Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 56

Thread: Reuben's Type

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Reuben's Type

    I have discovered lately that the sort of person I believe Reuben to be, is not necessarily of the ISTP type. I am not sure what his type is, but I will try to find it in this thread. Any pics of him would be useful.
    fiona

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ruben McNew is INFj
    If you disagree I'm afraid you are gay

  3. #3
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    definitely not ST
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Everyone should think that ENFp is clearly the most likely type for Reuben. Any other type is much less likely, and therefore it is a mistake to think that he is another type. If you don't agree with me, you are ... yes ... incompetent.

  5. #5
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    humor?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    humor?
    No, of course not. I am totally incompetent in that area. Doesn't everybody know that?

  7. #7
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So why would disagreeing with you make someone else incompetent?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    So why would disagreeing with you make someone else incompetent?
    Because I said that we should think that Reuben is most likely an ENFp, and he is most likely and ENFp, and there is no other type that it is equally reasonable to think that he is.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    So why would disagreeing with you make someone else incompetent?
    Because I said that we should think that Reuben is most likely an ENFp, and he is most likely and ENFp, and there is no other type that it is equally reasonable to think that he is.
    do you even remotely realize how subjective this is? sure there possibly is a best fit for McNew's type. but don't you realize how many different facets there are to consider before arriving at it?
    Do you know how many times his type has been discussed on this forum and how much material there is on his type that has already been considered thoroughly before reaching that conclusion?

  10. #10
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Delta NF is what he's cited as by most on this forum. If you look at his video he posted once, I think IEE is more likely than EII.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  11. #11
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,337
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    So why would disagreeing with you make someone else incompetent?
    Because I said that we should think that Reuben is most likely an ENFp, and he is most likely and ENFp, and there is no other type that it is equally reasonable to think that he is.
    except that he, himself, goes back and forth between entp and enfp. (though admittedly has stayed as enfp longer most recently)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  12. #12
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    from the way he looked in that town walk video i think he is enfp
    You could be right, Dee.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  13. #13
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,938
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Ruben McNew is INFj
    If you disagree I'm afraid you are gay
    I THINK I LOVE YOU
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

  14. #14
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    So why would disagreeing with you make someone else incompetent?
    Because I said that we should think that Reuben is most likely an ENFp, and he is most likely and ENFp, and there is no other type that it is equally reasonable to think that he is.
    nice Se (+ Ti) assertion that lacks any functional concept of Ne
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  15. #15
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    from the way he looked in that town walk video i think he is enfp
    You could be right, Dee.
    did u just change what i wrote? i said ENTJ.
    Nope
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    So why would disagreeing with you make someone else incompetent?
    Because I said that we should think that Reuben is most likely an ENFp, and he is most likely and ENFp, and there is no other type that it is equally reasonable to think that he is.
    nice Se (+ Ti) assertion that lacks any functional concept of Ne
    No. It is a rather typical expression of a Te-based perspective.

  17. #17
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Show me examples. (Something like this perhaps?)
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  18. #18
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    No. It is a rather typical expression of a Te-based perspective.
    (btw, if you wanted to find support for this theory, you could find ample support among the Beta ST's over at socionix. They'll tell you allllllllllllll about how the style of assertions you use are "Te".)
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  19. #19
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    So why would disagreeing with you make someone else incompetent?
    Because I said that we should think that Reuben is most likely an ENFp, and he is most likely and ENFp, and there is no other type that it is equally reasonable to think that he is.
    nice Se (+ Ti) assertion that lacks any functional concept of Ne
    No. It is a rather typical expression of a Te-based perspective.

    You really think that's Te? "He fits into my personal system in this way, and therefore he is this way, and any reasonable person will see it"???? That sounds like Te to you?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    You really think that's Te? "He fits into my personal system in this way, and therefore he is this way, and any reasonable person will see it"???? That sounds like Te to you?
    That's not what I said. First you misinterpret my original words, then you rephrase them in your own words in order to satisfy your personal needs. I talked about estimations of likelihood and what is reasonable to think (indirectly implying that the empirical grounds for believing anything else are insufficient). What quadra and what type(s) do you associate that kind of thinking with?

  21. #21
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    No. It is a rather typical expression of a Te-based perspective.
    (btw, if you wanted to find support for this theory, you could find ample support among the Beta ST's over at socionix. They'll tell you allllllllllllll about how the style of assertions you use are "Te".)
    No. Phaedrus isn't or or . He's just plain stupid, and that's all there is to it.

    (By the way, it's not like Socionix would actually give him the time of day, anyways.)
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    No. Phaedrus isn't or or . He's just plain stupid, and that's all there is to it.

    (By the way, it's not like Socionix would actually give him the time of day, anyways.)
    There you have a typical example of an -related statement, Joy. Go to the wikisocion page again, and compare them. Do you see the differences between Herzy's statement and mine?

  23. #23
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    from the way he looked in that town walk video i think he is enfp
    You could be right, Dee.
    did u just change what i wrote? i said ENFP.
    Nope
    yes! wtf??
    Good, you agree with me. You're probably right, anyways.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  24. #24
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    No. Phaedrus isn't or or . He's just plain stupid, and that's all there is to it.

    (By the way, it's not like Socionix would actually give him the time of day, anyways.)
    There you have a typical example of an -related statement, Joy. Go to the wikisocion page again, and compare them. Do you see the differences between Herzy's statement and mine?
    I see the difference between creative Se and Se dominance.

    Of course, I could be wrong. You could be IEI or some other similar type. It doesn't really matter. I just wanted to point out how your assertion sounded extremely Se + Ti (with unvalued and probably weak Ne) to me.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I just wanted to point out how your assertion sounded extremely Se + Ti (with unvalued and probably weak Ne) to me.
    And my point was that that is a misinterpretation of yours. It does not in fact sound extremely Se + Ti, and I had hoped that you would realize that if you looked at how the manifestations of those functions are explained and exemplified on the wikisocion or on Rick's site.

    Almost none of my statements made on this forum is similar to Herzy's above in a way that is relevant to your functions hypothesis. Don't you notice, for example, our essential differences in relation to the Merry/Serious dichotomy? Don't you see our differences in perspective? Herzy is trying to exclude someone from the group, whereas very few of my statements are expressed from such a perspective but instead from my own perspective as an individual.

  26. #26
    cunnilingus epilepsy inducer
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,429
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Everyone should think that ENFp is clearly the most likely type for Reuben. Any other type is much less likely, and therefore it is a mistake to think that he is another type. If you don't agree with me, you are ... yes ... incompetent.
    Why do you think that he's a ENFp?

    And to joy and others there is no real sign of Se + Ti here. He's basically saying "I'm right, you're wrong and that makes you stupid" and every single type probably thinks that about something.

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by electric
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Everyone should think that ENFp is clearly the most likely type for Reuben. Any other type is much less likely, and therefore it is a mistake to think that he is another type. If you don't agree with me, you are ... yes ... incompetent.
    Why do you think that he's a ENFp?
    Because I have analyzed his test results and his typical behaviours and attitudes as he describes them, I have analyzed his writing style, I have watched the videos of him where you can see him walk and talk, etc. Why don't you go through all that material for yourself? Most of it, and the discussions relating to it, are probably still available on this forum if you make a search on it.

  28. #28
    cunnilingus epilepsy inducer
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,429
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by electric
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Everyone should think that ENFp is clearly the most likely type for Reuben. Any other type is much less likely, and therefore it is a mistake to think that he is another type. If you don't agree with me, you are ... yes ... incompetent.
    Why do you think that he's a ENFp?
    Because I have analyzed his test results and his typical behaviours and attitudes as he describes them, I have analyzed his writing style, I have watched the videos of him where you can see him walk and talk, etc. Why don't you go through all that material for yourself? Most of it, and the discussions relating to it, are probably still available on this forum if you make a search on it.
    I was asking for you own interpretation of all the material that made you come up with the conclusion that he's a ENFp.

    What about his behaviour and attitude makes you think that he's a ENFp?
    What about his writing style looks ENFp to you?
    What about the videos of him make him seem ENFp?

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by electric
    I was asking for you own interpretation of all the material that made you come up with the conclusion that he's a ENFp.

    What about his behaviour and attitude makes you think that he's a ENFp?
    What about his writing style looks ENFp to you?
    What about the videos of him make him seem ENFp?
    I won't do that. It requires too much work. You see it, if you have a correct understanding of the types and bother to look at the material.

  30. #30
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I just wanted to point out how your assertion sounded extremely Se + Ti (with unvalued and probably weak Ne) to me.
    And my point was that that is a misinterpretation of yours. It does not in fact sound extremely Se + Ti, and I had hoped that you would realize that if you looked at how the manifestations of those functions are explained and exemplified on the wikisocion or on Rick's site.

    Almost none of my statements made on this forum is similar to Herzy's above in a way that is relevant to your functions hypothesis. Don't you notice, for example, our essential differences in relation to the Merry/Serious dichotomy? Don't you see our differences in perspective? Herzy is trying to exclude someone from the group, whereas very few of my statements are expressed from such a perspective but instead from my own perspective as an individual.
    k

    (We obviously aren't going to reach an agreement, this was clear from the start. I'm not interested in debating with you.)
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    (We obviously aren't going to reach an agreement, this was clear from the start. I'm not interested in debating with you.)
    Then be silent ...

  32. #32
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'll post my opinions on things you say whenever I'd like. You may respond or not respond to me whenever you'd like. If you do respond, I may respond or not respond to you whenever I'd like. You may also post your opinions on things I say whenever you'd like, and I may respond or not respond to you whenever I'd like. You may respond or not respond to my response whenever you'd like. See how it works?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  33. #33
    cunnilingus epilepsy inducer
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,429
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by electric
    I was asking for you own interpretation of all the material that made you come up with the conclusion that he's a ENFp.

    What about his behaviour and attitude makes you think that he's a ENFp?
    What about his writing style looks ENFp to you?
    What about the videos of him make him seem ENFp?
    I won't do that. It requires too much work. You see it, if you have a correct understanding of the types and bother to look at the material.
    Not everybody interprets everything the same way. That's why I asked you for your reasoning behind typing him a ENFp. But if you can't be bothered to make a case that's fine.

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I'll post my opinions on things you say whenever I'd like. You may respond or not respond to me whenever you'd like. If you do respond, I may respond or not respond to you whenever I'd like. You may also post your opinions on things I say whenever you'd like, and I may respond or not respond to you whenever I'd like. You may respond or not respond to my response whenever you'd like. See how it works?



    Don't mind me.
    INTp
    sx/sp

  35. #35
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I'll post my opinions on things you say whenever I'd like. You may respond or not respond to me whenever you'd like. If you do respond, I may respond or not respond to you whenever I'd like. You may also post your opinions on things I say whenever you'd like, and I may respond or not respond to you whenever I'd like. You may respond or not respond to my response whenever you'd like. See how it works?
    Flawless.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  36. #36
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's about time.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  37. #37
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  38. #38
    Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Former USSR (global nomad)
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    2,050
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I'll post my opinions on things you say whenever I'd like. You may respond or not respond to me whenever you'd like. If you do respond, I may respond or not respond to you whenever I'd like. You may also post your opinions on things I say whenever you'd like, and I may respond or not respond to you whenever I'd like. You may respond or not respond to my response whenever you'd like. See how it works?
    Flawless.
    That should go on the LIE page at wikisocion...
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

  39. #39
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  40. #40
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •