Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rick's recent additions to his celebrities page in his site

And my comments:

- Donald Trump: SLE - yes.
    - Diane Sawyer: ESI - yes.
    - Stephen King, Ozzy Osbourne, Elton John - all IEI. Hmm, maybe. I would have guessed EIE for Sir Elton, but *shrug*.
    - Robert de Niro - SLI. I think so.
    - Whoppie Goldberg - IEE. I guess.
    - Steven Seagal - LSI. I guess.
    - Russel Crowe - LSI. I was more inclined towards SLE.
    - Hillary Clinton - LSI - I'm getting more convinced of that as time goes by (sorry Kim - no Delta).
    - Weird Al Yankovic, Bill Maher - ILE. Yes.
    - Orson Welles - SEI. Yes, and I think I was the first to suggest it.
    - Dustin Hoffman - LII. Hmm, could be. I was more inclined towards SEI, even if he doesn't obviously look like one.
    - Sandra Bullock - ESE. Makes sense.
    - Robert Oppenheimer - LII. Yes.

And now my biggest disagreement --

Hugo Chávez - SEE

I can understand why he'd be typed as SEE, especially going by 4 dichotomies, but I think that the overall context of his "Bolivarian Revolution" and his agenda make him clearly a Beta, so SLE. If he's SEE rather than SLE, I have to revise a lot of things about socionics.

Rick, we should discuss this in Milan
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree on Chavéz. I can't see any hint of Gamma in his political agenda.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup Chavez is Beta. Can't say the same for Trump - think he is a creepy LSE . Hillary is very interesting, I think she is Beta ST too (she was chomping at the bit to revolutionize Medicare when she first came into the White House with Bill).
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My problem is that there are no pictures for some. I just don't know who some people are and do not have the time or the will to go and find out as it is just a passing glance I am looking for there.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Rick's recent additions to his celebrities page in his s

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    And now my biggest disagreement --

Hugo Chávez - SEE

I can understand why he'd be typed as SEE, especially going by 4 dichotomies, but I think that the overall context of his "Bolivarian Revolution" and his agenda make him clearly a Beta, so SLE. If he's SEE rather than SLE, I have to revise a lot of things about socionics.

Rick, we should discuss this in Milan
    Sure, but it'd be easier to discuss it here (in a new thread)
    We can discuss videos and articles about him and stuff like that. I've only watched videos.

I wish I had photos for all of the new people, but it takes a lot longer to do, and eventually I will have to deal with copyright issues, even if no one has complained so far. I am considering just posting a list of people of my site and having all the discussion and biographical material go on Wikisocion.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont
    Can't say the same for Trump - think he is a creepy LSE .
    Why do you think that?

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump SLE, that is what I said a long time ago and nearly everyone disagreed.

I would not disagree with any of Rick's typings.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean
    that's a tad optimistic, no?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Stephen King is ILI. Look at him on youtube, no Fe at all. And his reclusive lifestyle out in the woods is more of a gamma thing, imo (though of course I wouldn't exclude any particular type from something that general).

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Yeah I think typing should be seen as a group endeavor rather than an expert assessment. I don't have any secret tool, and I'm not 100% sure of many of these typings, though I'm fairly confident. But I agree that if you're at the learning stage, it may be more important to try to soak up someone's experience than challenge their typings.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    I think Stephen King is ILI. Look at him on youtube, no Fe at all. And his reclusive lifestyle out in the woods is more of a gamma thing, imo (though of course I wouldn't exclude any particular type from something that general).
    That would be my second choice, but here is a video with lots of :

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=9

Also, I would argue that his great ability to create fear and apprehension in his works is related to .

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    Yeah I think typing should be seen as a group endeavor rather than an expert assessment. I don't have any secret tool, and I'm not 100% sure of many of these typings, though I'm fairly confident. But I agree that if you're at the learning stage, it may be more important to try to soak up someone's experience than challenge their typings.
    i think he was just saying that he agreed with these particular, latest typings. i don't see any reference to expertness.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me elaborate. I generally agree with Rick's typing of celebrities. Some of them I am a bit skeptical on, but since I cannot offer a better alternative for some of them, I would not disagree with them unless the evidence points in a different direction.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Creepy-bg

Rick works for the Russian Socionics Mobsters... you'd do well to agree with him if you value your life. (ever seen Hostel? yeah, that's the kind of shit he's into! )

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think hillary's LII

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively

i think he was just saying that he agreed with these particular, latest typings. i don't see any reference to expertness.
    i see how his statement could be interpreted that way; it's a tad vague. if it was intended to mean that, fair game.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me elaborate. I generally agree with Rick's typing of celebrities. Some of them I am a bit skeptical on, but since I cannot offer a better alternative for some of them, I would not disagree with them unless the evidence points in a different direction.
    fair enough.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the only quibble that i can find with rick's recent typings is with Mr T, who, from what (admittedly limited) material i've seen, appears to clearly be LSI rather than SLE, which i also mentioned in the recent thread on mr T.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    That would be my second choice, but here is a video with lots of :

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=9

Also, I would argue that his great ability to create fear and apprehension in his works is related to .
    I don't know. The Fe you mention feels bizarre as hell to me, and he seems pretty conscious of the fact that he's so awkward.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the only quibble that i can find with rick's recent typings is with Mr T, who, from what (admittedly limited) material i've seen, appears to clearly be LSI rather than SLE, which i also mentioned in the recent thread on mr T.
    Interesting. LSI hadn't occured to me. Here's a better video than the one on Letterman:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah he's a rock for sure. not mobile enough for SLE.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont
    Can't say the same for Trump - think he is a creepy LSE .
    Why do you think that?
    It was half a joke as I cannot stand the man heh. Trump is all self promotion all the time, it is always Trump this or Trump that. He is not a teamplayer in the least. Trump is a workaholic always busy with this or that project. ("If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." That's an ESTj style quote imo). He is stiff as a board with 'beady' ESTj eyes. Compare the way the animated Rosie O'Donnell (not a fan either but she is a pretty clear cut ESTp) bashes Trump in the infamous Trump v. O'Donnell battle (you can see it on youtube). O'Donnell is animated, with round eyes and waves her arms about. Trump sits stiff unmoving with a narrow fixed gaze. I'm not saying it is totally impossible that Trump is ESTp, but I don't get that ESTp 'feel' from him really.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoppie Goldberg seems ENTp rather than ENFp to me. I agree that she is dominant but during a recent interview I saw with her she seemed to have a long history of doing things which seem to lack and it keeps getting her into problems with other people.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dustin Hoffman as LII is a surprise. He has been discussed here before, and the consensus was that his characters seem to be acc-Ni. Ben in the Graduate seems to be ILI, as does the autistic character in Rain Man. Other Socionics sites type him either as ILI or ILE.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And by the way, just to clarify: I'm not saying a person couldn't be one type and play a character who's another type. However, maybe in viewing Dustin Hoffman as LII, perhaps you also see Ben and the Raymond as LIIs, and not as ILIs as had been previously proposed on the forum?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luk_Sz_pUHs[/youtube]

If it doesn't work, just use this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luk_Sz_pUHs

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"video no longer available"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"video no longer available"
    That's weird. Try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luk_Sz_pUHs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do agree with some of Rick's typings, with others i don't.

Jhonny Depp - is typed as SEI/ ISFp - I actually think he's ILE /ENTp It's easy to mistake someone with their dual. I know i did in the past. Whitin time people become more and more like their dual and viceversa.

Ludwig Wittgenstein - is typed as LII/INtj - he's ILI/INTp in my opinion

Weird Al Yankovic - ILE/ENTp - I think he's rather IEE/ENFp he's rather a feeler than a thinker

Oprah Winfrey - EIE/ ENFj - i did said it before and i will say it again she is a IEE/ ENFp all the way, she likes to host talkshows and talk about people (the reasons are, of course, by no means exhaustive)

Diane Keaton - IEE/ ENFp - she's EIE/ ENFj this actress shows no sense for fashion, has no glamour in the dress (again, not the only reason she's an EIE and not some other type)

Craig Ferguson - IEE/ENFp - no, he's ESE/ESFj

More to come...

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=gugu;279199]I do agree with some of Rick's typings, with others i don't.

Jhonny Depp - is typed as SEI/ ISFp - I actually think he's ILE /ENTp It's easy to mistake someone with their dual. I know i did in the past. Whitin time people become more and more like their dual and viceversa.
    /QUOTE]

I can see myself playing all of his roles, I can act like him!

But I don't get dual feelings from him. *shrug*
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=Kamangir;279200]
    Quote Originally Posted by gugu View Post
    I do agree with some of Rick's typings, with others i don't.

/QUOTE]

I can see myself playing all of his roles, I can act like him!

But I don't get dual feelings from him. *shrug*
    I agree. We looked at some video interviews of him earlier, and he never focuses on Ne. He likes to let the interviewer guide the conversation as he wishes. Plus, most of his roles are "stylized" and require lots of Fe. And his lifestyle is secluded -- he has moved to a place out in the French countryside, I believe -- far away from the excesses of Hollywood and celebrity lifestyle.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, gugu, I'm not entirely certain about Diane Keaton (I typed her before I began studying video interviews), and I can't rule out ESE for Craig Ferguson yet. He definitely does use a lot of Fe, but he seems to keep reverting to "serious" mode in between his displays of funniness. Also, he seems to convey a lot of insights, albeit with the exaggeratedly playful Fe style. I currently see him as an IEE who is using his 8th function a lot. I would like to see him interviewed by someone, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"he seems to keep reverting to "serious" mode in between his displays of funniness"

Ah, but that's exactly how ESE's operate(especially more mature ones). ESE's are bright, intelligent people. For them it is important the serious discussion, he often initiates it and shows himself interested in such. Likes to participate in debates. Likes to make concise witty commentaries which they always do whenever they find an opporunity. They are good at formulating and getting across their opinions. He is also funny but that's not the main point that he tries to do. The display of funnines is more like a tool (Fe is a tool) that is used consciously to get the audience's attention and orientate the discussion.