Trump is almost infinite; his earlier incarnation can be found in older video interviews and in his first book "The Art of the Deal".
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 04-20-2017 at 08:08 PM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that Gulenko's argument for Trump being SEE does real damage to his credibility as someone who knows how to apply Socionics theory to typing people.

It's interesting how he mentions Recep Tayyip Erdogan as being the 'calm, calculated' SLE he knows that Trump isn't. However, Erdogan would actually be LSI. There is a 'typing shift' with Gulenko where LSI becomes SLE and SLE becomes SEE, based on this idea that only SEEs are wildcards and SLEs must be calm and calculated just because they are Logical.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Gulenko is right that these analysis are rather primitive. The superficial behavioral similarities between Trump and Elvis are pretty uncanny. But what about more "deeper" behavioral analysis? What Gulenko seems to does is that he types based on how a type behaves within the context of a society. He attempts to individuate types by giving specific behavioral traits that "only" a certain type can act in a certain way, and in a way that makes sense according to his/her "information elements". These behaviors can be observed experimentally or are based on actual observations, and seems to make sense to me.

--

So he explains, how exactly does the SEE typically act in a way that is uniquely specific to his/her type in a society? He also says something about the EIE, whom he sees as creators of ideologies which the SEEs work within. It's a pity that we don't know much about this because we don't have his data available in English.

What exactly does Trump do, and what does he want? His main point is the war/peace dichotomy. He explains that a war starts when one imposes its own values onto the other, and there is no compromise. But the SEE, like most feelers is a compromiser, he does not impose values, he does not start wars, he generally seeks peace. This trait can easily be observed in SEEs.

Gulenko explains that Trump is not the one to impose values, he is seeking compromises, he negotiates instead. Trump may seem like a warmonger, but if you have actually bothered to follow him, then he is actually not. He has been skeptical and critical of the US imposing its own values onto the world, being nosy and the "world police", which is why there have been so many wars lately in the world. He is critical and skeptical of the neo-conservative and neoliberal agenda of global domination, he is critical of NATO, he is critical of creating more conflicts with Russia, he instead wants to seek peace with Russia. These are based on the things that he has said in the past, but of course these things are also beyond his own control and power.

It does not mean that SEEs never use force, they do but they tend to regret it later because they have a tendency to misuse force and screw it up, which they will use their creative Fi to attempt to mend the broken relationship and make things fine again. So this is the kind of flip-flopping that you see in Trump, he constantly screws things up and then he attempts to resolve it again. Basically, he is a negotiator and not an imposer. He says, "you have your own rules, we have our own rules, let's just leave each other and live in peace", which is consistent with the SEE's "live and let live" attitude.

Another point is the wealth disparity within society, and he says something about how SEEs see this and try to correct it, but I don't quite know how he exactly arrived at this or understand his views deeply, so I'll refrain from commenting on this.

Another point that he has made is that the SEEs are the type that tend to understand what people want and give them what they want, and they tend to fulfill promises to the people, which is usually how they gain power and get into leadership positions. This can easily be observed in SEEs. It's not necessarily true that "knowing what people want" is only Fe, knowing intuitively what people want is more F than T. Fi types know what people want better than Ti types. What the SLE does instead is more to do with ruthless competitiveness and relentless perfectionism in an attempt to try to be "the very best", he's not as concerned with what people want. But the SEE feels and understands what people want, and that's exactly how they become "popular" and gain top positions. That's how Trump won, even though he had no experience with campaigning or electioneering. SEEs are also good with cajoling people, complimenting them, which is something Trump often does. It's exactly the reason why Elvis was so popular with the ladies all over the world, he exactly knew that women wanted, and he became that "perfect man" that everybody wanted.

It's pretty silly to say something like, "Well he's so brash and offensive, no way an SEE is like that, he must be SLE". Well, he has never actually been always offensive, he used to be more serious and diplomatic. Again, he is actually feeling the trend of "conservatism" in the country, with the people becoming fed up with "political correctness", and so he's scooping it up and he uses this skill masterfully to attempt to give people what they want, to become someone who is not chained to "political correctness", someone who boldly says what's on his mind, which is exactly how he won! So he has done his job.

Sorry that was long, but there's probably more to say about this. I'm not sure who has actually read this whole thing, but thanks to those who did. Also don't take this too seriously, this is just a terrible waste of time.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I feel like gulenko understands socionics better than US culture and politics

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes, I think that Trump's style of supposed ethical pressure is not really consistent how SEEs actually do it. SEEs can be rather manipulative or they try to be. They don't usually fool me (based on knowledge if I think of the situations I have caught them on the spot) but they do fool many. Door to door vacuum cleaner salesman is the classic version of desperate or corrupt ones. Gammas see the ethics more or less on the spot leading kind of activity or providing classy performance (which they think is worth of the money...).

Trump is more of SLE giving out the statements.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What type says this?

"Does everybody like Nikki? Otherwise she can easily be replaced."
    —Trump joke to over a dozen UN ambassadors at luncheon, referring to UN Ambassador Nikki Haley, seated next to him.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he is LIE. I am glad that at least some people in this thread considers that type.

LIE is without doubt the most succesful type in society. They are masters of keeping moving forward regardless of the difficulties.
    I find it unlikely that a SLE would be as successful as Trump.

I suspect that the SLE typing of Trump is influenced by some Socionics sterotypes that aren't necessarily true.

SLEs are base sensors. Many SLEs are not that confident when it comes to business and progress.
    The Se of SLEs often give the impression of a physical, grounded person. Often it is not aggressive at all.
    SLE is also not known for being confident with giving talks and expressing themselves.

I think that a lot of Trumps aggression comes from him being Enneagram 8.

I simply can't imagine Se being the centre of consciousness of Trump. He is too smart and dynamic for that. But as a mobilizing function i can totally see it.

Ti creatives often give the impression of "trying to keep things together" either mentally or verbally. Not something that I see Trump doing.

Melania Trump is ESI in my opinion. She actually gives out some LII vibes sometimes, but I think that's the superego, because she is Normalizing.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    I'm actually starting to think that Trump could actually be SEE.

Here's Gulenko's argument for Trump as SEE, which makes sense and blah blah blah:

Socionics. Donald Trump. Personality Type - SEE - Politician - ESFP - Youtube

"When we read some other Socionics schools of their own understanding, it is not even funny, it is primitive. Up to the statements like "if a sharp person came to power and calls for some tough actions, means it is a second quadra". Up to the fact that Obama was from 1st quadra, and now with Trump it is 2nd quadra. It is such a primitive analysis! First of all, one person coming to power does not mean that a new quadra is going to be formed in the values of society. And second of all, one person cannot impose his own views on masses, if he does not fulfill the social request for social benefit" - Gulenko

But how does it actually go? I think that Trump actually represents Elvis more than someone like Madonna:

People say things like "Well Trump is so calm and "rational"! Therefore he must be SLE". But if you actually look, then so is Elvis, even moreso than Madonna. Also there's the stereotype that if someone is brash and reasonably "smart", then he must be SLE. Pretty silly stereotype. It's not as if feelers are being emotive and spewing emotions 24/7, and actually EXTxs especially the EXTps tend to be very emotional. Also no matter how much you hate Trump, he is actually pretty smart and intelligent.

Trump and Elvis are actually very similar, down to being very sober most of the time, and occasionally flashing a smile when something is funny and goes back to being calm and sober again. While Madonna is someone who says things like "Don't fuck with me" and heartily laughs at jokes. She enjoys and goes along with the merry atmosphere of Dave Letterman. Trump doesn't really give a shit about Letterman, and just wants to talk about more serious things. He is neither coaxed nor provoked by Letterman, he just doesn't care.

There are more similarities between Trump and Elvis than Trump and Madonna.

If you actually want to look at Fi-PoLR, then there's Madonna. She says offensive things left and right, and she doesn't understand why she can't swear on American TV or whatever, and she challenges such notions, like she wants to destroy those "manners" so she can say whatever she wants without censorship. While Trump is even diplomatic, he never ever says anything offensive.

He seems genuinely dejected that the US is not "getting along with Russia", and says things like "It would be wonderful if we could get along with Russia", which might be creative-Fi. He understands and tries to mend relationships, for the greater good:
    PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: It would be wonderful, as we were discussing just a little while ago, if NATO and our country could get along with Russia. Right now we’re not getting along with Russia at all. We may be at an all-time low in terms of relationship with Russia. This has built for a long period of time. But we’re going to see what happens. Putin is the leader of Russia. Russia is a strong country. We’re a very, very strong country.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-since-donald/

But all in all, these are all fairly "shallow" analysis as Gulenko puts it. Perhaps we should be focusing on his overall behavior.

I'm not saying that this is 100%, but it's a very plausible one.
    Cool, Gulenko agrees with me.

YWIMW

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"The bad Germans" - recently in the Trump headlines here

creative?

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I disagree with some of your statements but thank you for sharing your insights and encouraging another perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I think he is LIE. I am glad that at least some people in this thread considers that type.

LIE is without doubt the most successful type in society. They are masters of keeping moving forward regardless of the difficulties.
    I find it unlikely that a SLE would be as successful as Trump.

Success is can be an indicator for type but it does not proof that he is LIE. Having the opinion that SLE's are likely less successful than LIE's is irrelevant to typing. You'd be better off analyzing his tactics in context of typology. What matters is his style of action, reasoning ability, his behavior in general and, if you are interested, also V.I.

I suspect that the SLE typing of Trump is influenced by some Socionics sterotypes that aren't necessarily true.
    True but typing him LIE also comes from the LIE entrepreneur stereotype.

SLEs are base sensors. Many SLEs are not that confident when it comes to business and progress.
    Based on what

The Se of SLEs often give the impression of a physical, grounded person. Often it is not aggressive at all.
    So do other types.

SLE is also not known for being confident with giving talks and expressing themselves.
    Since when? Watch an interview with Elon Musk(LIE) or other LIE's. He got a lot more confident over the years when it comes to presentation and interviews but he can still come of as nervous which discounts the theory that "Trump must be LIE because he's confindet when giving talks".

I think that a lot of Trumps aggression comes from him being Enneagram 8.

I simply can't imagine Se being the centre of consciousness of Trump. He is too smart and dynamic for that. But as a mobilizing function i can totally see it.

But what kind of smart? Where do you see it? How does he use it? Any type can be intelligent.

Ti creatives often give the impression of "trying to keep things together" either mentally or verbally. Not something that I see Trump doing.

Melania Trump is ESI in my opinion. She actually gives out some LII vibes sometimes, but I think that's the superego, because she is Normalizing.

"trying to keep things together"...so what does an LIE do instead in your opinion?

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His message left on a guestbook at a Holocaust memorial:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7752541.html

His handwriting analysis:

http://www.freeread.com/handwriting-...al-candidates/

There are some other pretty interesting analysis of other candidates as well.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    I disagree with some of your statements but thank you for sharing your insights and encouraging another perspective.

Success is can be an indicator for type but it does not proof that he is LIE. Having the opinion that SLE's are likely less successful than LIE's is irrelevant to typing. You'd be better off analyzing his tactics in context of typology. What matters is his style of action, reasoning ability, his behavior in general and, if you are interested, also V.I.
    Of course it is no proof. We can't really proof anything here. But SLEs being less successful than LIE is in fact relevant here. You are right that under normal circumstances it wouldn't matter but Trump is so extremely successful that it matters. As a type LIE has the best abilities to go for the most power and wealth. The more competitive the environment the more type matters. So in an extremely competitive business environment the top is usually LIE because being any other type would be a weakness which would immediately be exploited.

You'd be better off analyzing his tactics in context of typology. What matters is his style of action, reasoning ability, his behavior in general and, if you are interested, also V.I
    Actually I am doing that. My main reason for typing him LIE is based on that. But I didn't include it here because I have a hard time formulate these impressions. It wouldn't really clarify much. But yeah, he is very rational, as far as information processing goes.

IMO the "irrationality" of him that some people see are not really related to Socionics.

True but typing him LIE also comes from the LIE entrepreneur stereotype.
    It's not just a stereotype (even though it is that too). LIEs cognitive functions are very well suited for making money.

I think that there is too much emphasize on Se as power in Socioncs communities. It is partially true but the idea sometimes gets mythological proportions.

Since when? Watch an interview with Elon Musk(LIE) or other LIE's. He got a lot more confident over the years when it comes to presentation and interviews but he can still come of as nervous which discounts the theory that "Trump must be LIE because he's confindet when giving talks".
    Yeah but usually intuitives are much better at talking and improvising verbally.

But what kind of smart? Where do you see it? How does he use it? Any type can be intelligent.
    Types are basically different specializations of intelligence.

I don't really see the need of going into the semantics of "smart" or "intelligent".
    Building a fortune and becoming president without any experience must indicate something?

SLEs can be very smart when it comes to manipulating physical objects. LIEs are smart in business development.

"trying to keep things together"...so what does an LIE do instead in your opinion?
    In my opinion LIEs are very good at just trowing any logics out of the window and going straight for the goal. Ti creatives on the other hand seem to have a desire to keep things together, match, or make sense from a logic/structural perspectiv. This might be a bad example, it's just based on my experience with these types.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    "The bad Germans" - recently in the Trump headlines here

creative?
    Fi suggestive

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Start watching this video at 7 minutes. I edited the timestamp of the video already so it starts there.

For those who are too lazy, it's this short part I wanted to bring attention to -

Trump says all of a sudden:
    "How come this seat is at such a low level? Look at it. He's got this stage rigged, folks. That stage is a good half a... *holds up hands* six inches higher than my seat."

Trump then goes on to talk about how he'll never be made to get information about his finances out of him.

This is beta style , ST specifically.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ That literally doesn't say anything about any type.

What I noticed about Donald Trump is that he almost always compliments someone or something right before or after he gives his (fairly harsh) criticism. That's stuff straight out of "How to Win Friends and Influence People".

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Start watching this video at 7 minutes. I edited the timestamp of the video already so it starts there.

For those who are too lazy, it's this short part I wanted to bring attention to -

Trump says all of a sudden:
    "How come this seat is at such a low level? Look at it. He's got this stage rigged, folks. That stage is a good half a... *holds up hands* six inches higher than my seat."

Trump then goes on to talk about how he'll never be made to get information about his finances out of him.

This is beta style , ST specifically.
    Wow both of those guys look so young there!
    DT seems different there than he is now, I mean besides the visible age difference. He seems a lot more spiteful,
    r, more insecure, and just trashier now. Maybe he just hid it better back then, idk. He spoke with a lot of filler perseveration back then too, just as he does now (ie saying the same thing over and over 3-4 times).
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ That literally doesn't say anything about any type.

What I noticed about Donald Trump is that he almost always compliments someone or something right before or after he gives his (fairly harsh) criticism. That's stuff straight out of "How to Win Friends and Influence People".
    I wasn't trying to call your attention by quoting you.

But since you're here, you know, lumping your opinion together with Gulenko's just because he's a socionist won't make you look any smarter.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokomis View Post
    What's really clinched Trump as a SLE in my mind is 4D Fi. He really does not know who to trust and is not confident in making decisions regarding that matter. He's constantly in a tug of war between various factions each trying to pull him in their own direction and he's constantly bouncing back and forth between them. And he seems to over-react to disloyalty. The whole concept of trust and loyalty seems to be a big black hole for him that's constantly frustrating him.
    This is a feature of Fi polr. Source: go out and meet one.

Actually you don't even have to. You can try getting to know one on here. Hint: it's not going to be easy.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Se-SLE IMO. His is awful and his is weak making him such a polarizing figure due to his unruly comments. dom is kind of indisputable as well. 4D demonstrative seems evident via his business success. creative is less obvious due to being an subtype, but it's there nonetheless.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a feature of Fi polr. Source: go out and meet one.

Actually you don't even have to. You can try getting to know one on here. Hint: it's not going to be easy.
    I could see strong similarities with Fi suggestive too. But I'm not ruling out out SLE. I go back and forth between SLE and LIE in my head. The only thing I'm confident of is that Trump is no SEE. That's an idiotic typing. His Fi is unquestionably weak and his Te unquestionably strong.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

His Fi is below zero. Se impulsivness, Fi retardation, strong Te, Fe HA, it's all there - he's like a caricature of SLE.

TIM
    ILE-Ti 6w7 683 so/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump is SLE.
    SEE? No Fi, strong Te, valued weak Fe.
    LIE? Valued Fe, strong Se.
    cp6w7-3w2-8w7 sx/so ILE--D

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seem to like words like Winning, stupid, weak etc. Buzzwords http://www.yourdictionary.com/slides...sed-words.html
    Other person who liked "winning" is Charlie Sheen. They are probably not too far away personality standpoint.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His message left on a guestbook at a Holocaust memorial:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7752541.html

His handwriting analysis:

http://www.freeread.com/handwriting-...al-candidates/

There are some other pretty interesting analysis of other candidates as well.
    lol that 2nd link demonstrates an obvious political leaning. Not credible at all.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    His Fi is below zero. Se impulsivness, Fi retardation, strong Te, Fe HA, it's all there - he's like a caricature of SLE.
    I think what some people may be seeing as weak Fi in him is actually the lack of empathy involved in narcissism.

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast