Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rudolf Nureyev

I think I know what his type is, but wanted to put it out there:

Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolf_Nureyev

You can hear a few short clips of an interview, here.

is the best I could find of him on Youtube - you can't hear what he's saying, but you can see his movements/mannerisms as he speaks.
    Last edited by Animal; 12-24-2007 at 07:21 PM.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp?
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

intp
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, this guy is a a feeler. I think INFj. Perhaps ISFp if I had to give a second option, in fact he reminds me of Jessica's friend we tried to type a while back.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MMm. The guy looks like me. And speaks like me (except that I'm not russian). And I'm also a very good dancer (not as good as him of course). If you look at his biography on wikipedia, you can see how it's very hard to paint him as INFx:

Because of Nureyev's gifts he was usually forgiven for many things, but stardom did little to improve his temperament. He was notoriously impulsive and did not have much patience with rules, limitations and hierarchical order.
    In fact, it's so eerie for me to watch him in that video where he's near the pool, because even body-wise I'm done exactly like him, the same bone structure, same muscles placed exactly the same way...yuck.
    Last edited by FDG; 12-24-2007 at 02:11 PM.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hadn't seen those videos thehotelambush. They are really good. Thanks.

And, FDG, you say you think you look like everyone to an eery degree, to the point where I completely anticipated your replying like you did.

Anyway, here's a bit more to help:

This article from the Post is a review of the recent documentary by Julie Kavanagh, which is actually really good but not available online or on DVD yet, apparently. It's got a bit more info than the Wikipedia article.

And I didn't want to post this, because it's totally going to give him away, but the biography from his official site: http://www.nureyev.org/biographie_russie.php
    Last edited by Animal; 12-24-2007 at 06:03 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFj

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From his biography, my first thought was SEE, which to me is consistent with everything in the videos.

Also, he was good friends with Gore Vidal, who I'm convinced is ILI.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE was my thought as well. I was actually caught between SLE or SEE for him, just based on the film biography. I'm only halfway through the Penguin biography, and so far I think the student he was involved with before defecting, Kremke, was most likely IXI of some sort. In the videos, what made me lean towards SEE were those eyes - for some reason, most of the SEEs I know have those almost intuitive-looking, drunken eyes.

If I just saw the videos, though, I might actually be inclined to say IXXp as well. I think he's one of those people who takes on the "aura" of their duals.
    Last edited by Animal; 12-24-2007 at 07:36 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, interesting. I don't know any real life SEE's but very nice to get more of a feel for them.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni/Se quadra. Rational? Similar to James Franco and Val Kilmer.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW I agree that he looks a LOT like Fabio.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    SEE was my thought as well. I was actually caught between SLE or SEE for him, just based on the film biography. I'm only halfway through the Penguin biography, and so far I think the student he was involved with before defecting, Kremke, was most likely IXI of some sort. In the videos, what made me lean towards SEE were those eyes - for some reason, most of the SEEs I know have those almost intuitive-looking, drunken eyes.

If I just saw the videos, though, I might actually be inclined to say IXXp as well. I think he's one of those people who takes on the "aura" of their duals.
    Firstly, he is very attractive. Secondly ... SEE? Very interesting, I must admit I thought he was IEI on first impression, also due to those eyes of his which look very to me. The way he moves seems more fluid, more delicate than I would normally attribute to an leading person, but maybe that just goes to show how shit I am a V.I. haha.

What you say here about taking on the "aura" of a dual - that's really cool. Have any more thoughts on this, or examples of other people who do this?

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems like he was a little too impulsive to have been a rational Se type, and too much in touch with his sensuality to be rational-Ni. Can you imagine someone saying this about an ENFj?: "Nureyev was sex on legs. ‘He slowly raised his arms,’ wrote the photographer Richard Avedon, ‘and as his arms went up, so did his penis. It was as if he was dancing with every part of himself. His whole body was responding to a kind of wonder at himself."

I only remember seeing a pic of FDG once or twice. I can sort of see the resemblance but Fabio has a much more focused, severe gaze, from what I remember.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fabie actually has rather soft eyes, if I remember correctly. Especially in the picture with the white sweater.

I'm sold; I'll jump on the SEE train.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Firstly, he is very attractive. Secondly ... SEE? Very interesting, I must admit I thought he was IEI on first impression, also due to those eyes of his which look very to me. The way he moves seems more fluid, more delicate than I would normally attribute to an leading person, but maybe that just goes to show how shit I am a V.I. haha.

What you say here about taking on the "aura" of a dual - that's really cool. Have any more thoughts on this, or examples of other people who do this?
    When I first saw him, I was like "Shit! The most famous dancer of the 20th centure is INFp?" Because he definitely does look like a lot of INFps in the gaze and in his fluid movements. But the more I read about him, the more he seemed like a Se-Ep to me.

For examples of duals taking on each others auras, there's Anthony Kiedis who is either IEI or EIE, but I've seen typed as SLE before. Marlon Brando is another example. If you watch him in interviews from his younger days, he's actually quite soft-spoken and could be mistaken for some Ip type. Angelina Jolie I think is also one of these sorts of people - she seems to confuse just about everybody.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I first saw him, I was like "Shit! The most famous dancer of the 20th centure is INFp?" Because he definitely does look like a lot of INFps in the gaze and in his fluid movements. But the more I read about him, the more he seemed like a Se-Ep to me.

For examples of duals taking on each others auras, there's Anthony Kiedis who is either IEI or EIE, but I've seen typed as SLE before. Marlon Brando is another example. If you watch him in interviews from his younger days, he's actually quite soft-spoken and could be mistaken for some Ip type. Angelina Jolie I think is also one of these sorts of people - she seems to confuse just about everybody.
    True true. I definitely understand the Kiedis thing, have to check up on Brando more, cause I saw some interviews of him in his older age (and fatter lol) ... he does seem very soft spoken. Angelina I believe is INFp, and has a severe case of wanting to project strong on herself. What do you think?

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is he? dear god i am attracted to him.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only remember seeing a pic of FDG once or twice. I can sort of see the resemblance but Fabio has a much more focused, severe gaze, from what I remember.
    His gaze is far, far less severe in person. The person here with a "severe" gaze is Ezra.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    True true. I definitely understand the Kiedis thing, have to check up on Brando more, cause I saw some interviews of him in his older age (and fatter lol) ... he does seem very soft spoken. Angelina I believe is INFp, and has a severe case of wanting to project strong on herself. What do you think?
    Gah, don't ask me about Jolie. I've been trying to figure that one out for ages. But I think you may be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Fabie actually has rather soft eyes, if I remember correctly. Especially in the picture with the white sweater.
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    His gaze is far, far less severe in person. The person here with a "severe" gaze is Ezra.
    Okay. I haven't met the guy, of course, but he does seem like one of those people who looks different in every photograph, and different in person from the photographs as well.
    Last edited by Animal; 12-25-2007 at 02:19 AM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And, FDG, you say you think you look like everyone to an eery degree, to the point where I completely anticipated your replying like you did.
    Nonooono, in this case it's different really

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Yeah nobody has ever described me as severe, i only do when i'm walking by myself in a hurry
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)