Thread: Keirsey Temperament

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Keirsey Temperament

Take it here. Then say if it matches your MBTT type.

Yes, you have to take it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Take it here. Then say if it matches your MBTT type.
    Of course it does. The Keirsey temperaments can be used as a complemantary typing tool in some cases, for example if we are in doubt between SLI and LSI. Every SLI is an Artisan, every LSI is a Guardian. That applies to the other types as well. As I have mentioned elsewhere some time ago, the ESI is very clearly described by Filatova as having most of the typical traits of Keirsey's Guardian temperament, whereas the SEI is an Artisan.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you saying a Rational doesn't fit Beta ST?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Are you saying a Rational doesn't fit Beta ST?
    Definitely. They are as incompatible as a Researcher (NT) and a Pragmatist (ST) in Socionics.

From www.socioniko.net:

Pragmatists (sensory & logical)
    This sort of people evaluate things from the standpoint of practical result, they dislike “visions” and “hollow conversations”. Their manner of communication at close distances is, as a rule, rather harsh (“I am a frank person!”), plain – unless the partner gains respect for himself. Their typical problem is the obscure understanding of their own feelings, which is especially unpleasant for women of these types. Being often unable of expressing their feelings adequately, they tend to be abrupt and suspicious for no reason. Their second problem is a habit to use “well-proved ways”, and they do not like to use new, unusual approaches, especially when these approaches have a form of rather an idea than a well-working technology. From this standpoint we can understand the paradox when a Pragmatist may be among those who get behind (he simply does not understand why he needs all these abstract rules and formulas), but after school he becomes quite successful. The problem is that the school focused on mechanic learning of theoretical knowledge cannot understand usefulness of his practical skills. The third problem is caused by their strive for concrete values – for this reason they strive for being “authoritative”, and often interpret advice from others (even constructive) as an infringement on their authority.
    Researchers (intuitive & logical)
    They own a well-developed analytical and inventive thinking, vivid imagination, even when their real occupations (e.g. a farm owner) is not relevant to abstract speculations. Their interests are various; often they even have knowledge that seems redundant to others, for the reason that it may be useful one day. They think a lot and often offer unusual, non-standard solutions. The Achilles’ heel of Researches (exactly what they must sacrifice for their perfect mental skills) is that they are often tactless in relations with people. They can find brilliant solutions, but get stuck at their implementation, because of awkwardness in handling the human factor, as well as of forgetting “those boring details”.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back when I was into MBTI and Keirsey (for a long time actually believing the two to be more or less the same thing, although I know otherwise nowadays), I was INTJ according to both systems. No doubt Phaedrus is now going to attack me for being different to my Socionics type.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
    Back when I was into MBTI and Keirsey (for a long time actually believing the two to be more or less the same thing, although I know otherwise nowadays), I was INTJ according to both systems. No doubt Phaedrus is now going to attack me for being different to my Socionics type.
    Yes, naturally. What are your reasons for believing (because you certainly don't KNOW it) that you are (assuming that you still think so) an INTJ in MBTT? Please try to answer that, because of course I have to think that you don't know what you are talking about. Prove me wrong.