Thread: Ne frustrating?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ne frustrating?

From what I gather, seems frustrating. It could be just because I'm an type, but in seeing possibilities and potential in your environment, and then before completing that project moving on to another one you see potential in seems irritating and annoying to me. Obviously there's good things about too, but do any other people with in their egos find it frustrating?
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm fascinated by , but w/e.

Always having new ideas sounds great, if only types had more control over them.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It can be frustrating when too many possibilities are created. Then there's a temptation for hesitation and self-doubt because of the number of alternatives to consider, which creates another layer of frustration in itself.

It can be frustrating, yes.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne is most helpful for getting out of a stuck rut. it's mostly a mental exercise that can shift your perspective. you can't possibly realize all Ne ideas since there's just so many. so you can't take Ne to mean more than what it does.....simple brainstorming.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ne frustrating?

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    From what I gather, seems frustrating. It could be just because I'm an type, but in seeing possibilities and potential in your environment, and then before completing that project moving on to another one you see potential in seems irritating and annoying to me. Obviously there's good things about too, but do any other people with in their egos find it frustrating?
    The constant jumping from one thing to another does suck, though the 'spark' of seeing something exciting, new, and unrealized somewhere is very hard to resist, particularly when no one else seems to be seeing what you are. Sort of a moth to the flame type deal.

There are plenty of times when I wish I could just pack it in and . Getting stuff done is pretty kewl beans.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok this is a follow-up question- do you feel as if your ability for decision-making, following-through, and getting stuff done has improved either through your own life experiences and/or socionics' knowledge?
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok this is a follow-up question- do you feel as if your ability for decision-making, following-through, and getting stuff done has improved either through your own life experiences and/or socionics' knowledge?
    Both, though I think the socionics aspect has given it a more concrete and conscious form. Before I was just like, "alright, I'm really not accomplishing much here, not sure why, but I should probably just do something, anything." These days I have a clearer concept or context to put it all in. On the one hand, in explaining why other people don't have that same problems, but also in that I can point to something and say to myself that this is what I need to work on, that there are trade-offs involved, that my POV occupies only a small (but certainly an important) part of the bigger picture, that each of these talents we have serves some kind of purpose for each other, and that other people need us to be the kind of person we (eventually) find ourselves to be.

Hell of a run-on sentence there.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I think my decision-making can still be greatly improved. I think it has improved to some degree, but I still feel like I struggle with it in its discipline.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer
    Because of a combination of both I've come to realize I need to set aside whole days to get projects done.
    Like now, for instance.
    I cleared my whole schedule today to work on one little assignment
    due tomorrow morning. However I waited until 7:00 to start, wasting 9 whole
    hours staring a blank computer screen.
    It's just that one thought provokes another
    and then I realize hours have gone by and yet I'm still getting distracted by other ideas.

So in a way, NO, I have not improved whatsoever.
    But I've learned how to give myself extra time to become
    distracted without stress.
    That's right?

@ liveandletlive
    How many people are in your avatar? Is it three? I thought it was two but then I saw something in between that girl's knees and I think it's a head.
    ...unless I'm imaging a head in between her legs....
    uh...
    that's such a foreign concept to me that it's hard to even imagine being in a state like that. N is such a crazy/awesome thing. haha yeah there's me and 2 girls in the picture- one is kissing me and the other is pretending to conduct oral sex on my soda bottle penis.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

+Ne/-Ni and -Se/+Si are basically the same thing, when one values one they have to value the other. Types that use these functions usually have a hard time occupying themselves, they are usually looking for something very original(which they will probably never find). The fundamental difference can be seen when comparing ESTps to ESFps. ESFps stick with things. They keep with things, they like repetition. ESTps on the other hand start new things constantly; its almost as if ESTps do not want to stay attached to one thing continuously. This is the basic difference when comparing Alphas/Betas to Gammas/Deltas. Alphas/Betas like to start, the constantly start new tasks; but often at times lack the willpower or follow through to complete the tasks. Alphas/Betas value original components, or anything unique/stimulating. Gammas/Deltas prefer a constant. They have an easy time completing the tasks that they start, and usually stick with something for a long time. Their weakness is starting new things. They don't like to change from their task. Voluntarism is the word that Gulenko uses to describe that.

But then again, no one listens to me anyway.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because of a combination of both I've come to realize I need to set aside whole days to get projects done.
    Like now, for instance.
    and then I realize hours have gone by and yet I'm still getting distracted by other ideas.

So in a way, NO, I have not improved whatsoever.
    But I've learned how to give myself extra time to become
    distracted without stress.
    That's right?
    what you're probably doing whilst you stare at the computer screen is thinking and organizing your mind, almost subconsciously. i've done this, mostly when i was younger.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like . If it's in someone's ego block, I would hope they don't find it frustrating as it would suck to be continually frustrated with your leading or creative function.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still have trouble making decisions.

For example, where to go, I'd think;
    hmm, where should i go. i'd think of 1 place, then another, and go "hey, that's a pretty good idea. o! that reminds me, there's this other place with good xxx... err..." and it can go on for quite awhile.

I've realized that ISTps are pretty good at analyzing a particular situation and making decisions.
    Being around my ISTp friend take the stress of me trying to satisfy my super-id.
    Just recently, I was making a decision about changing jobs, because I was a job in a marine company. The marine industry here is growing, and it's a new company, so naturally they'd need people. But I've just started my job doing sales and wasn't sure if I should stay on or go over. Because the sales industry is something I think I'd do better in, since it provides more freedom for me and I'm paid according to how much I sell. And there is definitely potential to do really well. I was just ranting all these stuff to him, and he was like:
    "you should go to the marine company. at least give it a try. send your resume over, if you get it, go! since the prospects there are better and they're willing to sponsor your education if needed."
    And I was like.. Wow, he made it sound so easy. Anyway, he convinced me.

I do get stuff done............. after awhile.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    I still have trouble making decisions.

For example, where to go, I'd think;
    hmm, where should i go. i'd think of 1 place, then another, and go "hey, that's a pretty good idea. o! that reminds me, there's this other place with good xxx... err..." and it can go on for quite awhile.

I've realized that ISTps are pretty good at analyzing a particular situation and making decisions.
    Being around my ISTp friend take the stress of me trying to satisfy my super-id.
    Just recently, I was making a decision about changing jobs, because I was a job in a marine company. The marine industry here is growing, and it's a new company, so naturally they'd need people. But I've just started my job doing sales and wasn't sure if I should stay on or go over. Because the sales industry is something I think I'd do better in, since it provides more freedom for me and I'm paid according to how much I sell. And there is definitely potential to do really well. I was just ranting all these stuff to him, and he was like:
    "you should go to the marine company. at least give it a try. send your resume over, if you get it, go! since the prospects there are better and they're willing to sponsor your education if needed."
    And I was like.. Wow, he made it sound so easy. Anyway, he convinced me.

I do get stuff done............. after awhile.

that's funny what you said about istps- my enfp roommate and i always talk about how our istp is really good at making decisions- especially in emergencys and the like. i think it has to do with their closed-mindedness. our istp roommate is so smooth even when wasted- last weekend we through a huge party that got out of control and the cops came to our place. everyone was frozen and she single-handedly hid the keg, ripped down the happy 20th birthday signs, and told everyone who wasn't 21 to jump out the window. somehow we didn't get in trouble and it's all because of her
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like now, for instance.
    I always thought that this was just a result of less emphasis on Ni.. or knowing how long a process takes. I suppose ENTps should have a strong sense of this with strong unconscious Ni, so i dunno.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like now, for instance.
    That sounds a lot like me. Except I would be more likely to do the same thing over and over again in many different ways instead of just staring at the screen. First start doing it in one way, then figure out a better way, throw everything I've done away and start over...repeating this pattern until I'm running out of time and I HAVE TO finish the work. Only then I can push through to completion of one idea. I think when younger I used to just stare at the screen but since then I have learned that doing something is better than just letting the thoughts circulate in your head.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I've meaning to start work on my dissertation for a week now, and I can't be arsed to do it. One way of getting stuff done is to write a draft or an outline on a piece of paper, before going on the computer, cuz that way I can focus better...but I can't even be arsed to do that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington

Like now, for instance.
    I always thought that this was just a result of less emphasis on Ni.. or knowing how long a process takes. I suppose ENTps should have a strong sense of this with strong unconscious Ni, so i dunno.
    I don't think it is that much about knowing how long a process takes (or should take), it is about inability to stick to the predefined process and actually doing it .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    +Ne/-Ni and -Se/+Si are basically the same thing, when one values one they have to value the other. Types that use these functions usually have a hard time occupying themselves, they are usually looking for something very original(which they will probably never find). The fundamental difference can be seen when comparing ESTps to ESFps. ESFps stick with things. They keep with things, they like repetition. ESTps on the other hand start new things constantly; its almost as if ESTps do not want to stay attached to one thing continuously. This is the basic difference when comparing Alphas/Betas to Gammas/Deltas. Alphas/Betas like to start, the constantly start new tasks; but often at times lack the willpower or follow through to complete the tasks. Alphas/Betas value original components, or anything unique/stimulating. Gammas/Deltas prefer a constant. They have an easy time completing the tasks that they start, and usually stick with something for a long time. Their weakness is starting new things. They don't like to change from their task. Voluntarism is the word that Gulenko uses to describe that.

But then again, no one listens to me anyway.
    Hitta, how do you reconcile these values with the conventional description of LSI being very routine oriented and rigid? As a probable/partial LSI, I find myself following routines, but still very open to new ways of doing things, but just not spontaneously. As a beta (at least I think I'm beta) I do find it hard to finish tasks. Starting them is more fun. But, isn't that associated with N and not S? I'm just trying to understand.

Consider yourself listened to.
    type #33
    but maybe LSE, and maybe E3w4(p)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    It's why you have a mana bar, not a rage bar.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bibliophile8

speak for yourself.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17

speak for yourself.
    You just don't see it because you are unable to use logic.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

speak for yourself.
    So, hitta, are you going to answer my question(s)?
    type #33
    but maybe LSE, and maybe E3w4(p)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    It's why you have a mana bar, not a rage bar.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's easy to start things and follow through almost to their completion, it's when you're at the 95 percent that lazyness starts. I want an assistant to just finish the last 5 percent while I switch to something more interesting or new.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

speak for yourself.
    So, hitta, are you going to answer my question(s)?
    N and S are the same thing; N in the conscious is S in the unconscious. If one tries to be original(+Ne/-Ni conscious); they will have a need to rebel(-Se/+Si unconscious). If the person has a need to no follow authority; and tries to take over things(-Se/+Si); then the person will have a unconscious need to be creative with the things they do(+Ne/-Ni unconscious); also +Ne/-Ni unconscious leads to paranoia at times.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved