Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vocation and its relationship to Role function

Jung spoke of a "calling" innately heard by leaders, and a mutual calling of their followers to them. I suspect this phenomenon can be explained by postulating a relationship between the role function and its dual, the id. Further assuming the transcendent function (the sign exchange between auxiliary ego/id elements) allows one to be consciously aware of this calling. So for an INTj, for example, our instincts for knowledge and our desire to build new relationships with others is complemented by our Fi; essentially, our entire character. So our character is the substance of our desire for relationships which, via the transcendent function, is the motive force of our logic.

And I think I've got an inkling as to the principle of opinion leadership, as well: it is the capacity to seek even compensation between the conscious and the subconscious. Leaders seek it; followers emulate it.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you elaborate on your ideas about consciousness/subconsciousness sometime? (I personally try to avoid the notions because of how they are vague and equivocal)

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Could you elaborate on your ideas about consciousness/subconsciousness sometime? (I personally try to avoid the notions because of how they are vague and equivocal)
    conscious = mental track
    subconscious = viatal track

Classical socionics fare.