Thread: mistaking duals for each other

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default mistaking duals for each other

So when typing others, most of the time on this site the members fluctuate between slight differences between types (i.e. ESXp, or INXp). However, i think i may have mistyped my boss who i originally thought was ESFp, I now think may be INTp. My question isn't about what her type is but if anyone has ever had this happen to them and some reasons why this odd mistyping could have occurred.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IDK how you could confuse your identical with your dual, or an extrovert with an introvert for that matter.
    INTp, ILI Logical subtype

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, hey, they're both irrational types with gamma values... if you're looking between types in the same quadra, that's probably pretty good.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Well, hey, they're both irrational types with gamma values... if you're looking between types in the same quadra, that's probably pretty good.
    No, it isn't. Starting with the quadra is a bad typing method. You seem to have ignored the more important questions regarding introversion/extraversion, logic/ethics, V.I., etc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work with a Taiwanese lady who I typed SEE not too long ago. Prior to that, based purely on random guesses that didn't really fit (that's honestly my usual way of typing someone - make a guess based on first impressions and see if it fits. If it does, chances are it's correct, if it doesn't, it most likely isn't correct), I'd guessed ILI, SEI and ESI in that order. The first couple of typings were based purely on superficial information at the time; as I've gotten to know her better I moved towards Gamma SF and now I'm pretty confident she's SEE. So yeah, how's that for jumping around? Gamma NT to Alpha SF to Gamma SF. No doubt in many people's eyes I've just destroyed what little credibility I might have for typing people but meh.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    So when typing others, most of the time on this site the members fluctuate between slight differences between types (i.e. ESXp, or INXp). However, i think i may have mistyped my boss who i originally thought was ESFp, I now think may be INTp. My question isn't about what her type is but if anyone has ever had this happen to them and some reasons why this odd mistyping could have occurred.
    I think it is easy to make big mistakes when you type too quickly in a "cowboy" style. In the past I have made many mistakes. For example a person who I am now quite convinced of being INFp-Fe was "clearly extrovert". It took me a long time to get it that he is introvert. Partly because I often saw him in parties, a bit drunk, and he was always all over the place and making out with everyone. ESFp to INTp however...doesn't happen than often