Thread: Types and sex

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Types and sex

Do you think your sexual behaviour, attitude towards sex is somehow type-related? And what about fantasies? Is it like a guy who dreams about sex with his teacher is infantile and a guy who dreams a about an innocent school-girl is aggresive? And what about being a gay? Are some types more inclined to be gays that the other? From my own experience I can tell that I know some INFjs who are gays or bi. But they are too few to tell anything. I'd risk saying that T people are less inclined to that (don't know why and I am still not sure

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pauluch View Post
    Do you think your sexual behaviour, attitude towards sex is somehow type-related? And what about fantasies? Is it like a guy who dreams about sex with his teacher is infantile and a guy who dreams a about an innocent school-girl is aggresive? And what about being a gay? Are some types more inclined to be gays that the other? From my own experience I can tell that I know some INFjs who are gays or bi. But they are too few to tell anything. I'd risk saying that T people are less inclined to that (don't know why and I am still not sure
    There's the whole myth in MBTT about Feelers being women and if men, mainly gay, or at least feminine, and Thinkers being men and if women, mainly lesbians. This is bullshit, and no doubt some people will carry the same belief through into socionics.

As for sexual behaviour, absolutely. The romantic styles are based on behaviour towards one's mate. Fantasies, however, I don't believe are incorporated into said styles. I think Aggressors can be fans of femdom, and Infantiles can think about boning some chick so hard she screams.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I know is it's my favorite past time

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I think type is correlated with sexual attitudes, Ezra is right to point out that the connection is not so stringent. Not to mention the stereotypical connotations which are associated all up in there.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im glad u mentioned this- for some reason i like being the victim during sex and all of my fantasies are with being the victim too. it remings me of the sex and the city episode where carrie asks, "could it be that what we don't like IRL, we love in sex?" i think there may be some truth to this in that thinking sex = lack of inhibition that during sex you let go of who you usually are. idk tho, who knows. like what would a caregiver be like during sex? maybe it's not necessarily type-related.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    There's the whole myth in MBTT about Feelers being women and if men, mainly gay, or at least feminine, and Thinkers being men and if women, mainly lesbians. This is bullshit, and no doubt some people will carry the same belief through into socionics.
    never heard of that myth...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, maybe not strictly in MBTT, but a woman Thinker would in society probably be seen as butch, and a male Feeler would be seen as a gay.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm victim in real life, sex and fantacies. Don't get the wrong idea here - I do have a lot of willpower and I do get a bit bossy every once in a while, and is also one part of being passionate, and valuing means I don't like slow "relaxing" atmosphere. But I am a victim because I expect the guy to be able to take the lead. I never have any fantacies about cute and gentle Casanova kind of guys. My taste is more to the side of Transporter (played by Jason Statham) or Riddick (played by Vin Diesel).
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't feel like I show a real preference for the stereotypical victim or agressor roles as they are thought about. I'm not particularly aggressive IRL so I don't have pent up frustration to use in bed, but I'm not a pussy either. In bed thus depends on how I'm feeling at the moment, sometimes it's nice to take the lead and be very assertive, sometimes it's nice to let the girl do everything she wants with you.

I prefer to be the initiator in terms of romantic relationships (probably due to my strong extraversion too), although I do need the girl to show interest in me afterwards, otherwise I tend to doubt it (but who doesn't need his-her partner to show interest??)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ime, yes.

i think i tend to fantasize about aggressors but its only fantasy. irl i respond to caregivers involuntarily.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im glad u mentioned this- for some reason i like being the victim during sex and all of my fantasies are with being the victim too. it remings me of the sex and the city episode where carrie asks, "could it be that what we don't like IRL, we love in sex?" i think there may be some truth to this in that thinking sex = lack of inhibition that during sex you let go of who you usually are. idk tho, who knows. like what would a caregiver be like during sex? maybe it's not necessarily type-related.
    hmmm well i guess that would not fit with your erotic attitude of aggressor. but in fantasies, even though you might be the "victim" you're really not. since anything and everything we can come up with in a fantasy is pretty much under our own mind control. so you can come up with fantasies that would never play in IRL the way you make them play out in your fantasy. like if a woman fantasized about having sex with two men she could make those men in her fantasy do whatever she wanted. IRL, i doubt things with two men would go down in a way that a woman really wanted. like, IRL, the men would bond and treat the woman badly. it def would not be all about her.

I don't feel like I show a real preference for the stereotypical victim or agressor roles as they are thought about. I'm not particularly aggressive IRL so I don't have pent up frustration to use in bed, but I'm not a pussy either. In bed thus depends on how I'm feeling at the moment, sometimes it's nice to take the lead and be very assertive, sometimes it's nice to let the girl do everything she wants with you.

I prefer to be the initiator in terms of romantic relationships (probably due to my strong extraversion too), although I do need the girl to show interest in me afterwards, otherwise I tend to doubt it (but who doesn't need his-her partner to show interest??)
    this sounds exactly like something my ex would say. yet more evidence of your SLE-ness.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Male vs. female sexual behavior patterns probably differ more than sexual behavior among people of different types. Try to find a woman who isn't interested in being dominated to some degree.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pauluch View Post
    Have you heard of Erotic Roles?
    http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Romance_styles
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Male vs. female sexual behavior patterns probably differ more than sexual behavior among people of different types. Try to find a woman who isn't interested in being dominated to some degree.
    +1
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Hehe.....good thing I'm an Aggressor Infantile..... I wonder what being an Infantile Infantile is like for a man.
    Suomea

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aggresor Infantile ? What is that supposed to mean?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suomea punches babies?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know:

* Several infantes that dream about mature women.
    * One caregiver ESFj that likes sadom.
    * One infantile ENFp and homosexual that I suspect would had turned into homosexuality if he had understood his needs for affection earlier in life. He had an ISTj father who wasn't affective at all.
    * One caregiver ISFp who loves young men.
    * Two caregiver ESTj who loves young men.

Make your own conclusions.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, sex is type related. An argument could be made for everything being type related; see nation types, etc.

As far as sex, my goal is make sure she reaches climax. Which means different behaviours, really. I try to accomodate except when it gets really weird, like with IEE and watersports, or ESxP and strangulation. Sometimes it is ok, but other times, not so much.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy View Post
    I try to accomodate except when it gets really weird, like with IEE and watersports, or ESxP and strangulation. Sometimes it is ok, but other times, not so much.
    dag, dude, you've had some pretty kinkified experiences!

ILE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strangle?! gao

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooh yeah, nothing like my dual choking me to death in bed. Such a turn-on.

Also lal@the idea of sexual fetishes being type-related. Ridiculousness has reached a new level.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it kinda just seems like your thing is your thing, socionics be damned y'know?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aye. I think sometimes people can forget where Socionics ends and the rest of reality begins.
    5w4 so/sx

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sexual behavior is no more, nor no less explained by socionics as every other human behavior. Sexual behavior is not exempt purely on the basis of the behavior being sexual.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, that made no fucking sense.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Thanks, that made no fucking sense.

For example, the behavior of 'absent mindedness' is most likely attributed to one type, or one function. The same could be said of a sexual behavior, such as 'likes being restrained'.

We all know that there is not a one to one correlation between socionic description and observation, but it becomes feasible to see different sexual proclivities from different types.

The confusion really does beg the question, 'what is socionics, anyways?'.
    Last edited by Mariano Rajoy; 01-10-2008 at 07:26 PM.
    LII

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please use "beg the question" correctly. Sorry i am *this* close to strangling someone at work and people need to let of steam

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As always I could be wrong with this, but as far as I see it, Socionics is one piece of the puzzle, not the puzzle itself.
    5w4 so/sx

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    please use "beg the question" correctly. Sorry i am *this* close to strangling someone at work and people need to let of steam

I don't see how specialized jargon from philosophy makes my usage incorrect.

Anyhow, "The confusion really does beg the analytic, 'what is socionics, anyways?'."
    LII

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
    As always I could be wrong with this, but as far as I see it, Socionics is one piece of the puzzle, not the puzzle itself.
    Does sexual behavior lie outside of socionic discourse?
    LII

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, thank you very much. Yes I totally agree, there is no one to one correlection between any one behavior and any one type. I just tend to see socionic types as people with "groups of behaviours"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post

ILE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy View Post
    Does sexual behavior lie outside of socionic discourse?
    EDIT: Having had second thoughts about my tentative response, I'm going to await further clarification on what you mean exactly before giving a response to the question.
    5w4 so/sx

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
    Also lal@the idea of sexual fetishes being type-related. Ridiculousness has reached a new level.
    ?
    LII

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If by the question mark you desire clarification on that statement, I'm basically saying that I think sexual fetishes are completely unrelated to Socionics type. Rather I think they're down to the individual. Reminds me of a TV programme I watched a few years ago about a study done on bizarre sexual fetishes. One hypothesis proposed was that some sexual fetishes are actually related to childhood trauma and sexualising the trauma was the brain's way of coping with it. Though I can't remember any examples that fit that hypothesis (this was a few years ago), I remember one fetish they talked about:

Basically it was a man who I think was in his 40s or 50s, had a family and a full-time job and I think he found life pretty stressful. One of his fantasies was that when he was having sex with a woman, her vagina would open up and swallow him whole. The psychologist who was presenting this show said that a possible explanation for this seemingly bizzare fetish is that because this man feels so burdened with the stresses of life, his fantasy was like going back into the mother's womb, free of responsibility and stress.

The above is one reason (although not the only reason) why I don't think sexual fetishes are type-related.
    5w4 so/sx

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

../
    Last edited by marooned; 05-07-2015 at 12:19 AM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ver View Post
    if you dream zoophilia, yew Beta.
    teacher-student --- Infantile (but kinda aggressive, not a moron)
    gay dreams -- Delta (doesn't mean yew actually gay)
    bisexual -- Gamma Aggressors
    you just lie there and wanna be tied up with wax and blood -- Victim or Infantile (depends on the age of the other person)
    necrophilia --- Beta NF sp/sx
    orgy -- Beta Fe sx/so (only if you know where the whole group is going and yew all moan the same)
    rape -- Aggressor (Beta if you don't actually wanna)
    feather fetish -- Caregiver Alpha SF
    cum shot -- Decisive
    castration - Negativist
    premature ejaculation --. Delta NF
    orgadsm control - IJ
    voyeurism -- Infantile
    anal -- Te lead
    chastity -- Alpha SF
    needle play - Beta Rational duality
    priapism -- yew actually LSI sx/sp

TIM
    9w8