Thread: Stranger Than Fiction

Creepy-bg

Default Stranger Than Fiction

shit it's been over an hour since it ended so i don't remember their names...

Will Ferrell's character- INTj
    Maggie Gyllenhaal (fn hawt!!!)- ESFj

maybe?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gyllenhaal's character is irrational 100% IMO. She's all about the counter-culture, and she's got a temper. SEI is my bet.

The writer lady seems like an EIE, or maybe even LIE (she seems to devalue Ti sometimes, especially with regards to her assistant), but intuitive subtype nonetheless. The assistant lady seemed LSI.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Gyllenhaal's character is irrational 100% IMO. She's all about the counter-culture, and she's got a temper. SEI is my bet.

The writer lady seems like an EIE, or maybe even LIE (she seems to devalue Ti sometimes, especially with regards to her assistant), but intuitive subtype nonetheless. The assistant lady seemed LSI.
    -1 me then

(I did get alpha SF right for Gyllenhaal though (and that she's HAWT!!!!) )

Creepy-bg

didn't see the temper really...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought this movie was quite brilliant.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    I thought this movie was quite brilliant.
    I agree... didn't think I would like it from the previews but thank God for free movie channels for four months because I really liked it.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By far Will Farrel's best movie. He does what he does best (play a ridiculous character) but manages to fit it absurdly into a pretty deep and, IMO, really interesting and super-emotional plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    didn't see the temper really...
    Well mostly I was taking that from the scene where they meet for the first time and she rips into him about being a tax collector. I saw it as a rational's realization/first view of the irrational world.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

By far Will Farrel's best movie.
    *sarcasm voice* You mean he didn't win an Oscar for his role in 'Elf?' ;D

http://www.elfmovie.com/

I loved him as the male cheerleader in that SNL skit though. Cracked me the @#$# up.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elf was a kid's movie.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Stranger than Fiction is definitely an awesome movie. I had the same thoughts as BG typing-wise, but Gilly has a point. I thought possibly ENFj for her, but ISFp might be a good compromise (since her backstory is totally Si - though it could be the actor's personality interfering with the character's).

As for the writer, agreed, definitely Ni ego. Why do you think she devalued Ti exactly?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Yes, Stranger than Fiction is definitely an awesome movie. I had the same thoughts as BG typing-wise, but Gilly has a point. I thought possibly ENFj for her, but ISFp might be a good compromise (since her backstory is totally Si - though it could be the actor's personality interfering with the character's).

As for the writer, agreed, definitely Ni ego. Why do you think she devalued Ti exactly?
    It's mostly her talk about how good writing comes from inspiration, not methodology. It's really not a lot to go on; it points to an ethical type more than anything, so perhaps Ni-EIE is the best bet.