TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default do you have morton's foot?

http://www.triggerpointbook.com/mortons.htm

Apparently this is a pretty common thing, can cause problems for people, and is very easily treated.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I do not.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you do the self test thing?
    SEE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Did you do the self test thing?
    Yup. Did you?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. I've got it. The person I was talking to when I made this discovery happens to as well. Made me wonder how common it is.
    SEE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you experience any of the effects related to it?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah.

Actually, I'm not sure what's related and what's not because there are a number of contributing factors to most of what could be related. However, I must walk strangely because when I leave foot prints in the snow it looks like I'm stepping down with heals first or something, and if my massage therapist touches certain spots on my feet I'll practically jump off the table (and she tells me I usually have a very high tolerance for pain).
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't you just love simple solutions?

(I'm still beyond thrilled that I won't be able to eat gluten anymore pretty soon. Sometimes I think "shit, I probably won't be able to eat that ever again", but overall it's a small price to pay.)
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Salawa View Post
    Mm, I should try that myself soon.
    Let me know when you do. I can give you some good resources for checking ingredient lists and whatnot.
    SEE

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't appear to have this condition, but the description is kind of vague at certain places. more pictures showing what they mean would have been very helpful in following it.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't seem to have this. Actually, I didn't really understand the directions of the self-evaluation, lol. But generally, my feet are in pretty good shape anyway.

BTW, a good curative for flat feet or fallen arches is balancing on one foot. There's a few yoga poses like this that they recommend.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To check for it you push on the ball of your feet (the part between your toes and arch on the bottom of you feet) and push down your first two toes and see whether the first or second metatarsal bone is longer by looking for the joint. I couldn't see my second one because my second toes apparently don't like to bend, but I could feel where they're at.

These are the the metatarsal bones.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

holy crap that's a big image
    SEE

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

holy crap that's a big image
    Yes, yes it is.

I tried it again, and I don't seem to have it. I DO seem to have a strange scratch on the sole of my left foot that I never noticed before, though, lol.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that was the picture i needed.

i don't have this condition.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree with niffweed that the pictures + the description was pretty bad. i figured out that i probably do have this condition due to that final picture, hah.

my ankles generally sprain like crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks a bit like what Salawa got me to do earlier, so I think I might.

Creepy-pokeball

Don't you just love simple solutions?

(I'm still beyond thrilled that I won't be able to eat gluten anymore pretty soon. Sometimes I think "shit, I probably won't be able to eat that ever again", but overall it's a small price to pay.)
    This is really offensive to anyone with celiacs. It is in no way, shape or form "easy".

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, my skeleton isn't messed up.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-pokeball

I don't think she meant it that way... knowing Joy I think it was more along the lines of "I thought I had all these problems but but turns I only have to treat one!"
    Well, she will soon learn how "thrilling" it is to be GF. It isn't whatsoever.

Creepy-pokeball

Would you rather be suffering from the coeliac?
    China. Price. Rice?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    This is really offensive to anyone with celiacs.
    I do have Celiac Disease. (Do you, if I may ask? Sounds like you have experience with this.)

It is in no way, shape or form "easy".

Well, she will soon learn how "thrilling" it is to be GF. It isn't whatsoever.
    I'm not saying that not being able to eat gluten is "easy" or "thrilling". I'm saying it's thrilling to finally have an answer. It's also thrilling that all of the shit I've been treated for and every medical problem I've ever had has one simple (as in not complicated) solution that doesn't require drugs, surgery, or any other medical treatment. And avoiding gluten isn't "easy" (I've done it for a short period of time and have read a lot about it and I know that it takes a lot of vigilance, can be quite awkward and frustrating when eating at a restaurant or friend's/relative's house, and isn't exactly fun or inexpensive), but it's a fuck of a lot easier than the alternative (which is what my family and I have been dealing with for our entire lives).
    Last edited by Joy; 12-31-2007 at 03:31 PM.
    SEE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems that I have it, but it must be mild, because I don't remember having many foot problems (of course, maybe I did, I don't know.)
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could notice it in other parts of your body. People with morton's foot are predisposed to myofascial pain problems (trigger points) all over their bodies.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seem to have this thing, though I don't have any problems. And my second toe is longer than my first toe. My husband says that makes me a mutated freak. And yet he is willing to reproduce with me. But there have been comments about my second toe being the longest.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    It appears I do have Morton's foot in that my second metatarsal does seem to be higher up than the first. Still, I simply don't have any pain that I could think could possibly be related to it. My mom's feet are similar I think, I'll just watch what happens to her in her old age. Ha.

On a different note this article has provided me with a concrete example for a question that I've had for a while, which I was hoping others could venture their oh so humble opinions on.

In the article it says this:
    What sort of logic is that? My mind thought at once it was , but this is based upon something vague in my head that (still!) doesn't have a clear enough form yet.

This wonderful concrete example involves correcting a misconception (a particular kind of logical error), as we have all noticed. The misconception is based in part upon faulty facts. It is a fact that sometimes people with Morton's foot have a longer second toe (than the first toe)... but it would be an error to then jump to the conclusion that this means that is the chief condition characterizing Morton's foot. The misconception is disproved with a better presentation of facts--identifying that the condition that needs to be considered here is actually the length of the second metatarsal in relation to the first.

I do see some rules in here: Just because some people with Morton's foot have a longer second toe (than the first toe) doesn't mean that all people with Morton's foot do, or that all people with a longer second toe have Morton's foot. (That's and it is also unhelpful in this case without any facts... because you can't then really determine anything based on toe length.)

But making a logical distinction of the sort in this example based on *facts* seems to be more centric.

Confirmation? Denial? Mushrooms?
    lol what? I don't understand the question. He's just stating that the length of one's second toe does not indicate the presence or absence of Morton's foot. The lengths of the first and second metatarsals must be evaluated.

(Having looked at different sites on the internet that discuss this, I've found that the misconception he mentioned is a common one. Some people also mistakenly believe that Morton's Neuroma is the same thing as Morton's Foot.)
    SEE

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    It appears I do have Morton's foot in that my second metatarsal does seem to be higher up than the first. Still, I simply don't have any pain that I could think could possibly be related to it. My mom's feet are similar I think, I'll just watch what happens to her in her old age. Ha.

On a different note this article has provided me with a concrete example for a question that I've had for a while, which I was hoping others could venture their oh so humble opinions on.

In the article it says this:
    What sort of logic is that? My mind thought at once it was , but this is based upon something vague in my head that (still!) doesn't have a clear enough form yet.

This wonderful concrete example involves correcting a misconception (a particular kind of logical error), as we have all noticed. The misconception is based in part upon faulty facts. It is a fact that sometimes people with Morton's foot have a longer second toe (than the first toe)... but it would be an error to then jump to the conclusion that this means that is the chief condition characterizing Morton's foot. The misconception is disproved with a better presentation of facts--identifying that the condition that needs to be considered here is actually the length of the second metatarsal in relation to the first.

I do see some rules in here: Just because some people with Morton's foot have a longer second toe (than the first toe) doesn't mean that all people with Morton's foot do, or that all people with a longer second toe have Morton's foot. (That's and it is also unhelpful in this case without any facts... because you can't then really determine anything based on toe length.)

But making a logical distinction of the sort in this example based on *facts* seems to be more centric.

Confirmation? Denial? Mushrooms?
    its a preference of Te and a rejection of Ti as determining something. at least thats the way i interpret it.

this all holds only a very loose correlation to the information elements; in essence, your question is not a very lucid or important one.

Creepy-pokeball

Yes, I have celiacs, aka the roulette disease. my wheel stopped on: hypothyroidism, anemia, fatigue, chronic sinusitis, raynaud's syndrome and joints that burn like a mother fucker. no gluten= only have to take Armor Thyroid.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I have celiacs, aka the roulette disease. my wheel stopped on: hypothyroidism, anemia, fatigue, chronic sinusitis, raynaud's syndrome and joints that burn like a mother fucker. no gluten= only have to take Armor Thyroid.
    Glad to hear you figured out the problem. I've had surgery for chronic sinusitis and fatigue is the reason I hunted down an answer to this mess, but I don't have hypothyroidism. The raynaud's went away after you stopped eating gluten? I wasn't sure if mine would or not, but I hope it does. It's irritating. I'm also looking to avoid the other autoimmune diseases that I've shown early symptoms of but haven't looked into (no need, I'll be gluten free soon enough). My mom has rheumatoid arthritis, and I'm guessing it's because she has celiac disease. She was on this crazy dairy free gluten free sugar free diet, but she wasn't reading ingredient labels or watching for cross contamination, and she'd cheat every couple of months. I've given her information about it and she got excited as well. I guess she's committed to doing her diet the right way now. She hasn't been tested for casein intolerance, but if she's not casein intolerant she may be able to eat dairy again after her small intestine heals a bit. I believe she plans on getting tested for casein intolerance (I haven't really looked into that one yet... I will though).

So yeah, I have problems with all but a symtpoms of the things listed here. I've seen much longer symptoms lists that contain more of my symptoms. But as far as the related disorders (like thyroid problems and diabetes and epilepsy and whatnot), I've been pretty fortunate. I have, however, but looking for and not getting answers from doctors for far too long. Most just suggested I talk to my psychiatrist and sent me on my way. I think my current PCP thinks I'm a hypochondriac, something which a few family members have suggested. It's not fun to have people tell you there's nothing wrong with you and it's all in your head when there is something wrong and you have no idea what it is, especially with a Si PoLR.
    SEE

Creepy-pokeball

It took me 7 doctors to get them to realize something was wrong. The 2nd doctor gave me Lexapro LOL. What a retard. Hypothyroidism isnt bothersome at all. 10 bucks a month for pills and it is fine. It's the joints/fatigue that fuck you in the ass if you screw up. Try working a 12 hour shift when you cross-contaminated. It sucks, and you get stuff like, "Hey Mike, smile!". And Im thinking, "Die pls. Im happy most every day. Leave me alone today =p"

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It took me 7 doctors to get them to realize something was wrong. The 2nd doctor gave me Lexapro LOL. What a retard. Hypothyroidism isnt bothersome at all. 10 bucks a month for pills and it is fine. It's the joints/fatigue that fuck you in the ass if you screw up. Try working a 12 hour shift when you cross-contaminated. It sucks, and you get stuff like, "Hey Mike, smile!". And Im thinking, "Die pls. Im happy most every day. Leave me alone today =p"
    I can only imagine. From what I understand, if you're gluten free for an extended period of time and then accidentally consume even the smallest amount of gluten, you can end up feeling worse than you did to begin with for a few days/weeks.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a retard.
    That's actually what my psychiatrist's expression says when I tell her that I told my doctor about such and such a problem and he told me to talk to her about it.
    SEE

Creepy-pokeball

That's actually what my psychiatrist's expression says when I tell her that I told my doctor about such and such a problem and he told me to talk to her about it.
    Yeah, Im sure it is more common than the medical industry would like to admit. A quick 2 weeks @ an immunologist or gastro woulda saved me (and others in the same boat) a ton of time and money.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rates are 1 in 133 in the US according to a study of over 13,000 people in 2003, and they used pretty strict diagnostic criteria. A lot of Celiacs wouldn't have made the cut. (The rate was found to be 1 in 22 for those with a first degree relative with Celiac Disease, btw.)
    SEE

Creepy-pokeball

The rates are 1 in 133 in the US according to a study of over 13,000 people in 2003, and they used pretty strict diagnostic criteria. A lot of Celiacs wouldn't have made the cut. (The rate was found to be 1 in 22 for those with a first degree relative with Celiac Disease, btw.)
    Im scandinavian, so Im sure you can see how I got it lol. It must be the Achilles heel of Germania =P

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm mostly German, Irish, and English.
    SEE

Creepy-pokeball

Yeah, I'm mostly German, Irish, and English.
    Hey, I gotta get going to a NY eve party. I dyed my hair chestnut color, and put together a costume =p Ive named it, "santa's little bitch". time for GF vodka, LOL

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

I've tried New Grist. It was shitty.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took a picture of travis's. (Mine doesn't show up.)

SEE