• ENFp

1 6.67%
  • INFj

1 6.67%

Thread: final exam

Creepy-ifmd95

Default _

_
    Last edited by ifmd95; 04-08-2011 at 01:57 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something about your posts reminds me of munenori2's.

It's the way you seem to analyse EVERYTHING at great length. It reminds me of me when I was 15, and an SLE would constantly rip into me for it, and then when it took its emotional toll on me, he'd laugh, and it would damage me more. It's like I've gone from the Ne and Fi realm to the Se and Ti realm.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Something about your posts reminds me of munenori2's.

It's the way you seem to analyse EVERYTHING at great length. It reminds me of me when I was 15, and an SLE would constantly rip into me for it, and then when it took its emotional toll on me, he'd laugh, and it would damage me more. It's like I've gone from the Ne and Fi realm to the Se and Ti realm.
    I do have to say that I've always enjoyed ifmd95's posts. I would say they have more of a T bent and he strikes me as a rational type with the focus there (though my memories might be playing tricks on me)! He could very well be intuitive, but frankly I don't have anything concrete to support that with. He does seem more field-oriented, so I'd lean towards introvert (please correct me if I'm interpreting that locus incorrectly). This would lead me towards INTj. However, I honestly don't put much in the way I type people yet. My methods are just too naive and my understanding too crude. It just seems like there's something important about imfd that I'm missing, something unique that I feel should point me another way if I could make sense of it.

Also, speaking of your own self, Ezra, are your own experiences the reason you're more inclined to the environmental factors of type? Sorry to change the subject there.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think you're definitely a Te type.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you seem INTj based on your writing. In previous posts you have always expressed yourself concisely and gone into good detail on many ideas, both signs of Ti. I can't really see an Ni base in you. Also, I don't know what dichotomy or w/e has you on the fence, but if it has anything to do with structure/organization, throw it out the window.

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do have to say the same. I enjoy reading munenori2 and ifmd95's post. Specially munenori2, i think we have the same sense of humor (or at least, you have good sense of humor).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think people that are saying LII aren't looking very hard at all.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I clearly saw some kind of INTx by the thought you put into your writing. You seem like a very logical guy. Sounds like NF temperament.

I was thinking LII, but then I realized that you considered how your family and friends would feel about you posting their info, and that seems unlike a LII. So I say ILI for now.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always thought of you as IEI. Not sure why.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imf is my favorite poster. i declare him the king of 16types.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTp.

You're a more-polite, less-cynical niffweed.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand
    INTp.

that's like saying your a white anglo black man

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    INTp.

Indeed, in a niffweed solution-series, there is just one end-member, and it's 100% all the way down, baby.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

niffweed, I love your bland, open-ended assertions that have no support.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    INTp.

lol yeah it is.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    i think you're definitely a Te type.
    That's my view, too.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng
    niffweed, I love your bland, open-ended assertions that have no support.
    look at the way he deals with logical systems.

for example, look at threads like this. most of his interaction here is fairly typical of Te blocked with Ni; not taking sides, pointing out fallacies and logical flaws where he doesn't agree with something, and pointing out logical extensions of various models that other people support. at absolutely no time does he venture any kind of systematic extension on a model like tcaud might do.

also look at some of the following quotes.
    if there's something wrong with my understanding of socionics theory, i want to know about it. reasonable feedback can move me closer to applying the theory to myself most accurately.
    enumeration may be possible. the opposite has been argued, but i don't buy the case yet. it also depends on what extent of numeration you're expecting. (i never promised 16 precise rankings)

not "having actual worth besides ordering the sets of relationships" is an issue i addressed extensively. i even addressed it directly in the post above by discussing ordinals.
    Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17144

or as it was described in this thread, in NiiTe's system, the sum of {0,1}, {1,1} or whatever.

simply: how good an intertype relationship is deduced to be

of course you might run into problems with averaging because of the ordinal nature i discussed in the other thread. e.g. 1 and 3 ordinally don't necessarily average to what corresponds to 2 in the set.

but if it's a 1 and 2 you're averaging and the original set specifies nothing in between, the 1.5 makes sense.

throw some error bars in too and you might get an interesting chart. might be useful for people thinking to themselves "well i might like this person as a dual, but not this other person at all." and the two people they're thinking of arent' in opposite quadras.

this is a very good example the exposition of a system which has not yet been accepted as fact, but which is considered a legitimate possibility
    if any straws are being grasped, it's this variation argument. it effects every other prediction of socionics. if there is a criticism of substance here, it is Quirk's second point which indeed at least constrains how much sense the averages can make.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    imf is my favorite poster. i declare him the king of 16types.
    yeah, i agree, he's probably my favorite as well.

fwiw i tend to think you're a Te type just because you're not immediately abrasive to me and you generally "make sense" to me. your humor reminds me slightly of my own, and there's some similarity in thought going. i'm going to jump here and say that this means we must share some similar im elements/quadra values. at the least i don't want to die when i read your posts.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm an ESFj? i don't even have a Christmas tree in my living space. nor do i look like a Christmas tree. (no offense to Aishwarya Rai - she's one of my favorite Christmas trees.)

[...]

*i try not to put much emotion into anyone's typing. but if it means anything, i'd say that stray ENFp vote rubs me better than the INFp one. (not that i'm suggesting either)
    what exactly did you expect to get out of opening a general poll for any idiot to throw his hat into?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    LIE!
    Gosh, I'm simple. When I first read this, I thought you were calling ifmd a liar.

I can't change my vote, but niffweed made some good points as far as ENTj goes. It had slipped my mind the posts where ifmd would discuss systems (I particularly recall an economics related post or two) and relate how they were instanced or evidenced irl. So +2 to niff!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've rattled about future plans with other users who seem informed and interested. like in the threads on university rank or grad schools for finance. (both a muddle of Te and Ti in my interp. btw*) but on WMT i'd rather have a poll break the ice and my post history speak for itself . i consider the comments (and their authors) a lot more than the poll fyi.
    fair enough; the point rather is that clearly the poll itself is pretty useless.

*i did not do much "systematic extension" in those threads either. however i must also consider the long-run and my intentions for studying "supported models" in math and econ. i may make a career out of systematic extension. to distinguish quadra values, perhaps the question is: push comes to shove, which would i choose? the career or the systematic extension? never been in anything quite like that situation to say.
    i don't quite follow this.

systematic extension, first of all, as i am using it, could be defined roughly as taking some model (in this case, some aspect of socionics, for example reinin traits) and analyzing assumptions inherent in the model, and describing any of the validity of these assumptions, how these assumptions are reflected in reality, and, ultimately, what good the model is.

i think it's pretty obvious that you were doing a lot of this kind of analysis in the thread i mentioned, and in others similar to it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, terminology mix-up? as i am using it:

"studying supported models" = what you've just described (key word: "inherent in")

"systematic extension" ~ "at absolutely no time does he venture any kind of systematic extension on a model like tcaud might do." (extending the system beyond the presently-accpeted validity)

hmm..

i don't know what i'm talking about anymore. just ignore me.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

the most useful portions of that description were probably too personal. not by my standard, but i still dislike revealing information about my friends and family online without full permission. and i am not sure what else to type about.
    This thing. Right here. I'm afraid it's what is holding us all back from getting to the soul of a person, which is what this is supposed to be about, right? If we can't show our 'living room' self to everybody on here, how can we know what we're really like? That's why I hate social traditions and the like.

Now I know I take things too far in the other direction sometimes, talking about anal sex and blowjobs and all that, but I figure- I have a kind of 'hate me or like me' aura, or somewhat - like my real personality is that of a really airheaded punky teenager with a glittery t-shirt. Compared to a lot of you, that's how I feel. I actually don't feel that way often, but around here I do.

And you're right. You really can have that stuff be used against you, so I dunno. Still I just feel people who say 'TMI' and stuff are just rude hypocrites.

But it's just (to me) more interesting than any boring mental masturbation theory. When I did my 'psychology-gay' essay I was making fun of that behavior more than I was supporting it. Not that I like people who just throw a football around all day either, but i just feel a bit of perspective is in order or something.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't even know how things on the internet can be used against you. If somebody were to try, I'd say "so what"? And go back to doing my own thing ignoring everything they're saying.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ideally, "so what?" would suffice. the easiest way to keep your nose clean is by doing nothing to hide. and so wherever communicated, your actions speak for themselves.
    mmh. $0.02 is that this points towards a Fi quadra, but this is just me. i do think there are some aspects to quadra types that deal with keeping a good reputation as opposed to "just not giving a damn" or eliminating any paper trails/evidence of anything possibly incriminating. i think that gulenko links this to some dichotomy specifically. isn't "keeping a good reputation" even specifically mentioned in some ESFp descriptions? i still haven't seen really good evidence pointing towards a merry quadra, aside from the fact that you joke (which could be , right?) and perhaps fancy aishwarya rai as much as i do.

where do you get polr? not sure if you've mentioned why, specifically.

(((sorry about the ESFj vote!)))

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

realistically, information doesn't always travel transparently: whether by accident or less benevolent intentions. "1500 posts on a pop-psychology message board, whose admin [not me] happens to buy into astrology" - that might become warped into "1500 posts on an astrology message board". a thread indifferently analyzing conflict with a classmate - that might become a thread talking shit about them.
    Ahhh I understand. What about killing the person that spread the voices around? That always looked like a good solution in those cases. Call me if you need help in the future!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you should think about ILI as well.