Thread: ugh

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ugh

let's see, I'm impulsive to a fault, prone to addictions, arrogant, lazy, don't care about relationships, only interested in mental life, like martial arts (because you can't be a bitch), believe that people are free and responsible for their actions, value independence, don't believe in objective truth, don't give people the benefit of the doubt, think of worst case scenarios (like a murderer coming in my home while I'm holding my infant sister), don't really give a fuck about anything (I got busted for speeding and allegedly trying to elude a cop, but I just didn't see him), hate intellectuals and/or academians who think they know so much, dream a lot, am unproductive, stare into space just wondering, have anger which I let out through boxing...it contributes to my willingness to "die fighting," w/e that means......

I'm drunk and I just wrote this post....you can type me if you want....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    let's see, I'm impulsive to a fault, prone to addictions, arrogant, lazy, don't care about relationships, only interested in mental life, like martial arts (because you can't be a bitch), believe that people are free and responsible for their actions, value independence, don't believe in objective truth, don't give people the benefit of the doubt, think of worst case scenarios (like a murderer coming in my home while I'm holding my infant sister), don't really give a fuck about anything (I got busted for speeding and allegedly trying to elude a cop, but I just didn't see him), hate intellectuals and/or academians who think they know so much, dream a lot, am unproductive, stare into space just wondering, have anger which I let out through boxing...it contributes to my willingness to "die fighting," w/e that means......

I'm drunk and I just wrote this post....you can type me if you want....
    i'd say SLE
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have suspended my belief on this shit. extroversion and introversion have taken on a new meaning with me....I am a loner who likes to think, but also can be an exhibitionist in situations where I feel comfortable....w/e, superficial traits are bullshit.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95
    i still agree with Ti preference. "staring into space, dreaming a lot, wondering" still sound like decent Ni (more so than ESTp.) maybe Ni HA, but then "impulsive to a fault" doesn't sound like ISTj Se + rationality. (a mistake i may have made typing hitta.).....

(in relation to how you've been discussing the technicalities of theory on the forum.)
    and that doesn't sound ISTj, either. (Ti base + Ne POLR) but this thread does bring to light that you may have the wariness of subdued Ne in other areas.....

it seems less applicable when you are less inhibited. then again, i don't really know if and how socionics applies when people are alcoholically less-inhibited.
    I think the dreamy, spacy-ness correlates more with Ni than Ti. Ti's usually have a very concentrated look while Ni's will appear absent-minded, ime.

I do tend to be attracted to theoretical concepts, and enjoy analyzing ideas for the sake of analyzing, but I just cannot see myself as a rational type - I'm too freewheeling, unpredictable and impulsive.

so, based on that LII thread, you got the sense I cared more about theories than implementation?

I was definitely less inhibited, but my perception was also kind of distorted.

either way, I read over the more fundamental stuff - basically looked at the core dichotomies (descriptions on this site), and came out INTp.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but I am very organized, methodical and structured with things I care about. and I am controlling on a day to day basis.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can assure you I am no NF, lol. I live with 3, maybe 4, and I am nothing like them. It is obvious to me that I am a Ti type, but not ISTj because they're too structured. and not ENTp because I don't relate to any of their traits. that narrows it down to INTj and ESTp, and surprisingly, this is a valid dichotomy for me. I'll wait and see....

That's interesting about the whole Ti vs. Te thing. I will say that I don't care about application, but I do care about verification. I don't just think of something and call it true. That survival thing I mentioned is 'a posteriori', and I can deduce peoples' motivations down to their personal benefit from any action. this may just be a cynical perception, but cynical in itself is just a perception, and when you look at people at their essence - honesty, all that bullshit is just an idea, an illusion.....ahh, this should go in the other thread

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and due to quadra values, I conclude that I am INTj.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Salawa
    Could be extroversion and/or sensing. my impulsivity is close to a psychological disorder than a type

In what area? with life, because I care about little....the school system, it's all annoying to me

Please explain. I just think...and am unaware to most stuff...very active mentally

Valued Se it is more deep rooted...I just released the fight within me and love it

believe that people are free and responsible for their actions,

Not necessarily type related. Please explain. I am existentialist, to be frank

value independence,

Might be value , might not be. Please explain. I just do whatever I want, which is why I have no license

Why don't you give a fuck? I dunno, I'm crazy or something

About what? dream about escaping
    If I am beta, I am ESTp...alpha, INTj

I noticed something that points to Se. in athletics I can absorb myself completely in the activity, and look very graceful as a result.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I am beta, I am ESTp...alpha, INTj

I noticed something that points to Se. in athletics I can absorb myself completely in the activity, and look very graceful as a result.
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

salawa, how is thinking of worst case scenarios correlated with weak Ne?

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    what, lol? see what? a video of me boxing?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

salawa, how is thinking of worst case scenarios correlated with weak Ne?

what, lol? see what? a video of me boxing?

Heh not necessarily of you boxing, but of you moving gracefully doing a sport I'm just that sort of guy.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh not necessarily of you boxing, but of you moving gracefully doing a sport I'm just that sort of guy.
    oh, ok. well, I don't have any at the moment, and don't really have access, but you'll probably be able to see me on youtube soon. my trainer is putting me on his commercial to advertise the boxing program at his school.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, ok. well, I don't have any at the moment, and don't really have access, but you'll probably be able to see me on youtube soon. my trainer is putting me on his commercial to advertise the boxing program at his school.
    nice man lemme know =] What weight class are you?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice man lemme know =] What weight class are you?
    When I do compete - which is when I can use the resources I need consistently - I will probably fight at 135, but I can't be sure. I'm pretty quick and have good power for my size, so I want to be in a weight where I'm not overpowered nor outpointed by small, quick guys.

My situation hasn't been the easiest, but with college coming, I'll have more freedom, so I can go to the best gyms. for now, I'm just getting in as much good sparring as possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah man, whatever you fight most comfortably in. Don't let people/coaches push you from one weight class to another.

For example I Should be 142 lbs, but that is simply too light for me, i'm best around 150lbs. I always have the toughest time though with those long limbed mofos =p Can't seem to dance around them sometimes ha

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, you box too? nice. how long have you been involved in it? are you amateur, in aau?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah mostly amateur, we have a club in college that I joined my freshman year. Haven't had too many fights though because when we started to be good enough to compete, I had to leave my college due to money probs.

But I'm thinking that even though I won't be able to compete, the least I can do is pay the fees to be in the damn thing. I've done other stuff and nothing gives me quite a rush like boxing

How about you? (I've only boxed for about 1.5 years)

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started when I was fifteen, did it for about 6 months, then took a 1 year break for football. I still practiced some, but really got back into it last december, and have been training ever since.

I've done other stuff and nothing gives me quite a rush like boxing
    same, lol. some people it just sticks with.

who's your fav.?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome man!
    Where do you box, like state anyway?

My favorite right now is Manny Paquiao and Floyd Maywhether Jr, although I think the latter's got too big of a mouth/ego outside the ring. Of the classics though, I'd go with Sugar Ray Robinson =]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well to throw my 2 cents in, almost everything that I do, including Boxing and sports, is because it makes me "feel good" inside. Whatever that means to you.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would ask him to elaborate on the comment first. I only want very few, deep relationships; everything else is superficial to me.

the distinction could be a philosophical exercise that doesn't inhibit him from still applying varying degrees of objectivity. especially if Ni is his base function. when I say there is no objective truth, I mean you cannot quantify the universe to a clear-cut, rational explanation. I prefer to leave things as they are, rather than try to control them or suppress their natural way

he didn't even specify which ones! lots of academic subjects are alpha NT, or even beta NF. and maybe he "hates" those for their lack of application. that's why i suggested a "wait and see" approach to the "evolutionary fitness" posts, to see how he handles what there. I hate the pseudo-intellectuals who think they're smarter than they are because of superficial labels and conditioned thinking.

although another point for an ST type might be this convo you and Loki got going. btw, ever consider ISTp? indeed, seriously. I am just not sure about base -Si, but maybe...I see a lot of introvert in me
    here is a clarification on the "thinking of bad things/worst-case scenarios" thing: I tend to do best at something (like snowboarding today) when I just absorb myself in it...when I start thinking about a bunch of things, I mess up. Obviously, this applies to anyone generally, but still....it's like I think of bad possibilities to challenge/keep in check my ability to just 'be in the present'...sometimes it fucks me up...

it seemed to me that what he was complaining about was people who act like they know because they're experts, or something to that effect. precisely - experts can be wrong, I get mad at my mom for always following their advice, calling her a sheep
    regarding ISTp, it's been suggested before that Si base can be very into physical activity for the inside sensation. maybe the "the fight within" could be just as much Si as it could be Se. yes. I have much passion for fighting; I hit myself - hard - when I practice...it just fuels me

strrrng, what do you think about people who makes lots of Ne suggestions and possibilities? I like people who can see many aspects of things, but when they get too theoretical or start mindlessly abstracting, I get pissed

or irrationality. I am completely certain that I am irrational
    Se IJs can be fairly impulsive in short bursts (not necessarily 24/7).
    I am impulsive 24/7
    sorry for the length, I've been snowboarding all day. it was awesome to get back into it.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome man!
    Where do you box, like state anyway?

My favorite right now is Manny Paquiao and Floyd Maywhether Jr, although I think the latter's got too big of a mouth/ego outside the ring. Of the classics though, I'd go with Sugar Ray Robinson =]
    I'm in maryland, and too far from the real gyms to go consistently (until college).

yeah, mayweather's my favorite, but I also like juan manuel marquez a lot.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeah, about ISTp, I have a hard time seeing myself as delta.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeah, when I was young I always asked my parents how animals defended themselves...