Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taking another crack at implied's type

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Taking another crack at implied's type

Still not absolutely sure of her type, I am debating between ISTJ and ENFJ. I was pretty sure of ISTJ and still am leaning in that direction, but today I had a little debate with an ENFJ and I could sort of see Implied's style in her behaviour. Pics as always are welcome.
    fiona

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really see her as being an irrational type. I get the impression that she's more adaptive and laid back than rational types generally are. I guess I'm saying she's not uptight enough to be a rational type?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She didn't strike me as logical when I first heard from her, in June, and she still doesn't. But I think she's the kind of ethical type who doesn't care that much. I think she values Ti/Fe > Te/Fi, because of the vibe I get from her. It's like she came to conclusions about my type via what I'd said on EIDB. She once said "omg i just got that 'this guy is full of shit' vibe too". This is blatently a non-factual statement, with no hard evidence whatsoever. She was most likely influenced by board opinion at the time. I'd say Alpha SF was not unlikely.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think she is an Fi/Te irrational. She strikes me as Ixxp but she could be a "quieter" extravert.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    She didn't strike me as logical when I first heard from her, in June, and she still doesn't. But I think she's the kind of ethical type who doesn't care that much. I think she values Ti/Fe > Te/Fi, because of the vibe I get from her. It's like she came to conclusions about my type via what I'd said on EIDB. She once said "omg i just got that 'this guy is full of shit' vibe too". This is blatently a non-factual statement, with no hard evidence whatsoever. She was most likely influenced by board opinion at the time. I'd say Alpha SF was not unlikely.
    could you explain this? unless that's all. (vibe)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somehow I don't think she's an ENFj....

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    could you explain this? unless that's all. (vibe)
    Specifically what do you want explaining?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFj seems to pop up a lot, despite the fact that i really don't see myself as EJ at all. IJ/IP makes a lot more sense imo. i'll make a video or something. i'm not exactly "100% sure!" on many things i post on this board, but i'm pretty confident that i'm neither the identical nor the mirror to dee.
    Last edited by implied; 12-30-2007 at 04:01 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    ENFj seems to pop up a lot, despite the fact that i really don't see myself as EJ at all. IJ/IP makes a lot more sense imo. i'll make a video or something. i'm not exactly "100% sure!" on many things i post on this board, but i'm pretty confident that i'm neither the identical nor the mirror to dee.
    You seem pretty confident about this. Why do you think that you are not the identical or the mirror to dee? I do not think you are either but I just wondered about your reason for thinking you are not.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megan View Post
    You seem pretty confident about this. Why do you think that you are not the identical or the mirror to dee? I do not think you are either but I just wondered about your reason for thinking you are not.
    he seems far more energetic than i am, basically, ever. i also don't see myself as churning out test after test after test like he does, regardless of how likely they are to be helpful. i mean, i think my own interest in socionics has sort of waned to the point that i'm hardly interested in throwing around this sort of thing. but even if it were a different subject matter, i couldn't see myself approaching it like he does. i also think he tends to do this thing where he'll take the subject matter and sort of throw his own interpretation on it, like many people who would be widely known as ISTp in socionics would be INFp by his interpretation. i try pretty hard not to do this, and i try to give at least what i think are semi-good reasons, at least if i'm asked for them.

if he were a student of mine, though, i'd probably be trying desperately to get him to slow down and take a slightly more step-by-step approach. i've heard gilly say, "hey, you really need to go back to square one and try to understand the functions first!" i think that isn't bad advice.

oh, the other thing is that i'm really not sure how some of these guys do it, but the 40-page long threads and such where the other person just goes, "no, i disagree with you because bla bla and i won't change my mind and there's no way you can get me to change my mind!" i honestly tend to find this whole process mind boggling. i just refuse to argue with brick walls. i just wonder why anyone bothers?
    Last edited by implied; 12-30-2007 at 05:09 AM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She didn't strike me as logical when I first heard from her, in June, and she still doesn't.
    "Heard" from her? You make it sound like she called you.
    Is this some regular part of your speech?

I seem to be sensitive to "implied relations" lately, no pun intended on that username.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Is this some regular part of your speech?

I seem to be sensitive to "implied relations" lately, no pun intended on that username.
    ho ho! but what you don't know is that ezra and i are like this *crosses fingers*. fwiw, i think i've only interacted with ezra briefly a few times on this board. this is the first time he's ever put forth a suggestion on my type.

i did post a few times on EIDB and i recall that i did think in passing that you could be of a Ti/Fe quadra due to some things you had stated regarding how "everyone acts" in their teens. i don't see how me making this observation points towards alpha SF, though.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to think she's IP. It seems to me that "relaxed, go with the flow" makes sense for her. (Do you think so implied?)
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he seems far more energetic than i am, basically, ever. i also don't see myself as churning out test after test after test like he does, regardless of how likely they are to be helpful. i mean, i think my own interest in socionics has sort of waned to the point that i'm hardly interested in throwing around this sort of thing. but even if it were a different subject matter, i couldn't see myself approaching it like he does. i also think he tends to do this thing where he'll take the subject matter and sort of throw his own interpretation on it, like many people who would be widely known as ISTp in socionics would be INFp by his interpretation. i try pretty hard not to do this, and i try to give at least what i think are semi-good reasons, at least if i'm asked for them.

if he were a student of mine, though, i'd probably be trying desperately to get him to slow down and take a slightly more step-by-step approach. i've heard gilly say, "hey, you really need to go back to square one and try to understand the functions first!" i think that isn't bad advice.

oh, the other thing is that i'm really not sure how some of these guys do it, but the 40-page long threads and such where the other person just goes, "no, i disagree with you because bla bla and i won't change my mind and there's no way you can get me to change my mind!" i honestly tend to find this whole process mind boggling. i just refuse to argue with brick walls. i just wonder why anyone bothers?
    implied is DEFINITELY not the same type as dee, or even his mirror. She doesn't actively give a shit about socionics in the same way that dee does. As she says, she doesn't fire out all these tests and theories like dee does; neither at the rate he does, or at all. She's far more likely to just get involved in discussion if she feels like it.

I'd be prepared to say that she is an SEI and that dee isn't. dee I actually still think is a type who is strong in Ne. I think he values Ti, even if he's no good at it. I don't think implied cares about Ti at all, nor do I think she's strong in it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I tend to think she's IP. It seems to me that "relaxed, go with the flow" makes sense for her. (Do you think so implied?)
    I agree.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think implied is an ILI or an IEI, probably more the former

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Hahahaha. Couldn't find the right word I was looking for at the time. I should've said 'when she first made her appearance in my first typing thread'.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    I don't think so. She doesn't strike me as a logical type. I'd say Alpha SF was more likely than any NT type.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think so. She doesn't strike me as a logical type. I'd say Alpha SF was more likely than any NT type.
    Really? Perhaps ... but I just sense Beta/Gamma-ness around her, as I do put quite a bit of stock into the spirit of quadras and such.

The way she types seems to be very much against Ne to me oddly enough, and much more into Ni leading ... she reminds me of a mix of reyn_til_runa (less words!) and Starfall in the way they type. It's very fluid, yet always has a clear point that she follows, not bouncing around.

Also, any Alpha SF before any NT? Really? ESE? LOL I can see her being pissed the fuck off at an ESE

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI isn't a crazy suggestion... it definitely makes more sense than Alpha SF.
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? Perhaps ... but I just sense Beta/Gamma-ness around her, as I do put quite a bit of stock into the spirit of quadras and such.

The way she types seems to be very much against Ne to me oddly enough, and much more into Ni leading ... she reminds me of a mix of reyn_til_runa (less words!) and Starfall in the way they type. It's very fluid, yet always has a clear point that she follows, not bouncing around.

Also, any Alpha SF before any NT? Really? ESE? LOL I can see her being pissed the fuck off at an ESE
    I just said Alpha SF more than NT. As in; I think she's more likely to be an SF than any NT.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni-IEI is my best guess, I think. She seems Aristocratic to me; couldn't tell you why.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

implied is DEFINITELY not the same type as dee, or even his mirror. She doesn't actively give a shit about socionics in the same way that dee does. As she says, she doesn't fire out all these tests and theories like dee does; neither at the rate he does, or at all. She's far more likely to just get involved in discussion if she feels like it.

I'd be prepared to say that she is an SEI and that dee isn't. dee I actually still think is a type who is strong in Ne. I think he values Ti, even if he's no good at it. I don't think implied cares about Ti at all, nor do I think she's strong in it.
    i think SEIs can be very interested in this sort of thing. i don't see intellectualism or an interest in theory as the hallmark of being NT at all or even N. i'm not sure what you're getting at here.

(and yes, i agree with you, joy, that INFp would seem more reasonable than ISFp or ESFj. scarlettlux is also plenty correct about me having had some bad times with some alpha SFs.) the only stereotypically SEI thing i think i really identify with is the ability to be quite calm.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably ESI, if not ILI, but much less likely than the former.

Btw, UDP are you hitting on her? Just curious.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Are you asking UDP this in order to make him think twice about hitting on her? Just interested. I have a black belt in karate. Though this is of no relevance.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    Are you asking UDP this in order to make him think twice about hitting on her? Just interested. I have a black belt in karate. Though this is of no relevance.
    I have a black karate in belt, and I'm asking this in order to about hitting on twice her UDP think him make. Relevance?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably ESI, if not ILI, but much less likely than the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    I have a black karate in belt, and I'm asking this in order to about hitting on twice her UDP think him make. Relevance?
    Did you leave out a word in that sentence, FDG? I don't understand.

Are you saying I ought to be thinking about hitting on Maria?
    Last edited by UDP; 12-30-2007 at 11:20 PM.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... she does not strike me as an ESI.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't read all posts now, but I think ENFj is not entirely impossible. You're one of the people on the forum I most often identify with. Our chatroom conversations often have the sense of, "I was thinking the same thing!".
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Salawa View Post
    I really don't think this is type related. I don't think they're identicals either, but I don't think this is any argument for it. Implied just doesn't care as much about socionics.
    honestly i believe i've sort of lost interest in being any sort of serious contributor. i'm really knee-deep in my other interests right now. /:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

apologies in advance for the shoddy audio.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    i can definitely see logic and introversion. s/n and j/p are not as clear. IJ/IP are not clear too. i would give her "older age", so perhaps serious with INTP or ISTP. the recent tests showed intp>istp, which i would personally contradict.
    You're fucking wrong she's ENFj.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    i can definitely see logic and introversion. s/n and j/p are not as clear. IJ/IP are not clear too. i would give her "older age", so perhaps serious with INTP or ISTP. the recent tests showed intp>istp, which i would personally contradict.
    so ENFj or ESFj?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmm

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh wow... you don't move your eyebrows at all! This makes you look IxTp. I would be very surprised if you're my conflictor. So yeah, you do look INTp.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    Oh wow... you don't move your eyebrows at all! This makes you look IxTp. I would be very surprised if you're my conflictor. So yeah, you do look INTp.
    hahhaaaaa... Scrap that! I was telling Erkki and Anneli (INTp and INFp who I live with) that I'm a bit sad Implied's not the same type as me. And then I played the video again to show them how you look INTp. And Erkki and Anneli both look at me like I'm totally nuts and they tell me you're so similar to me. Like... umm... they're really surprised I didn't spot the similarity.

Erkki thinks you looks like me, Anneli said you have the same habit of saying "ummmmm" and fixing your hair like that. And the same keep-talking-need "I'm gonna say this and that so yeah, I am saying this and that and..." (to fill the silence).
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    hahhaaaaa... Scrap that! I was telling Erkki and Anneli (INTp and INFp who I live with) that I'm a bit sad Implied's not the same type as me. And then I played the video again to show them how you look INTp. And Erkki and Anneli both look at me like I'm totally nuts and they tell me you're so similar to me. Like... umm... they're really surprised I didn't spot the similarity.

Erkki thinks you looks like me, Anneli said you have the same habit of saying "ummmmm" and fixing your hair like that. And the same keep-talking-need "I'm gonna say this and that so yeah, I am saying this and that and..." (to fill the silence).

i get extremely depressed even thinking about an ISTj dual.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...because i know i'd be unhappy with one?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Salawa View Post
    ... but why? The reasons you find ISTjs unappealing could be significant.
    not social enough? i have problems with that as it is. probably too aggressive? too close minded?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you would do very well with an ISTj at all : /

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast