Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: IEE-LIE Benefit Relations (ENTj & ENFp)

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,276
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default IEE-LIE Benefit Relations (ENTj & ENFp)

    This is a bad combination, yes? I don't quite understand the description of relations of benefit, or at least I can't think of any concrete examples I've experienced. If someone has any, please share.

  2. #2
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    This is a bad combination, yes? I don't quite understand the description of relations of benefit, or at least I can't think of any concrete examples I've experienced. If someone has any, please share.
    depends on the situation. at my work i know an IEE and an LIE and they are quite close and support each other rather well for a work setting. they also are friends outside of work and have been for years. if you think about it, it's a natural for work. there's some basic attraction between benefit partners but it doesn't go too deep, perfect for work. you don't typically misunderstand either your benefactor or beneficiary, you accept them pretty easily.

    also, i remember reading somewhere that relations of benefit were the second most common for marriage, right behind duality. all other marriages were more or less evenly distributed amongst the different kinds of relations. this fits. i had a boyfriend who was my beneficiary and we got along great....never broke up around relational issues....the reason for the break up was more contextual.

    i experience benefactors as slightly annoying but not excessively so. like i wouldn't act on my annoyance, it would be a small enough amount to be able to keep to myself. LSE's seem to me to be kind of rigid and by the book. but on the other hand they are in charge of small details in a way that makes me say thank god somebody does this. with beneficiaries, EIE's are really captivating. they are fun to talk to and be around. it's like their Fe gets me going or something. but they're kind of flaky, too, and a little bit self centered. like they need to be the center of attention all the time and demand some degree of worship. the amount of Fe they give off is more than what i need, so they too are annoying, but not excessively so. again, i would never feel the need to say or do anything about it.

    other relations that are good for work are supervisee, lookalike, mirror, quasi.

  3. #3
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This didn't work well for me. Well, it was great at first. But at some point it felt like he kept telling me what to do and I felt like he was critical of everything. I really didn't want his advice. Also, he liked to argue with me a lot. I'm not too into that. Or maybe we just argued because we weren't well matched? He did seem to like the arguing though. I honestly have no idea what he would say about me. Probably that I was moody and high maintenance- he used to call me high maintenance. I suppose if your partner is looking for Si and that is your PoLR, it would feel like that. But we were together for a long time, like a year and a half or there-abouts. I'm trying to think why we broke up. I don't remember what specifically caused it, but I do remember that I broke up with him but that he seemed very relieved when I did, so it was pretty mutual.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  4. #4
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post

    also, i remember reading somewhere that relations of benefit were the second most common for marriage, right behind duality.
    Do you have a link or anything? I would be really interested in seeing this


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  5. #5
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Do you have a link or anything? I would be really interested in seeing this

    i can't remember where i saw this since it was awhile ago. it wasn't here though. maybe it was one of those russian sites with breakdowns/distributions? idk.

  6. #6
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've only had good experiences with ENFps. The only problem I had is that they're kind of incostant with their attention, but I again I never had a romantic relationship with one of them either, only platonic.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  7. #7
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    some interesting points of benefit:

    The benefactor(+) sees the benefeciairy(-) as a totally uninteresting person.

    The benefeciairy tries to pull the benefactor into his life. The benefactor absolutely dislike the sort of life the benefeciairy lives.

    The benefeciairy sees the benefactor as a sort of useable idol.

    Both persons are capable of quitting the relationship instantly. The benefeciairy because he doesn't need the benefactor anymore, the benefactor because he doesn't have interest in the benefeciairy anymore.

  8. #8
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    some interesting points of benefit:

    The benefactor(+) sees the benefeciairy(-) as a totally uninteresting person.

    The benefeciairy tries to pull the benefactor into his life. The benefactor absolutely dislike the sort of life the benefeciairy lives.

    The benefeciairy sees the benefactor as a sort of useable idol.

    Both persons are capable of quitting the relationship instantly. The benefeciairy because he doesn't need the benefactor anymore, the benefactor because he doesn't have interest in the benefeciairy anymore.
    That's far from what happened to me.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  9. #9
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    they have short attention spans FDG?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    907
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    some interesting points of benefit:

    The benefactor(+) sees the benefeciairy(-) as a totally uninteresting person.

    The benefeciairy tries to pull the benefactor into his life. The benefactor absolutely dislike the sort of life the benefeciairy lives.

    The benefeciairy sees the benefactor as a sort of useable idol.

    Both persons are capable of quitting the relationship instantly. The benefeciairy because he doesn't need the benefactor anymore, the benefactor because he doesn't have interest in the benefeciairy anymore.
    Hmm, that's not true at all ime. Who came up with those 'points'?
    INFp

    If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)



  11. #11
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    they have short attention spans FDG?
    Well it's more like, when they're focussed on you, they're really focussed! But sometimes somthing that catches their attention more comes along and they get focussed on that - they eventually come back in a short while though. I mean, this ENFp I had a platonic relationship with does this to an extent but she's generally emotionally healthy and she's had an ISTp boyfriend for 3 years now, so I think ISTps would totally be okay.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  12. #12
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont View Post
    Hmm, that's not true at all ime. Who came up with those 'points'?
    I've got those points from 2 different socionics relationship descriptions. And ime they were obvious when I was in a romantic relationship. But ofcourse we can have different viewpoints.

  13. #13
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    some interesting points of benefit:

    The benefactor(+) sees the benefeciairy(-) as a totally uninteresting person.

    The benefeciairy tries to pull the benefactor into his life. The benefactor absolutely dislike the sort of life the benefeciairy lives.

    The benefeciairy sees the benefactor as a sort of useable idol.

    Both persons are capable of quitting the relationship instantly. The benefeciairy because he doesn't need the benefactor anymore, the benefactor because he doesn't have interest in the benefeciairy anymore.
    i know this is what it says on some sites about benefit but it doesn't fit my experience at all. relations of benefit are good....just not that "deep".

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    907
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Aye my experiences have been very different too. I think it depends on which types are involved in the Benefit relationship and even then what kind of Beneficial relationship it is, work/friendship/romantic. Even romantic can work very well in certain cases when things are balanced, but if there are problems it is hard to fix them since the two types have difficulty communicating at some levels. I've seen extremely passionate romantic benefit relationships. And some types have a harder time to let go of even poor relationships than others. It doesn't surprise me to see benefit high on the list of married couples.
    INFp

    If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •