TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default blue eyes vs. brown eyes

SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My eyes, obviously. They beat all. God Joy, get your head screwed on. Start kneeling to the king. Me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if I chose to use blue contacts it'd be a pretty funny sight seeing as how all of my features are dark.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You forgot green eyes.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Definitely worthwhile. I think a lot of people do not see their own biases and bigotry, not only as far as race goes, but also religion, beliefs, language, area of the country or of the world that a person is from, etc.

What I found really interesting (but predictable) was the test scores, the influence of others' perceptions on a person's self-perception and demonstrated ability.

It's also very easy to cultivate these attitudes and use them to one's advantage for religious or political means, whether you call another group of people infidels, gentiles, unconverted, or islamofascists.
    Not to mention quadras.

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    You forgot green eyes.
    Not to mention hazel. (Would my eyes be hazel or brown?)
    SEE

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Not to mention hazel. (Would my eyes be hazel or brown?)
    Hazel, I'd say, because they're not completely brown.

My own should probably be called hazel, too, for simplicity's sake.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I insane or would Hazel be a cute name for a little girl?
    SEE

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to think of a little old (feisty?) lady when I hear that name. I hadn't really thought about it on a little girl... hm...

Oh, and can't answer this as it pertains to your sanity. I think there might be more factors involved in determining that.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rage virus?
    SEE

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol sucks to be us then
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joy, you remember that picture of you you had up not too long ago? Well that looked nothing like the picture you had up before that. Can you post a picture of yourself so I can get an idea of what you look like?

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. That video was absolutely riveting. Just... incredible and fascinating.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I saw it as a kid and it really made an impression. I couldn't believe that the kids were lashing out at each other instead of the teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Joy, you remember that picture of you you had up not too long ago? Well that looked nothing like the picture you had up before that. Can you post a picture of yourself so I can get an idea of what you look like?

Or
    you could just download yahoo IM
    SEE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like brown/gray eyes.

Too much hype over blue/green eyes.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine seem to change color depending on my mood. Not too much, but noticeably. They get a lot more greenish when I'm upset. And when I dye my hair darker, they tend to look darker.
    SEE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hazel is a darling name for a little girl! If my last name didn't start with an "H" I might have used it. All "H" first names were out.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

That was a very well done video.
    I think something like this could be very good for children in all schools, if done correctly.
    So, I grew up as an Army brat and lived in different states and countries with people of all races and had really good friends that were black, hispanic, asian, and everything else... Probably a majority of black friends the last year I lived on base in Germany.
    Then I moved to a small town in East Tennessee where there is no minority, everyone is white... Much like the place where this documentary took place.
    I almost feel, in a sense, as if I viewed this video when I was really young and all the other kids in my school had not, or at least learned the lesson from it. I started elementary school in TN halfway through 6th grade, so I was around 12ish back in 1992. Racism was something that was very easy to notice in all aspects of life in my little hometown... All black people were pretty much called (insert slang term everyone knows here). I actually remember the first time I heard my history teacher say the N word and I'm sure there was this look of shock and awe on my face that anyone looking would have noticed. But, since this is something that is an every day occurrence there I was the only person that had any sort of issue with the teacher saying it.
    Even now when I go back it's like going through a bit of a time warp because it's still very close to the same way. These days there seems to be people talking more shit about being gay than black... but still that same bigotry nonetheless. I think it's come a good ways, even since back when I was in school there but it's still something that could be "fixed."
    Quite sad really... I wonder if it would be worth it if I sent this to my cousin who is now an elementary school teacher there, whether she could get the ball rolling on a program such as this? The big problem I could see with this though, is that kids learn just as much from their parents as they do in school. So the bigotry that many children still learn there is a product of parents never knowing any better.
    Good video though.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Quite sad really... I wonder if it would be worth it if I sent this to my cousin who is now an elementary school teacher there, whether she could get the ball rolling on a program such as this? The big problem I could see with this though, is that kids learn just as much from their parents as they do in school. So the bigotry that many children still learn there is a product of parents never knowing any better.
    The problem would probably be that the community would get mad at her... that's essentially who she'd be working for, after all.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason this video came to mind is because I was reminded of my opinion that the people of this forum would probably be a hell of a lot nicer to each other if we'd never heard of Socionics. That teacher had created a division among the children simply by making a big deal out of their differences, and the kids played with children of their own eye color instead of the kids they usually play with, they started arguments, etc. as a result.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason this video came to mind is because I was reminded of my opinion that the people of this forum would probably be a hell of a lot nicer to each other if we'd never heard of Socionics. That teacher had created a division among the children simply by making a big deal out of their differences, and the kids played with children of their own eye color instead of the kids they usually play with, they started arguments, etc. as a result.

yeah I think the video is very pertinent to some of the interactions that occur in this forum

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't really agree with that. i think that in some respects argumentativeness is inherent to the differing subject views of socionics.

and it also makes a rather big difference that this is in cyberspace rather than IRL.