2 15.38%
  • INTp - Left brain/auditory learner

4 30.77%
  • INTp - Right brain/visual learner

6 46.15%

Thread: Brain Hemispheres Test (Gamma)

Hybrid View

Default Brain Hemispheres Test (Gamma)

The following is an experiment of mine. Only take this test if you are an INTROTIM. There is a specific reason why I only want to see the results of introtims. When you are finished taking it, check the box in the poll that applies to you.

Here is the test:

http://similarminds.com/brain.html
    Classical socionics: (), ILI-Ni
    Dual-type theory: INTp-ENTp

5w6 sp/sx
    MBTI: INTJ

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brain Lateralization Test Results

Right Brain |||||||||| 40%
    Left Brain |||||||||||| 42%
    *results won't usually add up to 100% as this test measures each side seperately

Left brain dominant individuals are more orderly, literal, articulate, and to the point. They are good at understanding directions and anything that is explicit and logical. They can have trouble comprehending emotions and abstract concepts, they can feel lost when things are not clear, doubting anything that is not stated and proven.

Right brain dominant individuals are more visual and intuitive. They are better at summarizing multiple points, picking up on what's not said, visualizing things, and making things up. They can lack attention to detail, directness, organization, and the ability to explain their ideas verbally, leaving them unable to communicate effectively.

Overall you appear to have fairly Equal Hemispheres

-----------------------------------------

According to Darwinian theory, optimal evolution takes place with random variation and selective retention. The evolution savvy individual will try many different approaches when faced with a problem and select the best of those approaches. Many historical intellectuals have confessed their advantage was simply considering/exploring/trying more approaches than others. The left brain dominant type suffers from limited approaches, narrow-mindedness. The right brain dominant type suffers from too many approaches, scatterbrained. To maintain balanced hemispheres, you need to exercise both variability and selection. Just as a company will have more chance of finding a great candidate by increasing their applicant pool, an individual who considers a wider set of options is more likely to make quality decisions.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this test is crap.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right Brain |||||||||||||||||| 72%
    Left Brain |||||| 30%

niffweed, why is it crap, lol? I seriously didn't figure you for left-brain. as for the questions, I thought they were appropriate and that most NP's should score right-brain.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    this test is crap.
    says the balanced brain
    lol
    type #33
    but maybe LSE, and maybe E3w4(p)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    It's why you have a mana bar, not a rage bar.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng

niffweed, why is it crap, lol?
    because it measures a myriad of variables and tendencies that have nothing to do with each other.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because it measures a myriad of variables and tendencies that have nothing to do with each other.
    not exactly sure what you mean, but the dichotomies seemed pretty clear to me. It touched on organization, routine, rules, creativity (or lack thereof). feel free to post a link to a better test.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Right Brain |||||||||||||| 56%
    Left Brain |||||||||| 32%
    Please submit this preference in the poll. Otherwise, suffer the pain (or pleasure, if you will, depending on your personal taste) of having a moose shoved up your left nostril.

5w6 sp/sx

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not exactly sure what you mean, but the dichotomies seemed pretty clear to me. It touched on organization, routine, rules, creativity (or lack thereof). feel free to post a link to a better test.
    not exactly. i would like to get rid of rules, as well, which do not fit with my conception of this.

i don't know what right-brain/left-brain is even supposed to measure anyway. it's extremely arbitrary.

i don't know what right-brain/left-brain is even supposed to measure anyway. it's extremely arbitrary.
    It is supposed to measure which hemisphere of your brain you have a preference over, taking into consideration the fact that each of the two hemispheres is responsible for different functions.

5w6 sp/sx

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

niffweed, why is it crap, lol?
    +1
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast IX
    the fact that each of the two hemispheres is responsible for different functions.
    an insane hypothesis. what correlations there might be are completely butchered by this test.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is not arbitrary, and is an important area of study in psychology.

a left-brain person learns more factually and sequentially. They tend to think in a more linear manner and dislike ambiguity. They typically have strong grammar skills and are very articulate. They also gravitate towards routine, organization and structure because it minimizes ambiguity and keeps things under control. They are literal and to-the-point. They are practical people. weaknesses include: not seeing the big picture, getting stuck in a rut, lacking imagination and creativity.

right-brain individuals learn conceptually, in leaps, so to speak. They can understand the general idea of something and apply it, regardless of working through actual problems. they are more visual and spatially oriented and tend to be more artistic/creative. they see the big picture and are sometimes labeled "dreamy" or "scatterbrained." They are unconventional and independent. weaknesses include: disorganization, lack of motivation, not grasping practicalities of their abstract ideas.

I realize this sounds like a S/N dichotomy, but it is what I have gathered from all of my readings on the subject, and is pretty much correct. One must take into account that there is a grey area and that strengths and weaknesses are not always perfectly categorized.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this doesn't remotely sound like an S/N dichotomy. if you go by this test it has enough variation in the IM elements it refers to not to be socionically related at all.

i'm not a psychology researcher, and i don't know the validity of all of this on actual brain functioning, but most of this seems like it's a completely fabricated mechanism to describe a motley assortment different qualities and characteristics that have no inherent relations to each other.

my personal results on this test would support that idea.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this doesn't remotely sound like an S/N dichotomy. if you go by this test it has enough variation in the IM elements it refers to not to be socionically related at all.

i'm not a psychology researcher, and i don't know the validity of all of this on actual brain functioning, but most of this seems like it's a completely fabricated mechanism to describe a motley assortment different qualities and characteristics that have no inherent relations to each other.

my personal results on this test would support that idea.
    maybe you should take a few more tests that don't ask about behavioral traits, but rather actual ways of thinking, before claiming that certain results support an idea that is based primarily on frustration over a dissonance.

I can assure you it is not fabricated. You are aware that there are two hemispheres of the brain, right? ok.

the problem with tests on similarminds.com is that they ask you questions about your behavior, so, for example, an INTp who has good organizational habits will come out INTj.

I realize this sounds like a S/N dichotomy, but it is what I have gathered from all of my readings on the subject, and is pretty much correct. One must take into account that there is a grey area and that strengths and weaknesses are not always perfectly categorized.
    In MBTI, at least, P is meant to correlate roughly with the right hemisphere, while left with J. MBTI P/J is different from Socionics rationality/irrationality.

5w6 sp/sx

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the problem with tests on similarminds.com is that they ask you questions about your behavior, so, for example, an INTp who has good organizational habits will come out INTj.
    yes. precisely.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right Brain |||||||||| 40%
    Left Brain |||||||||||||| 52%

yep, crap
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right Brain ||||||||||||| 50%
    Left Brain ||||||||||||| 50%

I always get 50-50 on these tests.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Right Brain |||||||||||||| 52%
    Left Brain |||||||||||||| 54%
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right Brain |||||| 26%
    Left Brain |||||||||||||||| 64%

Not very balanced am I?
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not a large enough, or general enough sample size; and not an accurate enough test

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right Brain |||||||||||||| 52%
    Left Brain |||||||||||| 42%

I don't know what the hell happened to 6% of my brain.

Edit: Ah, just read the disclaimer.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teh results
    Right Brain |||||||||||| 42%
    Left Brain |||||||||||||| 52%

*results won't usually add up to 100% as this test measures each side seperately

Left brain dominant individuals are more orderly, literal, articulate, and to the point. They are good at understanding directions and anything that is explicit and logical. They can have trouble comprehending emotions and abstract concepts, they can feel lost when things are not clear, doubting anything that is not stated and proven.

Right brain dominant individuals are more visual and intuitive. They are better at summarizing multiple points, picking up on what's not said, visualizing things, and making things up. They can lack attention to detail, directness, organization, and the ability to explain their ideas verbally, leaving them unable to communicate effectively.

Overall you appear to be Left Brain Dominant
    Having trouble comprehending abstract concepts? Gee, that sure throws my Ni out of the window now doesn't it? Better carve the Ne out of my Id block too. Oh no, I'm missing two functions now! *Model A collapses*
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances