Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: type my friend

  1. #1
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default type my friend

    I don't have any pics, but my description will be good enough. He is definitely EF - talkative, charismatic. He is very sensitive to the moods of those around him and is also aware of his own emotional state in relation to what is happening. He is very smart, but more conventional and scholastic than abstract, creative smart. He doesn't need to be the center of attention but won't turn it down. His sense of humor is perverse, not rude, but hilarious to me...most of his jokes are him acting in different ways...whether it be a gangster or a gay guy. He knows what to say to get certain reactions from people. He is very passionate. he won't stand up for himself initially because he wants to minimize conflict, but if pushed to a limit, will explode. I get the impression that what he really wants is a fun atmosphere with close friends where everyone is getting along and having a good time.

    mainly, I'm asking because I see multiple types in him.

  2. #2
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I see SEI in him entirely. It's like you are describing me. The sense of humor, loving to act differently, loving close relations. Everything you said points to SEI. I'm 100% sure he's SEI now that I think about it.

    You say is in his ego, and "He is very sensitive to the moods of those around him and is also aware of his own emotional state in relation to what is happening" points to in his ego.

    Therefore SEI.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  3. #3
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,633
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would say ISFp too, but it's really not enough to be sure. What you're describing as "EF" is Fe.

  4. #4
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I guess I saw him as E because of his talkative nature....he's def. alpha, I think ESFj...he's very outgoing...not softspoken....I don;t see Si base at all.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,101
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I guess I saw him as E because of his talkative nature....he's def. alpha, I think ESFj...he's very outgoing...not softspoken....I don;t see Si base at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng
    He is very smart
    Based on your responses in the other thread... he can't be an ESFJ. How could he be smart if he's not an NT?


  6. #6
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That still does not refute ISFp. I am very outgoing/extroverted most of the time, but I need to be alone when things get too busy. Can't say I'm soft-spoken, expect when I am discussing/arguing with someone. I initiate conversation most of the time, but I shy away from interacting with people who have authority over me.

    Anyway, I see Si base.

    According to Wikisocion, types with a Si base have "a strong ability to recognise internal physical states in themselves and others, to understand how these states are reached, and to recreate and avoid these physical states."

    This fits with your assertion that "He is very sensitive to the moods of those around him and is also aware of his own emotional state in relation to what is happening."

    He could be ESFj, but I see a lot of ISFp in him too.

    Based on your responses in the other thread... he can't be an ESFJ. How could he be smart if he's not an NT?
    I don't want to brag, but I am one of the brightest kids in my grade, dominated by INTp and ISTj.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  7. #7
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    Based on your responses in the other thread... he can't be an ESFJ. How could he be smart if he's not an NT?
    ah, but if you read a specific post of mine you will see I said I have a friend who is the only S I have ever considered for giftedness - I was speaking about him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir
    This fits with your assertion that "He is very sensitive to the moods of those around him and is also aware of his own emotional state in relation to what is happening."
    how does being in tune with your emotional state correlate with Si? Si is your physical state. whatever.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir
    I don't want to brag, but I am one of the brightest kids in my grade, dominated by INTp and ISTj.
    and you know this how? Either way, it's not bragging if it's true....I consider myself top 5 or ten in my class also, justifiably.

    here's some more info on him: he always knows what to say depending on others' moods...so he knows exactly what will make me laugh (no homo lol). He acts cocky and stuff but deep down he's a sensitive, genuine guy. He's loyal and understanding.

  8. #8
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    how does being in tune with your emotional state correlate with Si? Si is your physical state. whatever.
    I've heard that Si corresponds to your emotional state, which then affects your physical state. Like if you are depressed, your physical state will suffer also. They are connected.


    and you know this how? Either way, it's not bragging if it's true....I consider myself top 5 or ten in my class also, justifiably.
    When I was 6 years of age, my level of reading was so high that my grandmother, who taught for 35 years said that she had never had seen a child read on such a level. I read everything in my house that wasn't tied down, interesting encyclopedia articles, history books, before I was 10. I was accepted into the gifted program too.


    here's some more info on him: he always knows what to say depending on others' moods...so he knows exactly what will make me laugh (no homo lol). He acts cocky and stuff but deep down he's a sensitive, genuine guy. He's loyal and understanding.
    That also describes me. I can sense moods, and say something that fits it. I can get the whole class to laugh on occasion, and my ISTj friend, who loves my jokes. I say cocky things, but that is just an extension of my jokester nature. And ask any girl who I've shared my emotions with, I'm really sensitive.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  9. #9
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir
    I've heard that Si corresponds to your emotional state, which then affects your physical state. Like if you are depressed, your physical state will suffer also. They are connected.
    yeah, that makes sense. if you're an ethical type.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir
    That also describes me. I can sense moods, and say something that fits it. I can get the whole class to laugh on occasion, and my ISTj friend, who loves my jokes. I say cocky things, but that is just an extension of my jokester nature. And ask any girl who I've shared my emotions with, I'm really sensitive.
    yeah, all his jokes aren't as much about getting attention as they are about expressing himself and having fun. I'm still having trouble seeing him as I, just because he's always so charismatic and involved in the action. he seems to thrive around people.

  10. #10
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir
    When I was 6 years of age, my level of reading was so high that my grandmother, who taught for 35 years said that she had never had seen a child read on such a level. I read everything in my house that wasn't tied down, interesting encyclopedia articles, history books, before I was 10. I was accepted into the gifted program too.
    that's interesting because I have a family friend who is ISFx and is highly intelligent....the stuff you mentioned matched her....she is a storehouse of facts, more into literature than math....

  11. #11
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah, all his jokes aren't as much about getting attention as they are about expressing himself and having fun. I'm still having trouble seeing him as I, just because he's always so charismatic and involved in the action. he seems to thrive around people.
    Ok, I just asked my EIE friend:

    RogueMomen (7:16:37 PM): i have a question for you
    RogueMomen (7:16:43 PM): in your opinion
    RogueMomen (7:16:55 PM): Do I "thrive around people"?
    RogueMomen (7:17:16 PM): plz be honest
    RogueMomen (7:17:28 PM): it's for my forum
    ShamrockShake919 (7:19:50 PM): oh yeah
    ShamrockShake919 (7:19:53 PM): most of the time
    ShamrockShake919 (7:20:07 PM): sometimes u get in moods and its like pulling teeth to get u to talk.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  12. #12
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    that's interesting because I have a family friend who is ISFx and is highly intelligent....the stuff you mentioned matched her....she is a storehouse of facts, more into literature than math....
    That's funny, because I never did like math, always got a steady B+ in it.

    Then Algebra and Geometry came around, and I was the best in the class.

    Now, I have a B
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  13. #13
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    he can sometimes get in moods where he's pissed, so I could see that.

    that's weird with the math - most people are good and bad at one, since they are so different. my mom, who sucks at almost all math, was really good at algebra...it's more left-brained...but also more abstract in ways.

    but I'm NT and my best attribute is my writing.....but I am not simply some poet, I am extremely hair-splitting about grammar and word usage.

    I guess a lot is genetic

  14. #14
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, I would probably say that too.

    So as I said, he's probably ISFp.

    If you're still unsure, mention some "new" ideas to him. If he's ESFj, he won't like them, but if he's ISFp, he'll get all excited.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  15. #15
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir
    If you're still unsure, mention some "new" ideas to him. If he's ESFj, he won't like them, but if he's ISFp, he'll get all excited.
    not sure I agree. they are both alpha and both value +Ne, which is all about new ideas. +Ne is the ISFp's dual and the ESFj's h.a., so how could the ESFj dislike it?

  16. #16
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My mistake. You're correct. I was confusing ESE with another type.

    So you are sure that he is ESFj?
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  17. #17
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    well, I've come across some SEI's and the main thing seperating him is his strong social involvement. he's loud, and I see Fe as his main function, really. there's a possibility you could be right, but I see him more as my dual than activation.

  18. #18
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I get you, but I just want to say that if the SEI's you've met aren't as loud as him, it does not mean he is not ISFP.

    I'm thinking that the SEI's you've met are of the Si subtype, who are more introspective. I for one am the Fe subtype, and I am loud. For example, I feel really comfortable in my English class, and I must say, I talk more than anyone in there, and there is a ENFj in there.

    I really believe that ISFp-Fe subtype are crazy, because at the end of lunch, I just w000000000000p as loud as I can.

    lol, if you're so sure he is ESFj, then he is more likely that, but I am a prime example of a loud ISFp.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  19. #19
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,633
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, Fe subs can be very loud. I think I might have mistyped my ISFp cousin for the same reason.

    As for your friend, does he seem like he's busy all the time, or is he constantly really jokey and frivolous?

  20. #20
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Yeah, Fe subs can be very loud. I think I might have mistyped my ISFp cousin for the same reason.
    Yeah, I would say ISFp's are the hardest to recognize by other types, but other ISFp's pick up on it fast.

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    As for your friend, does he seem like he's busy all the time, or is he constantly really jokey and frivolous?
    Well I alternate between those, but I lean towards the jokey side.

    I think the key is, if he's ISFp, he's an subtype, and if he's an subtype, he has to be eccentric and kinda weird. All ISFp-Fe have this characteristic as far as I know.

    My sig proves it.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  21. #21
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,633
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not talking about you; the first is a much more typical EJ impression. I think, with what we know now, strrrng's friend could still be either ESFj or ISFp.

  22. #22
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We'll wait for more clarification from strrrrrng.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  23. #23
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    As for your friend, does he seem like he's busy all the time, or is he constantly really jokey and frivolous?
    he does not seem always busy. he seems....always involved, or looking for fun or ways to be happy. this guy always looks for humor, he tries to use any jokes to liven up the mood....he loves his friends and would do anything for them....he's the kind of person you can count on. what else...um...(I'm drunk, excuse my bs syntax)...he can play the role of the observer, taking in everyone's dispositions and sorting it out, then speaking based on that, or he can be the court jester, making perverse and/or funky-ass jokes, leaving us all - especially me - with our stomachs hurting. for example, in our english class, he began teasing one of his female friends sexually. he recited the lyrics to a song called 'shut up, bitch swallow' and went on a rant about her doing weird sexual acts.....because of his completely light and goofy tone, I couldn't help myself....I was in tears by the end of it....she got kind of mad, but I know deep down he cared...he just wants to make people laugh....

  24. #24
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,633
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ok. ESFjs usually want to seem like they are very hardworking (Te Role). If he is constantly making random jokes and stuff like that I would say ISFp. Public sexual teasing is a much more irrational thing. Also, Fe leading types tend to be more focused in their emotions.

  25. #25
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah, I don't see a Ne hidden agenda or a Ti dual seeking, so I'll say ISFp for now.

  26. #26
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yep, told ya.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •