Thread: Noel Fielding and Julian Barratt

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Noel Fielding and Julian Barratt

Comedian (there was a comedian thread in which he was typed... but what does he VI as?)

and his partner in crime...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fielding:
    "I always dress like a freak — like an arts student. I've always been obsessed with clothes. My mum was always into clothes, too. People like Mick Jagger and David Bowie; stylish, effeminate men really."

"Sometimes I go too far. I had this whole thing about two fish and this massive shark, one slightly smaller than the other. I could see it in my head, but I couldn't quite manage to make it work yet, and when it's not working it's the ramblings of a madman. When I'm 70 I might be a man in a park just wandering around, speaking in tongues with kids throwing bread at me and going, 'That's the man, the man who talks funny'."

"Actually there's a lot of human emotion in it. Even though they might be talking about splitting up with their girlfriend, maybe in a way if I do a scene where a man with rams' legs is trying to woo someone from the audience and he crushes her with a drawbridge by accident, that can be as emotional as someone just saying, 'My girlfriend packed me in'. It depends how much you invest in it, and how real you make it. It's quite human in a way, even though it's quite nonsensical and surreal."

"I don't really like jokes in a way. I mean gags are fine but I like weird moments where what you have isn't really a joke, just tiny moments. They're quite hard to write, but if you don't do proper jokes, they become the proper jokes and that's more intricate ... I did fine arts at college, quite a lot of drawings. I think stand-up for me is probably my way of painting. Each scene is probably a painting I haven't got the skill to paint."

Barratt:
    "We’re quite strict about what we allow into the Boosh. It’s not written down, but we feel it. When people try to chip in with wacky stuff often we’re like ‘you haven’t really got it have you?’ Your mates, people you’re working with, they may even be really good comedy writers – often it’s when people try to be surreal or do some crazy imagery, it stinks of forced wackiness."

"But I loved monsters when I was little. I used to love Scorpio (the killer out of ‘Dirty Harry’) when I was a kid, and he’s basically a rapist and a paedophile! We like the idea of having characters like from ‘Beauty And The Beast’ who are never completely evil or nice. You think they’re evil and then it turns out there’s something a bit sad or wrong about them."

"I want to do radio again actually. I thought that was an amazing medium for music, soundscapes and adventures. You can create these incredible environments with minimal money."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey check out Fielding's face, its a face that's just begging to be VI'ed. So any thoughts?

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Julian Barratt reminds me a lot of Thom Yorke - I think he values Ti, but I can't decide between INFp or INTj. I'm more inclined to think Noel Fielding is a NF type now, say ENFj or something.

(But, gosh, there's basically nothing I love more than the Boosh! )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I stated in another thread I think that Noel is a INFp. That he is Fe valuing is pretty obvious to me. Uses tons of imagination and fantasies in his comedic acts. Could be an ENFj, but he seems more relaxed IP then the more tense EJ.

After watching the video below I Julian seemed IJ to me. He does use a lot of intuition in his comic material though. Didn't find much on youtube.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noel Fielding: INFp or ISFp
    Julian Barratt: INTj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cudcat View Post
    that interview was kind of awkward...!

yeah, I thought Barratt was an INTj.

Benefactor relationship would be somewhat fitting for the characters they play on the show too

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    that interview was kind of awkward...!

yeah, I thought Barratt was an INTj.

Benefactor relationship would be somewhat fitting for the characters they play on the show too
    Yeah it was.

I used it more to show their temperaments rather than anything else. INTj for Julian sounds good to
    me. Judging by his comedy I'd still say that Noel is an INFp, but otherwise ISFp would have been a good choice.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Noel Fielding

This dude just HAS to be alpha...right? Type?

Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's ENTP Ne

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe beta NF... but has a different feel to Russell Brand... less sharp, more casual - could be IP instead of EJ. or maybe just irrational. I don't think ILE is unlikely though. However I get the feeling he's an ethical type.