TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Syncretism, Ne vs Se

Syncretism

Reconciliation or fusion of differing systems of belief, as in philosophy or religion, especially when success is partial or the result is heterogeneous.
    Would you say Se types/quadras are more prone to keeping ideas and forms in their original state, compared to syncretizing them with others? That would seem to be the role of Ne quadras/types - yes?

Or is this way to general. Just something that came up when reading some things today. Comments welcomed.

It is easy to see how both would be necessary - without each, there would be no form, and no change.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Syncretism, Ne vs Se

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Syncretism

Reconciliation or fusion of differing systems of belief, as in philosophy or religion, especially when success is partial or the result is heterogeneous.
    Would you say Se types/quadras are more prone to keeping ideas and forms in their original state, compared to syncretizing them with others? That would seem to be the role of Ne quadras/types - yes?

Or is this way to general. Just something that came up when reading some things today. Comments welcomed.

It is easy to see how both would be necessary - without each, there would be no form, and no change.
    I consider myself highly syncretist in most things, especially spirituality. Eclecticist, even... in myself, however, I see this as a function of . Matching similar concepts and blending them into an inclusive whole that works for me. I have innate difficulty with unchanging static and rigid forms of belief. It has always seemed much more logical that every system would contain certain amounts of "veracity" that may be gleaned and synthesized with other similar concepts. This is the basis for my underlying belief that there is no "One True Faith". If anything, all of them are refractions, and all contain varying quantities of Truth.

Of course, according to your proposed Se vs. Ne dichotomy, I'm not sure where I'd fall. Neither of these are ego block for me.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps it is not really an Ne / Se thing. Oh well.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew an INFj who's a Christian and rather conservative about her beliefs (conservative as in rigid and unchanging, etc.).
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances