Thread: the best romantic gift for INTj

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default the best romantic gift for INTj

Hi everybody. I am ENFp and I am looking for a romantic gift for my INTj boyfriend. I know INTjs like gadgets but I would like to give him something very personal, something that could make his Fi work.
    Maybe a book with nice dedication, I don'r thing a picture would work. Something funny but romantic, maybe something I could do myself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is something music-related an option?
    type #33
    but maybe LSE, and maybe E3w4(p)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    It's why you have a mana bar, not a rage bar.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes of course though I would prefer no to sing anything myself (for obvious reason)
    Thanks for reply

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you have to find it yourself. LII's like when you remain natural.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My father and one of my good friends are both LII, and they love dialog and discussion. My father also loves to read.

In my opinion, a book that would draw his interest would be the best option.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fellatio

+Fi, +Si, ..... I'm saying it because sometimes INTjs won't ask for things like that, even though they appreciate it.
    Or maybe you could like give him a more tangible lasting gift, and then a special treat.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yomama
    Last edited by betterthandead; 08-02-2008 at 03:33 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by betterthandead
    Ask him directly what he wants and tell him your budget.
    No don't do that. It means more if it's a surprise specially from you, chosen by you. Then there's almost a sense of magic.
    type #33
    but maybe LSE, and maybe E3w4(p)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    It's why you have a mana bar, not a rage bar.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

intj's appreciate functional, thoughtful gifts. they can have a sentimental touch but the sentimental touch should be kind of obvious or they won't get it. i would not try to reach into the Fi of an intj....much better off with some kind of Fe demonstration. this way they can read your emotions.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your advice, all very useful. Although today I am starting to think if my supervisor deserves a gift, cause I sometimes feel aI am the "giver" and he is the "receiver".
    I hate all INTjs today.
    Btw what do you think about this relationship ENFp - INTj. We have known each other for 8 years now. He had a big crush on me in the high school, but I began to consider it after some years. We have been together for 3 years now and this relationship is really weird... Sometimes nice, but we do not understand each other well and we are both a little unbalanced. I tried to get out of that relationship but it seems impossible, I don't know, I think because I love him. And maybe he loves me too... It must be love what else would keep us together?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pauluch
    I tried to get out of that relationship but it seems impossible, I don't know, I think because I love him. And maybe he loves me too... It must be love what else would keep us together?
    That doesn't sound very ENFp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauluch
    I tried to get out of that relationship but it seems impossible, I don't know, I think because I love him. And maybe he loves me too... It must be love what else would keep us together?
    That doesn't sound very ENFp.
    I agree.

And just because you love someone doesn't mean you should be together. I loved my ISTp boyfriend very much but we split due to divergent life paths. Sometimes people stay together because it's comfortable. And that's not a bad reason necessarily but if the relationship is missing other key components, and especially if you're not married yet, it could be better to get out of it sooner rather than later (easier said than done). Not that you asked for my opinion! LOL
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, what is interesting for me is the fact tha I don't sound "very ENFp". How does it sound then?And what would sound ENFp -ish in that situation? Do you think it's possible that I mistyped? I'm almost sure I am ENFp, maybe with some influence of the other type? The description perfectly fits me. How can I check that?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can go two ways: either give a specific thing that the INTj will want or will use, which will be liked because the thing is wanted, or give something very special or thoughtful that is unique to that INTj which you can only know if you've paid attention and understand the person well enough. nobody can give the answer to this except someone who knows that specific INTj very, very well, and typically that's only a very few people, and as his girlfriend one of them should be you. The value of the latter gift is more the demonstration of your capacity to understand and appreciate the INTj and a desire to make him happy rather than the actual thing itself. second choice harder, but better, but cannot be faked.

if in doubt, play safe and get something in the first category. depending on how serious you are, you may not want to demonstrate an inability to understand the INTj which may be wrongly extrapolated to signal unsuitability, because (for female INTjs anyway, not sure about males) before she/he becomes convinced you're the one, you're under scrutiny - the INTj's collecting data on you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yomama
    Last edited by betterthandead; 08-02-2008 at 03:27 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by betterthandead View Post
    Believe it or not, INTJs do not care about gifts or someone caring for them...
    That is unnaceptable. You don't know shit. Don't talk about things you don't know, you dumbfuck.