Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thoughts on IM and Autism

I've been thinking that perhaps autistic people (true autistics, whose mirror neuron capacities are practically non-existant) represent the will of the entire world.... Certainly a person whose emotions are deficient has little reason to stand for anything, because they have no such emotional fire. Rather, they would desire continuity for its own sake... and be fascinated by any who did not desire it....

Too, such a person has no soul, nor even a capacity to truely understand logic or even relationships, because logic (Ti) exists in contextual scope (Fe - rules of a closed space) and relationships (Te) are based on attraction. (Fi)

They would have will, though, and intuition... a purely irrational being, wholly incomprehensible to logic or emotion.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    I've been thinking that perhaps autistic people (true autistics, whose mirror neuron capacities are practically non-existant) represent the will of the entire world.... Certainly a person whose emotions are deficient has little reason to stand for anything, because they have no such emotional fire. Rather, they would desire continuity for its own sake... and be fascinated by any who did not desire it....

Too, such a person has no soul, nor even a capacity to truely understand logic or even relationships, because logic (Ti) exists in contextual scope (Fe - rules of a closed space) and relationships (Te) are based on attraction. (Fi)

They would have will, though, and intuition... a purely irrational being, wholly incomprehensible to logic or emotion.
    You take liberties with language here, tcaudillg. True autistics (in the sense you define the word here) are lacking in sympathy, but not necessarily in empathy, and more importantly, they certainly have deficient capacity for expressing emotions, but they may not have deficient feelings, and if we would like to say that they have deficient emotions, we should try to be clear about the differences between emotions and feelings.

It doesn't make much sense to say that an autistic person has no soul, because, strictly speaking, probably no human has a soul. If you by a "soul" mean a mind or a consciousness, then autistics certainly have that in the same sense that normal people do. Autistics don't understand relationships, you are right about that, but why wouldn't an autistic understand Ti, if he or she is an INTj, for example? And whatever the truth of that claim of yours, autistic people almost always understand conceptual (deductive, formal) logic much better than the average person. I hope you realize the importance of not confusing conceptual logic in itself with Ti. In contrast to Ti and Te, conceptual logic doesn't have a direction.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many autistic people (not all, I have met a jubilant little guy who was autistic, not just Asperger's) have a major problem with Fe. However, I think all autistic people have a problem with Fi, giving the sense that something is missing. To compensate for this, they normally have heightened abilities in Te/Ti and Ne/Ni. They are not normal people, explained by the fact that they have functions pretty much missing. Not just unused or PoLR, but actually missing.