Thread: Male ESFjs (revisited)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Male ESFjs (revisited)

Does anyone have any general comments or stories about them? Identifying features that may delve a bit deeper than superficial characterizations?

Thank you!

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mhm, i told one story about one who is a close friend of my close friend.. i think shes ExTj, probably ENTj, she likes Se.

we were eating at a new restuarant, and i was amazed at his ability to read my body language. The more impressive incident of the night was when we were looking at a menu together (ENTj and I) and i moved my upper body like... maybe a quarter of an inch toward the table where there were menus, and he said "ill get you a menu". I mean, i thought it was significant, that not everyone would have a) noticed and b) offered to get one (he also got one for ENTj so we'd all have one). And i appreciated it. He's the one who recommended the place too while we were both "where do you want to go"-ing.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know two male ESFj. I never really talk to one of them, but the other I know a bit more about.

They both seem to:

*Make friends easily, both are always smiling about something that is going on.
    *Appear very self-confident in their abilities, physical and social.
    *Seem to use often as a way to ridicule people who they get ticked off at, like me lol.

I really don't get along with them overall, because I'm just talking with them, then I say something a bit out of place, and before I know it, they're using physical and verbal on me. They're joking, but it unnerves me as they are both overweight.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    And i appreciated it.
    Was that the full extent of your internal reaction? I suspect not because it's clearly stuck with you, haha.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    *Seem to use often as a way to ridicule people who they get ticked off at, like me lol.
    Hah, well, what exactly are you doing to tick them off? I wouldn't have thought mirror misunderstanding could go that far (but then again, I'm not exactly a great judge of that).

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

full extent of my reaction? pretty much. But i was amazed at that little thing. I also dont get that from people in my daily life, so i was like "wow".

ESFjs including males talk a lot. They do seem confident, maybe anal. My friend is extremely anal about his work (hes just about a pharmacist now). Sensitive to social niceties, passionate about mundane things (not a bad thing), and likes "unconventional" ideas/art. He thinks im really cool too . BTW, no attraction there.

I also think it's true that ESFjs will sacrifice.. um.. i dunno.. skill for the sake of passion or atmosphere of the group. But, it ends up being contagious anyway (especially if its contained to the individual) as in dancing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FXEybqPs6is

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    Hah, well, what exactly are you doing to tick them off? I wouldn't have thought mirror misunderstanding could go that far (but then again, I'm not exactly a great judge of that).
    It does, idk, I just get too flippant around them I suppose, maybe get too comfortable, because when people smile, I usually think they're smiling at me. I think that's not the case with ESFj's though, they always smile whether or not I am around, which tears my paper heart in two!

hell idk, they just start using when I get too comfortable.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    which tears my paper heart in two!
    <3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    ESFjs including males talk a lot. They do seem confident, maybe anal.
    Perfect. Describes my ESE husband perfectly. Talks a lot. Confident. Anal. In a nutshell, yes.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can't think of that many in real life, but a movie character that comes to mind is the tom cruise character in Risky Business. i dated a guy whose friends thought of him that way. interstingly enough, he was an economics/management major in college, headed for the business world. but he could get anybody's mood elevated and was fun to be around. when it came to our relationship, he thought of it more just as a fun, summer fling, a concept which i didn't really get. but this aspect might be diagnostic of the male esfj...i think they move in and out of relationships pretty easily.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often