Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    because he looked way too INFJ. INFPs always smile at you, always, but INFJs always wear a totally unemotional mask, as if in melancholic grief, but laughing occasionally and smiling. there on the photoes he was everywhere very serious and portraying a very deeply emotional and spiritual side to the person, but this side being not a situational, non-core values thing, but an own personal way of life. INFPs are too light for this. their dual heats up way too much to let the dual miss a second to not to emotionalise his sores with positivity for the next "years of battle".
    Sorry, but I don't agree with any of this.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do not believe honestly that my database is wrong.
    Trying to reorganize what you said:

EII
    -always wear a totally unemotional mask, as if in melancholic grief
    -laugh and smile occasionally
    -very serious
    -portray a deep emotional and spiritual side that is not just conditional but a way of life.

IEI
    -always smile at you, always
    -light (if portray an emotional and/or spiritual side, it's only conditional)
    -constantly emotional and putting a positive spin on their woes?

------------------------------

I don't think how often one smiles is very strongly related to type.
    I don't think how emotionally shallow or deep one is is strongly related to type.
    I don't think how spiritual one is is strongly related to type.
    I think this is too categorical...

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to be honest i don't have that much experience to say for definite.
    @ everyone: sorry, but hellothere is NOT an INFP.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    I'm still wanting to say EII.

One quality that you have consistently shown is being able to see and recognize exceptions to the rule, which you have pointed out in almost every question you've answered that I've asked.

"Yes, but when ____ is the case, then ..."
    "Partially, but there are times when ____ "
    "I don't know because on one hand ____, and on the other hand ____."

I don't think an strong type would have divergent thought like that.

In my opinion focuses on bringing things more into focus and converging to a point. You would take these kind of unknowns or exceptions and sort of recognize that they are probably weighted less, but the drive towards a point isn't really hindered. I think that is more about divergent paths and being able to see things like exceptions to the rule and considering other related points before coming to a conclusion.

That's not to say that isn't about not coming to an eventual conclusion. (I mean, after all, you are wanting to know what your type is.) It just means that coming to a conclusion requires a certain level of comfort about the information.

This whole typing process of yours kind of illustrates this. When one thing seems to look like it might fit, something over there looks like it might fit as well. Or the thing you are trying fits, but maybe doesn't feel like it completely fits you, so it looks like you look at other things to compare how other things fit.

See what I mean? In my eyes, that's what seems to be going on just through this process. And that's why I don't think you have a base, because you really do consider exceptions and other factors to a given situation before you can draw your own conclusion.
    i strongly disagree with this, at least with the particular semantic structures provided here as being Ne > Ni. Ni is definitely manifest generally towards one unified focus, but that certainly does not prevent it from being able to analyze the specifics of some idea or from determining "the exception to the rule."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hellothere:

what do you consider the most interesting/important concepts of socionics and why? why is it even important to you that you understand it/be able to use it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ hellothere: i think this is too personal of a question to answer. i don't advise a reply, hellothere. my advice is to just look into which quadra do you find is more your home, where you relax, stuff that you enjoy really, etc. beta or delta?
    I thought Se/Ni quadra types didn't relax

What do you mean by "too personal to answer"? I don't see it that way - I shall think about my answer on the way home, and then post it unless I am otherwise persuaded

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    what do you consider the most interesting/important concepts of socionics and why? why is it even important to you that you understand it/be able to use it?
    the strengths, weaknesses and values of the different types; how the functions play out in Model A

I guess I want to better understand myself in relation to others; Also to better understand others and their actions through the same framework
    Last edited by hellothere; 01-23-2008 at 12:26 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    the strengths, weaknesses and values of the different types; how the functions play out in Model A

I guess I want to better understand myself in relation to others; Also to better understand others and their actions through the same framework
    was this meant to reveal anything about my type?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12