Thread: SLE/ESTp power and territory descriptions

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLE/ESTp power and territory descriptions

Something that doesn't resonate with me is this idea of power-grabbing or territory-conquering. I'm more vigilant of what I have, and am less expansive. I don't feel the need to be. I don't know why this is.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Maybe you are one of ESTp's subtypes I call "Lazy Beer-drinker ". I know a few, they are demanding of others but pretty easy-going and jokers.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty consistent with the Ti subtypes I know.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: x

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater
    Maybe you are one of ESTp's subtypes I call "Lazy Beer-drinker ". I know a few, they are demanding of others but pretty easy-going and jokers.
    I think you're more thinking of SEI's or ILI's

I know a SEI-4 girl which you can call a "lazy beer drinker"

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

I think there are two kinds of beer-drinkers: those who just drink quietly and those who drink and talk a lot at the same time
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Passive SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Something that doesn't resonate with me is this idea of power-grabbing or territory-conquering. I'm more vigilant of what I have, and am less expansive. I don't feel the need to be. I don't know why this is.
    First you criticize the MBTT notion of "Se" and refer to the differences between in Socionics and "Se" in MBTT to justify being an SLE, despite the fact that it does not coincide with your test results. And now you say that you don't identify with the part of that is the most obvious difference between "Se" and ...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it me, or does it seem that half of machintruc's posts try to demean women?
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard
    Is it me, or does it seem that half of machintruc's posts try to demean women?
    You mean you just noticed that??!!

INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I just decided to actually say something about it.

Oh well, I guess I was bound to run into a woman hater one of these days :/
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater
    Hey! I was involved with one of those ESTps! Totally alcoholic. Definitely Joker. That song describes him perfectly: "Joker, smoker, midnite toker...". Very VERY high strung. Paranoid (could've been all the toking) too. And completely emotionally unavailable. There existed a kind of emotional compatibility, but he'd never let me anywhere near his actual feelings.

I'd also have to admit he was the one that fouled my personal opinion of potential dual relationships. I'd much rather go with a more sensitive NF from now on.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune

I'd also have to admit he was the one that fouled my personal opinion of potential dual relationships. I'd much rather go with a more sensitive NF from now on.
    You just happened to find the wrong ESTP. There are lots of fun, good person ESTP's.

Remember there are a lot of golddigging manipulating NF people too.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    Remember there are a lot of golddigging manipulating NF people too.
    Truf.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    Hey! I was involved with one of those ESTps! Totally alcoholic.
    Is South Park's Kenny's dad one of those alcoholic SLE's ?

If E8, this is due to E8-E5 disintegrating. Especially for E89 more than E87.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when I read this post all I could think of was playing RISK (board game) lol
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    I know a SEI-4 girl which you can call a "lazy beer drinker"
    No you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    LIS.

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    If E8, this is due to E8-E5 disintegrating. Especially for E89 more than E87.
    In that case, I've been disintegrating a lot recently. I've also been secure at 2 a lot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by misutii
    when I read this post all I could think of was playing RISK (board game) lol
    Risk is a brilliant game. Have you played the PC version?

All I feel like doing right now is listening to music and getting high off it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I feel like doing right now is listening to music and getting high off it.
    no how does it compare to the board version? Have you tried Risk 2210? i played a couple games recently and it's different but I found it even more intriguing than the original. There's 5 types of generals, water and moon territories, and a 5 turn limit amongst other things. Before the last game my ENTj friend and I thought we were being smart and looked up a bunch of expert strategies online, agreeing to never share these with other people. By turn 3 of the following game we were the two major powers by a longshot (there was 4 players) but then, being the smart asses that we are, we both decided to take the moon at the same time, killed off over half of each other's armies, and both suffered one of the most humiliating defeats either of us has ever faced lol. by the way if you have played it, or are thinking of doing so but need motivation, then here is the best RISK 2210 argument/tactical debate/comedic raping the world will probably ever read: http://groups.msn.com/Risk2210/tacti...55522974023285
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe you just don't have a reason to. sure you CAN conquer new territories if you wanted to, but does that mean that you're going to? it's related to the whole p thing. thats how it is with me anyway- unless and until i need to do something i won't do it.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In that case, you could argue that Betas never have a need to get people to conform to their world view or personal vision. But they do.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In that case, you could argue that Betas never have a need to get people to conform to their world view or personal vision. But they do.
    IME with SLEs, this manipulation of sorts is based on need- whether in the present or possibly in the future.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    one of the invisible problems around here is that people value certain types over other more. they think extroverted is more successful and cool. bullshit. they only destroy the usefulness of this forum.
    True, but you're projecting because everyone has their own biases and you can't assume that there's some kind of invisible consensus about which types are "cool."

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're absolutely right that everyone has biases; I'm just questioning the notion that they're the same. If they're not, then I would hope that diversity of opinion would at least help balance things out, unless you're proposing that some people's ideas about the types have become more popular than others', in which case I would ask you whose opinion and which types.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're missing my point. What I'm saying is that, as you say, everyone does in fact have biases with regards to different types, and there's really nothing we can do about that. The thing is, people's biases are different, so when it comes to the discussions we have here on the forum, the differences in opinion will balance one another out and hopefully people outside of any one particular discussion will be able to be a little more objective. That's all. Now, I'm willing to acknowledge the possibility, if you would propose it, that people have exerted influence over popular opinion and that biases can be swayed, but in order for that to be a credible claim you would have to provide and support an example.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    IME with SLEs, this manipulation of sorts is based on need- whether in the present or possibly in the future.
    That's interesting. It fits in with how I am. I never was that interested in world domination.

As a Se-leading, how do you feel about satisfying your impulses?

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    one of the invisible problems around here is that people value certain types over other more.
    Agreed. I see a distinct favour of Te>Ti, and it's almost as if valuing Ti is a negative thing. For those that value Ti>Te also value Si>Se, so people like me basically get the raw end of the stick. The only time someone is in agreement with me is when they are an IEI, otherwise I'm making sweeping generalisations and totally untrue statements.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously being the best. Independence is what matters most. But I want money more than anything. I'm just not willing to sell my soul for it. I have values. I have morality. I have standards.