Thread: What is my type?:)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What is my type?:)

Can you help me with my type? I think I am an ENFp but I am not 100 percent sure. http://picasaweb.google.com/paulusze...ey=dHGXW6qGsHc
    These are some photos of mine, hope it might help.
    I am not well organized, I love people, I am interested in psychology and learning languages. I sometimes like sitting at home, resting, I am not very much out-going, althouh I am rather an extrovert

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cute.

You look ENFp to me.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the information you've given so far and the pictures, my first thought is ENFj.

The more you tell about yourself, the better. But rather things like -- say, what people do on occasion that particularly baffle, annoy or frustrate you; or the opposite, what is it that you most appreciate that people do, as in "why can't everybody be like that, all the time?"
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could be ENFp. But I started looking at the pictures thinking "probably ENFp". That's generally not good for VI because it takes away the creative freedom of trying to see you as any type. You actually also look quite ISFp! Yes, very much ISFp.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no So I am ******'s type. I don't think I am ENFj but maybe... What I don't like... I don't like when people are not nice to me, I don't like when they are insensitive. I am not very balanced I sometimes get angry when for example somebody ignores me and when I feel somehow abused. I like listening to people and I feel guilty when I talk too much about myself (like now) although I appreciate when somebody is willing to listen. But I always want to give them something in return. I am rather empathetic, sometimes too much and my friends say I care more about others than about myself. My bad qualities: lack of organization ( I am just terrible), I forget things easily, I hate being criticized (working on that) and I sometimes want to change people which I shouldn't do. I like spending time with my friends, talking a lot about life etc. I don't really like big parties. My best friends are ISFj, some INFjs (with whom I get on really well)and one ENTp. My boyfriend is INTj (or maybe I mistyped him? but we do not get on really well (fight a lot). I like being the center of attention, which I am not very proud of (still working on that). I am a vegetarian, I am in love with my dog. I like day-dreaming. Hm... I like helping people, listening to their problems and finding solutions. I behave like a child sometimes and I really like this trait with other people. I used to be in a short but stormy relationship with ESTp, with whom I was in love for a long time. I find people of this type extremely supportive.
    I like patient and tolerant people, I usually fall in live with T types.
    I like cuddling and in general I am rather warm... When I am angry I can say many thing that I regret later,sometimes I get angry without any obvious reason.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh. I'm starting to think ISFp. Sounds like a caregiver.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pauluch
    I hate being criticized (working on that)
    I know this is unpleasant - but kind of criticisms do you hate the most? On what?

Also, can you think of criticisms others do that would fit these descriptions:

- the kind of criticism that makes you go, "how can anyone care about that? It's true I'm not good at that, but why should I have to be? Is that really important?"

- the kind of criticism that makes you go, "that's true, I'm really not as good in that as I should be".

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am definitely not S... Maybe my descritpion is subjective. I asked a friend for a short description of me:

"You are cheerful and spontaneous but sometimes moody. You don't care too much about order and like to live close to nature. You care about the whole environment and also for every particular small bird or mammal. "

Now, it might be subjective as well I should ask for a description somebody who doesn't like me

One of my friends is ISFp (if I didn't mistype her) and we get on really well but we are a lot different. She loves order, she is perfectly organized. I usually decide in the morning that I am sleepy and I don't go to the univeristy. I am famous for that

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am definitely not S... Maybe my descritpion is subjective. I asked a friend for a short description of me:

"You are cheerful and spontaneous but sometimes moody. You don't care too much about order and like to live close to nature. You care about the whole environment and also for every particular small bird or mammal. "

Now, it might be subjective as well I should ask for a description somebody who doesn't like me

One of my friends is ISFp (if I didn't mistype her) and we get on really well but we are a lot different. She loves order, she is perfectly organized. I usually decide in the morning that I am sleepy and I don't go to the univeristy. I am famous for that
    In socionics, "S" is not related to being organized, necessarily.

What you described above is perfectly consistent with being ISFp in socionics. But please do answer the other questions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say ISFp as well.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote="Expat"]
    - the kind of criticism that makes you go, "how can anyone care about that? It's true I'm not good at that, but why should I have to be? Is that really important?"

- the kind of criticism that makes you go, "that's true, I'm really not as good in that as I should be".
    First one: mess, forgetting things, criticizing others for what I am myself (sic!). When criticized, I usually thing the person hates me, doesn't accept me etc.

The second one: When I criticize myself or in terms of relationship, when I make sb sad without realizing tthat

I prefer being criticized in a subtle way, being it rather care than criticizm.

You know I realize how stupid it is what I think and how I react but that's me, I really like people who care. Criticizm is easier to bear when you know that the person does for you, to help you etc

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First one: mess, forgetting things, criticizing others for what I am myself (sic!). When criticized, I usually thing the person hates me, doesn't accept me etc.
    One question on "mess". From your pictures, it seems that you enjoy looking good in a nice picture, and pleasant surroundings; and that you appreciate the aesthetic value of a picture. Don't you also enjoy being in aesthetically-pleasant surroundings? Or are you talking about a very specific form of "mess"?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are some kind of Fe type.
    Why do you think you are definitely an extrovert?
    LSI

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit
    I think you are some kind of Fe type.
    I think that's as good as certain.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, I think I am extraverted because I am very talkative, I cannot really hide what I think I show affection very easily although I hate superficial "hello kisses". Maybe I am not very loud but when in good mood and with people who like me I talk about myself a lot, I like analyzing feeling etc. I don't break realtionships easily but I change jobs often, it's enough that I don't like the atmosphere. I really like being appreciated although when I do something for others that's not the reason. I have problems with deadlines.
    As for my mess, it's not that I like it though creative mess does not disturb me. But I make it really easily, I think I am gifted.
    I think I might have been an introvert when I was a child. I used to read one book per day I loved "Anne of Green Gables", Julius Verne etc.
    I think many people believe I am a bit peculiar, maybe even eccentric and crazy, I always have my own point of view. I know that it goes on some people's nerves as well. They think I am not serious, irresponsible etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They think I am not serious, irresponsible etc.
    Alpha!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, I think I am extraverted because I am very talkative, I cannot really hide what I think I show affection very easily although I hate superficial "hello kisses".
    In socionics, that indicates that you are strong in Extraverted Feeling, without being necessarily of an extroverted type. Yes you can be a socionics introvert and still act "extroverted" in the way you described.

Maybe I am not very loud but when in good mood and with people who like me I talk about myself a lot, I like analyzing feeling etc. I don't break realtionships easily but I change jobs often, it's enough that I don't like the atmosphere.
    That's a Fe-Si statement.

I really like being appreciated although when I do something for others that's not the reason. I have problems with deadlines.
    As for my mess, it's not that I like it though creative mess does not disturb me. But I make it really easily, I think I am gifted.
    I think I might have been an introvert when I was a child. I used to read one book per day I loved "Anne of Green Gables", Julius Verne etc.
    I think many people believe I am a bit peculiar, maybe even eccentric and crazy, I always have my own point of view. I know that it goes on some people's nerves as well. They think I am not serious, irresponsible etc.
    Yes ISFp sounds very likely.

Don't worry about the "extraverted" or "S" things.

Another possiblity would be ESFj, but they are not usually seen as not serious, irresponsible, etc (not that ISFps generally are -- just thinking of what makes the most sense overall).

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what, I analyzed it and it seems impossible that I am ISFp. The description just doesn't fit me. I like people but I am rather not a mediator, actually ENFp fits a little more. The duality description ISFp ENTp doesn't fit my relationship with my friend (but it's only friendship so maybe that's why). I have never had a crush on him though we have know each other for about 8 years.
    The part of ENFp description with routine suits me perfectly. I just hate routine, I cannot stand it and I get bored really easily. I am attracted to people in the beginning but then I just lose my interest.
    As for ISFps being in the middle - rarely am I. I usually have stron opinions about things. And I rather get on well with ENTjs...
    Do you really belive I would make such a mistake in typing? These types aren't that similar.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which descriptions are you reading? They sound like Myers-Briggs rather than socionics.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, I think I am extraverted because I am very talkative, I cannot really hide what I think I show affection very easily although I hate superficial "hello kisses".
    THIS PART sounds like it could be ENFp. We show our feelings on our faces. It could be either Fe or creative Fi in my opinion. Superficial "hello kisses" seem Fe-ish to me, and you don't like those, but I'm not sure specifically how ISFps feel about that. I know I don't really like it and I'm ENFp. But maybe ISFps don't really like it either.

Maybe I am not very loud but when in good mood and with people who like me I talk about myself a lot, I like analyzing feeling etc. I don't break realtionships easily but I change jobs often, it's enough that I don't like the atmosphere.
    The "don't like the atmosphere" thing is what's got people screaming Fe for you, and it does really sound Fe. It sounds like maybe English isn't your first language? If you used different words, it might not trigger the Fe reaction so much, but it's hard to not think of you as Fe when you say stuff like that. The rest of it sounds like it could very well be ENFp.

I really like being appreciated although when I do something for others that's not the reason. I have problems with deadlines.
    This again could be ENFp or ISFp. It's a bit vague. It could be one of a lot of types.

This could be either ENFp or ISFp too. Or maybe something else. Anyway, ISFps are introverts that can come off a bit extraverted, and ENFps are extraverts that can come off a bit introverted.

OK so I think you could be either - I don't think anything you've said rules out either - but I would say at this point ISFp is more likely than ENFp, largely because of the choice of the word "atmosphere". That sounds so Fe-ish.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man you came outta nowhere didn't ya?

Just read up a bit on the functions, and which ever sounds closest to you, you probably are.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard

Just read up a bit on the functions, and which ever sounds closest to you, you probably are.
    lol. Don't we all love how ISTps can simplify even the most difficult issues!
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. I am reading descriptions from socionics.com
    2. English is not my first language but it's a pity you've noticed
    I will have to read more about ISFp but many things about ENFp fit me really, I considered also ESFj but just in the beginning. The thing about attracting opposite sex is true about me. I mean I do not really flirt with people but they think I do. I've started to behave cold because it causes me many troubled . I love spontainity, my mother always says that I wanted everybody to "look at me" when I was a child but she also says that I took care of every sick cat andt I brought them home (btw we have fourteen cats now because they had kittens and we don't know what to do with them). I always wanted to be very independent but I need people like the air I just cannot imagine life without them. When I sit alone at home I somehow lose my mind. As for my ENTp firend, we do not really attract each other, mostly because he likes girls wearing high- heeled and jackets and I am not (he is wearing suits and I prefer casual clothes ). I think I am attracted to Se and T . I identified with ENFp silly switch and the fact that they are not like "teddy bear" (and that's how people perceive them). I am going to start reading more about ISFps and maybe I'll find it out. Btw it's a good way to stop thinking about learning

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, let's take another look at ISFp and ENFp.

The thing is -- what is clear in you is a Si preference, emotion-creating ethics. They fit both ISFp and ENFp, and maybe the "Fe" impression is wrong -- but what you said about your bf does seem more like an ISFp rather than ENFp would see an ISTp (assuming he's one).

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I am ENFp he cannot be ISTp. I know one ISTp (if he is the one) with whom I get on really well. I am mostly impressed by my boyfriend and I believed he was the one that really loved me(after stormy relationship with ESTp I really needed it) and he gives me the feeling of security. But I am sure it cannot be duality realtionship. We are a lot different. He is like a man and I am like a woman Maybe all of my photos were posed... I don't know but my intuition tells me that I cannot be S.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. I am reading descriptions from socionics.com
    2. English is not my first language but it's a pity you've noticed
    I will have to read more about ISFp but many things about ENFp fit me really, I considered also ESFj but just in the beginning. The thing about attracting opposite sex is true about me. I mean I do not really flirt with people but they think I do. I've started to behave cold because it causes me many troubled . I love spontainity, my mother always says that I wanted everybody to "look at me" when I was a child but she also says that I took care of every sick cat andt I brought them home (btw we have fourteen cats now because they had kittens and we don't know what to do with them). I always wanted to be very independent but I need people like the air I just cannot imagine life without them. When I sit alone at home I somehow lose my mind. As for my ENTp firend, we do not really attract each other, mostly because he likes girls wearing high- heeled and jackets and I am not (he is wearing suits and I prefer casual clothes ). I think I am attracted to Se and T . I identified with ENFp silly switch and the fact that they are not like "teddy bear" (and that's how people perceive them). I am going to start reading more about ISFps and maybe I'll find it out. Btw it's a good way to stop thinking about learning
    What is a "silly switch"? Is that some kind of MBTI term? I think, what ever it is, is most likely linked to Fe in socionics. Anyway, try these sites for information

http://www.socionics.us/index.shtml
    http://www.socioniko.net/en/index.html
    http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...ikisocion_home

try starting first by familiarizing yourself with certain aspect you saw but I presume don't really understand like quadra and so on

later, if you get more into socioncis try reading this introduction

http://www.socioniko.net/en/articles/lytovs-intro1.html

from the second suggested site. It should give you a complete start for understanding socionics.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The description from socionics.com http://www.socionics.com/articles/unenfp.html fits me perfectly, just literally each and every sentence

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The boyfriend could be an INTp too.

The "silly switch" is an F + Ne thing. We can be serious, but then we can get goofy too. It's just a silly term to try to describe the descent into goofiness.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom

The "silly switch" is an F + Ne thing. We can be serious, but then we can get goofy too. It's just a silly term to try to describe the descent into goofiness.
    Sounds like a beta transition from seriousness to goofiness to me. I don't remember seeing anything like that in delta descriptions. But personally I think it's not related to any particular type. For example, I'd say a LSI friend has a silly switch which happens when we get together. It could just be a response to your activity partner.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The description from socionics.com http://www.socionics.com/articles/unenfp.html fits me perfectly, just literally each and every sentence
    I wouldn't put too much trust in the descriptions at socionics.com, though on the other hand I must say that I identify with that one very much as well. Their descriptions are generally not the best. Try this one.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom

Sounds like a beta transition from seriousness to goofiness to me. I don't remember seeing anything like that in delta descriptions. But personally I think it's not related to any particular type. For example, I'd say a LSI friend has a silly switch which happens when we get together. It could just be a response to your activity partner.
    Not only betas have transitions from seriousness to goofyneses - it describes this delta transition as well. Yes, many types could act in that way.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard

lol. Don't we all love how ISTps can simplify even the most difficult issues!
    It's a gift

And paulagramachio(sp?), I read something was off in your english but wouldn't have guessed it was your second language. Sorry I really can't offer any more advice on other types.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read this entire thread, and what she's saying relates with ENFp rather than my type, even though a lot is ISFp.

Do you have a dislike for authority? or does your "silly switch" come on only around people you know well, and you are more conserved about people you do not know well?
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate authority and hierarchy. I believe everybody is and should be equal. As for the silly switch, hm I feel better with people I know well, though when I am on a party or in a pub where I meet some new people I become the centre of attention. I know I shouldn't be proud of that. But it's nice. I feel that I am having my time then.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate authority and hierarchy. I believe everybody is and should be equal. As for the silly switch, hm I feel better with people I know well, though when I am on a party or in a pub where I meet some new people I become the centre of attention. I know I shouldn't be proud of that. But it's nice. I feel that I am having my time then.
    Right on
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions --

1) when you're hanging around with your bf, which of you is more likely to think of different things to do?

2) are you ok with following a minimal set of rules and regulations (at work, school etc) or rules and regulations annoy you generally?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat

2) are you ok with following a minimal set of rules and regulations (at work, school etc) or rules and regulations annoy you generally?
    Agreed, rules just annoying you in general is a ENFp trait, while ISFp don't really like rules, but we can and will follow them.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hm, I hate rules and I've always had problems with that. I always played truant when I was at school (even in the primary school). When I started my studies, I thought it wouldn't be a problem any more but it is! As I study linguistics, there are many obligatory classes.
    When I am with my bf, I usually have more ideas, I never run out of them, however, I would like him to take the initiative sometimes. I don't know why but I think he might be INTj with a strong influence of something else. Is it possible that I am ENFp with an influence of ISFp?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always played truant when I was at school (even in the primary school).
    Very ENFp there. It seems my ENFp friends are gone at least once a week from school, and when they return, they discuss the act with a bit of passion, which I cannot fathom.

I'm quite certain you're a ENFp, maybe some ISFp in you, but ENFp's are quite caring by nature.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, it looks like ENFp makes the most sense. In that case sorry for the "derailing" but a few things you said did suggest ISFp.

Your bf may be INTp then instead ISTp -- so far what you said of him strongly suggests one of the two.

If you are ENFp-INTp, you are in a relationship of Illusion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast