Thread: Dual-type theory points (new developments)

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Dual-type theory points (new developments)

1st point: When we hear that Fe types "create emotional charge" in others, this is not wrong. They specifically try to implement, but with varying degrees of success. Strong exertion/slave Fe can induce precisely the emotion desired in the individual; however, weak slave Fe is somewhat hit or miss, because one's confidence in the projection of the emotion is not what it could be. (by which I mean the person has lesser confidence in their ability to transfer emotion between: an ENFj can express all the enthusiasm they want, but do they have confidence they are being understood? That's a matter of slave Fe.)

2nd point: One always sees a slave element in the context of its master. If the master is Ni, you'll try to appeal to history as a means of impressing the energy you intend to convey, or perhaps to process or planning. However, I'm not quite clear yet on the connection. Have other supersocion theorists considered the relation between the master and slave forms of an element in the same type?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st point: When we hear that Fe types "create emotional charge" in others, this is not wrong. They specifically try to implement, but with varying degrees of success. Strong exertion/slave Fe can induce precisely the emotion desired in the individual; however, weak slave Fe is somewhat hit or miss, because one's confidence in the projection of the emotion is not what it could be. (by which I mean the person has lesser confidence in their ability to transfer emotion between: an ENFj can express all the enthusiasm they want, but do they have confidence they are being understood? That's a matter of slave Fe.)
    This is how I'd put it: Master Fe is about MY emotions. Slave Fe is about understanding the emotions of a person I am observing.

Now, understanding ones life in terms of emotions (master Fe) does imply that one expects others to live their life in a similar way. So if I, as a master Fe type try to understand what another person is going through, I might envision myself in their situation, and understand the situation in terms of master Fe again.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    This is how I'd put it: Master Fe is about MY emotions. Slave Fe is about understanding the emotions of a person I am observing.

Now, understanding ones life in terms of emotions (master Fe) does imply that one expects others to live their life in a similar way. So if I, as a master Fe type try to understand what another person is going through, I might envision myself in their situation, and understand the situation in terms of master Fe again.
    Good points. How about this: slave elements are the energy patterns which induce metabolism aspects. In the case of Fe, the slave is the processing of that which actually induces the internal changes in an object. That's why strong slave Fe types know how to project their emotions: they are paying attention to those factors which can directly influence someone's emotional state.

I think we can apply this logic directly to Augusta's IM element descriptions, and come to a precise understanding of what the slave/exertion elements are. (or well, as precise an understanding as you can get of an abstract concept.)

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it would be reasonable to presume +/- dimensions for the slave functions as well. In particular, such postulations may enhance our understanding of energy....

I'd like to know what Hitta thinks about this. Do you see +/- energies in the world, Hitta?

There is also likely duality between slave functions. Fi polar energies, for example, are a key ingredient in the Te bonding energies of atoms. One could go a step farther and say that wherever there are bonds, there are polarities.

I wish more people knew about our work. The socion is unique in that it ties everyone's activities together into one great symphony of complementary niches. (more or less...) If people knew to look for these niches in others and in the very information of the world itself, there would be ...not fewer mysteries, but new ones. We would have progress at least.