Thread: Wtf-sfp?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wtf-sfp?

I'm either:

a) An ESFP who doesn't like parties and large groups, who spends more time alone than most ESFPs, and who likes being 'onstage' but would hate being 'a leading lady', to follow the performer analogy.

or, b) An ISFP who is very outgoing and spends MUCH more time in the company of others than most ISFPs; and while I thrive more off of being with people I truly like (the few and far between) than being alone, I get drained around those I don't like.

A little help, please?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell us a little about yourself. I for one am a ISFp-Fe, and I see where you might be confused.

Do you seem to enjoy talking, talking, talking? Does it seem that you can "read" people's faces for emotions?
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MBTI != socionics.

read socionics.us.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    MBTI != socionics.

read socionics.us.

Right, I was thinking she should read the ESFp and ISFp pages of wikisocion so she could check the ego descriptions.

ESFp

ISFp
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright... I'm either an ISFp or an ESFp, sorry about the capitals. I know they're not the same, and it's a very bad habit I have capitalizing them anyway.

Looked up subtypes for a few hours after your responses and I couldn't find any clean-cut descriptions of the two or an analysis of specific differences, which I was kind of hoping for seeing how confused I was in the first place.

I've always typed as E before, and so I'm thinking that I'm a sensory ESFp. I'll keep analyzing as I go and try to (dis)confirm this. Thanks for the help!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatik View Post
    Looked up subtypes for a few hours after your responses and I couldn't find any clean-cut descriptions of the two or an analysis of specific differences, which I was kind of hoping for seeing how confused I was in the first place.

subtypes are not important to socionics theory. forget about them. seriously; they serve very little purpose other than to allow Ti idiots a way to demonstrate that they have no idea what they're talking about.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, it seems like you're viewing introversion/extroversion as a dichotomy independent of functions, like in MBTI. However, a lot of ISFps test as "extroverted" since they have extraverted feeling in their ego block, so you shouldn't base your type off of this.

ISFp and ESFp have completely different quadra values and valued functions. Check out the quadra descriptions here and see which one you relate to more:

Alpha Quadra
    Gamma Quadra

Might also help a lot to look up which functions you prefer if you haven't already...
    delta nf (?) ... 4w5 (?)