Thread: what about me?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default what about me?

apparently I appear very much IEI in that (lame) video I posted

So do I fit in with all the betas?

For some reason when I get my thoughts down in writing, I come off as a delta type.

the SLEs seem a bit scary

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so that's a no then.

*back to the drawing board*...

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could definitely see you as possibly IEI based just on that video but it could just have been skewed by the awkwardness of filming yourself. You seemed fidgety and uncomfortable in front of the camera. If you feel Delta-NF fits you better, though, I wouldn't let the reaction to the video sway you. The video doesn't really point in either direction, and basically sits in a sort of limbo between an INFj who is uncomfortable and and INFp who can't be bothered, lol.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol okay thank you kind IEIs. your thoughts are much appreciated

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May i see the video. I tried to type you, and I'm also stuck between IEI and EII.

I know many IEI's though, may I see the video?
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you feel about order and consistency? What would you like about an SLE dual? Or LSE as a dual?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    May i see the video. I tried to type you, and I'm also stuck between IEI and EII.

I know many IEI's though, may I see the video?
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...&postcount=707

I was very uncomfortable talking out loud to myself though

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    apparently I appear very much IEI in that (lame) video I posted

So do I fit in with all the betas?

For some reason when I get my thoughts down in writing, I come off as a delta type.

the SLEs seem a bit scary
    i'm not sure what you mean by coming off as a delta type. and i would think most people would come off a bit differently in writing than in person/video. the visual aspect is a major component. could it be, perhaps, that with Se dual seeking , you are poorly aware of your physical appearance? and what would a beta type appear as?
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I agree with glamourama =/ How can you be stuck between those two, in all seriousness? It doesn't seem logical ...

But FWIW, you don't seem Beta to me.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa View Post
    i'm not sure what you mean by coming off as a delta type. and i would think most people would come off a bit differently in writing than in person/video. the visual aspect is a major component. could it be, perhaps, that with Se dual seeking , you are poorly aware of your physical appearance? and what would a beta type appear as?
    what I meant was that in my original type thread, most people said I was Delta quadra, i.e. valuing Si/Ne and Te/Fi. Ezra said I valued Si/Ne but he wasn't sure about that other half. Then I answered Expat's retirement question test, and there also my answer pointed to delta, Niffweed even suggested delta ST.

But now, I think I am moving towards a better understanding of Fe vs. Fi, and I'm not so sure as I may have been previously that I am Fi dominant.

And glamourama, I know all that, that according to socionic theory I shouldn't have such a hard time deciding between these two types, which is why I'm feeling a bit frustrated.

ETA: ScarlettLux, like I said, I KNOW its not "logical" to be confused between these two types, I know it doesn't make sense, yet I am. I also realise I don't appear beta-like, given those quadra descriptions, but then some people here dismiss those descriptions as being too simplistic. But thanks for your opinon - what I really wanted was to hear from the other betas on the forum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    How do you feel about order and consistency? What would you like about an SLE dual? Or LSE as a dual?
    I'm not sure - good in small doses? and what kind of consistency?

And I can't answer the second question because my understanding of the types is deficient. I have to say though, that my first reaction to the description of EII-LSE duality was "boring", though maybe I am just a boring person who wishes he wasn't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really, all I want from *this* thread, is to see what the Betas think of me (if anything at all).

I am planning to write up one more last ditch effort in the Whats My Type forum later on.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Algae eater is a common name for many bottom-dwelling fishes that feed on algae. Algae eaters are important for the fishkeeping hobby and many are commonly stocked by the trade.

i am okay being an algae eater, but will not object to your request. in my slight defense, however, i do have an INFp sister.

i think i will go to alpha for a minute to watch hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, then make the arduous trek back to gamma.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to me you seemed more angsty and beta.

delta people usually come across as more crisp and traditional. you don't seem traditional.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa View Post
    i think i will go to alpha for a minute to watch hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, then make the arduous trek back to gamma.
    you can stay awhile if ya want lol.

ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    to me you seemed more angsty and beta.

delta people usually come across as more crisp and traditional. you don't seem traditional.
    lol oh god angsty

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    lol oh god angsty
    i didn't mean to embarrass you...i'll try to think of a better word. what about uncertain? as connected to leading Ni?

ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hellothere, I have seen you as a possible (likely) INFp since the very beginning. Imo don't worry so much about your type. Type, ime, are those qualities we lean on the most (you could say those qualities that come to us instinctively) when we are under some kind of psychological pressure in our lives.

Meet people, have a good time, go through a rough patch or two, then look back and think about how you reacted and why, and how the other significant people in your life reacted and why and you will find the type constellation in your life become much clearer.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem irrational by the way you talk, as if emotion sways your decisions.

I've always felt INFp too, heh.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont View Post
    Hellothere, I have seen you as a possible (likely) INFp since the very beginning. Imo don't worry so much about your type. Type, ime, are those qualities we lean on the most (you could say those qualities that come to us instinctively) when we are under some kind of psychological pressure in our lives.

Meet people, have a good time, go through a rough patch or two, then look back and think about how you reacted and why, and how the other significant people in your life reacted and why and you will find the type constellation in your life become much clearer.
    thanks Wittmont, this is the advice I needed. I guess I just haven't lived enough of life yet. But I wish in the meantime I could somehow contribute to those "[quadra]: blah blah?" or "[type]: gdfgsdf?" threads. But yeah, really in the grand scheme of things, I am getting a bit carried away with this type stuff, there are more important things in life to be concerned about.