TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    They all look incredibly Si/Ne > Se/Ni.
    That's exactly precisely what I thought.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guy 1: Si-ISTp
    Girl: ENFp
    Guy 2: Ne-INFj

based purely on gut feeling.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    could someone post a thread on what is meant by this? with maybe some examples? (sorry to derail this one.)
    To me, it's more of the vibes and overall atmosphere which I perceive from the photos. Se/Ni types seem more charged up and "on the ball" as compared to Si/Ne types who are more relaxed and easygoing. Gah, I can't really explain it in detail. You just "feel" it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could someone post a thread on what is meant by this? with maybe some examples? (sorry to derail this one.)
    imo they look earthy in a Si sort of way? like all good-natured, like people who plant trees on arbor day and greet you with apple pie and cookies. this is not exactly what i think of when i think of Se/Ni quadras. i believe username Megan described ENFjs as seeming almost "dead" compared to ESFjs. IMO this is due to weak/unvalued Si hah. no real rosy-cheeked christmas caroler sort of vibe from ENFj photos.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    You just "feel" it.
    well apparently i don't!

and by examples, i was thinking more of pictures. i can usually at least place these things visually, eventually.

but that's probably best not done here.

not that i can bring any of her photos up because i don't have them, but username garmonbozia is not such a bad example of the opposite "vibe." not really because they are typically "posed"/artsy either.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if my type has been questioned multiple times, it always seemed to waver among types at the peak of resolute so maybe

compare to the pics in the first post?

Even though I don't think I look "dead"
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: my friends

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere

Oh no! Tell me your friends didn't watch the tape! How many days has it been?

Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They all look gay to me.

The girl is hot by the way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahahahahha :S

that movie freaked the hell out of me

and everyone is probably right about the Si/Ne value... confirms that I am probably Alpha or Delta

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: my friends

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2
    Oh no! Tell me your friends didn't watch the tape! How many days has it been?
    ROFL HILARIOUS! I couldn't stop laughing for quite a while! Brilliant!
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1: Looks like a slender version of ENTp. I thought INFp at first (because of the slender looks), but he has ENTp eyes.
    2: The girl looks ethical. I'd say she looks like an extremely shy version of ESFj. Could be INTj with very vivid dual traits. I would say INFj, but I see too much Fe there.
    3: Looks a bit like one ENTp, but looks a lot more shy.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    1: Looks like a slender version of ENTp. I thought INFp at first (because of the slender looks), but he has ENTp eyes.
    slender looks? you mean INFps are usually slim while ENTps are not?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

slender looks? you mean INFps are usually slim while ENTps are not?
    well... yes. They can both weigh the same, but Ne dominants have the quick-to-react EP temperant and somehow it develops their muscles in a way that makes them have typical average muscled bodies. But Ni dominant have the observe-and-contemplate IP reaction (or lack of reaction) which often leads them to very slender bodies, long thin neck, narrow shoulders, etc. When they have a fatter body, then Ne dominants get fat in strategic places, like fat hips, arms, etc (depends on genetics), but IPs more often seem just all-over wider, including double jaw and round face. Again, that's because of how much they use their muscles in every-day situations. Genetics/life style does generate exceptions, but that's my general observation.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah that's quite interesting...

for what its worth though, guy #1 isn't particularly slender..... he's pretty average, has fairly broad shoulders

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. ENFj
    2. girl ENFp
    3. INFj
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright here are my enlightening typologies

1. An extraverted thinker?
    2. A feeler. Maybe extraverted.
    3. FWIW, his expression and the way he holds himself in the photos reminds me a little of myself. Introverted Feeler.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    You just "feel" it.
    well apparently i don't!

and by examples, i was thinking more of pictures. i can usually at least place these things visually, eventually.

but that's probably best not done here.

not that i can bring any of her photos up because i don't have them, but username garmonbozia is not such a bad example of the opposite "vibe." not really because they are typically "posed"/artsy either.
    Whatchu talkin' bout' Maria?

Oh, I think I know what you're talking about. Ni/Se types being "active" in photographs. I think this is true of extroverted types but not so of introverted one.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si/Ne to me is quite grating on the nerves. I can sense it when I walk into a group of Si/Ne valuing types, and especially by looking at these photos. It's this vibe of easy-going, slack nature that gets me - it is extremely boring to me and lacking "OOMPH" - Se/Ni. That's just me though ... I can see how it would be welcoming obviously, for Alpha/Delta types, but I just do not see the appeal.

When I am in a group of Si/Ne valuing people, I feel very held back. Drained almost, because I can't "act out" and be more pushy and intense. Things are so relaxed and laid-back that I don't feel I'm even doing anything.

It's all in the eyes for me, with V.I.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si/Ne to me is quite grating on the nerves. I can sense it when I walk into a group of Si/Ne valuing types, and especially by looking at these photos. It's this vibe of easy-going, slack nature that gets me - it is extremely boring to me and lacking "OOMPH" - Se/Ni. That's just me though ... I can see how it would be welcoming obviously, for Alpha/Delta types, but I just do not see the appeal.

When I am in a group of Si/Ne valuing people, I feel very held back. Drained almost, because I can't "act out" and be more pushy and intense. Things are so relaxed and laid-back that I don't feel I'm even doing anything.

It's all in the eyes for me, with V.I.
    +5
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As did I.

I think the Asian dude could be an LSE. I was gonna say he doesn't look posed, but the two lower pics look slightly posed, like he wants to portray his coolness. This could just be natural though, in which case lucky him.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH IT'S SO TIME TO GET THIS MUTHERFUCKIN' BETA PARTY STAR-AR-TED!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    I think the Asian dude could be an LSE. I was gonna say he doesn't look posed, but the two lower pics look slightly posed, like he wants to portray his coolness. This could just be natural though, in which case lucky him.
    Haha actually, he loves posing in photos. He's not naturally "cool" at all

However LSE would be one of the types I would rule out for him. LSE though is a possibility for his girlfriend

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They can both weigh the same, but Ne dominants have the quick-to-react EP temperant and somehow it develops their muscles in a way that makes them have typical average muscled bodies.
    No never, to be honest, it's quite the opposite. Every IEE or ILE I have personally met have either been on the chubby side or quite thin.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH IT'S SO TIME TO GET THIS MUTHERFUCKIN' BETA PARTY STAR-AR-TED!
    ?
    LMAO random!

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the opinions so far. I think people's impressions have been generally pretty good for the girl and guy #2, but I'm not sure why most people thought the guy #1 was a logical type.

Guy #1 is the hardest for me to pin down, so I've typed up his description first - see the first post (edited) - let me know what you think about his type now.

(btw ScarlettLux, if you happen to read this, do you think I am a Si/Ne type, purely by VI? see first post here: oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?t=16436&start=0)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guy no. 1 sounds eerily beta NF, and I'd even say ENFj>>INFp. And the problems/differences that you sense are vs issues. This makes me think you are INFj. I have a very strong feeling about this. From what I remember from his facial expression, he could be similar to Mika who was typed ENFj. I don't know any other ENFjs who look similar to Mika, so I can't type them.

I can not imagine an INTj commenting those things about an dominant. You like that he is compassionate (half-Fi trait), but you don't really like any of the Fe things. Asking questions like that is Asker dichotomy. Wanting clear details is expecting you to have Se>Ne (something either is or it isn't. Ne is very ambiguous, but Se isn't. He's just asking until he gets an answer that doesn't have any unclear aspects.)
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr
    And I think you and him are very much alike from your descriptions, but this could be because it happens to be your descriptions. I think perhaps your temperament might be different and he is ENFj while you are INFp.
    Thanks for the opinion... I'd be more open to myself being an INFp if it wasn't for the "Ni continuum" (as Wittmont put it) - I just don't identify with or value Ni, as I've read it in descriptions, and how can this be if Ni is the INFp's base function?

Wanting clear details is expecting you to have Se>Ne (something either is or it isn't. Ne is very ambiguous, but Se isn't. He's just asking until he gets an answer that doesn't have any unclear aspects.)
    Yeah, that's exactly what I meant and how I perceive him. I wonder why many people were sure he was an Si/Ne type from the pictures though? And is an aversion to materialism and lack of ambition consistent with a beta type? Both him and I are very fond of the fisherman and the businessman story (http://fatknowledge.blogspot.com/200...fisherman.html)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I don't like about him but keep in mind, he is a good friend of mine, so these things don't bother me THAT much]: He is hopeless at dealing with conflict and very bad at communicating negative feelings towards someone. He worries about the future a lot, but seems to have a hard time thinking up solutions for himself, and asks everyone for advice. For example, when he is having relationship problems, he asks me "what should I do? What should I tell her?" and sometimes just mimics what I tell him. He isn't very self-assertive, backs down quickly, but then ruminates about the conflict and feels he wasn't treated fairly. Generally he is quite dependent on others. If he's trying to convince someone of something he has an annoying habit of using someone else that the person values, e.g. he will say "Even X thinks so" or "X agrees with me".
    This almost seems dual seeking criticism, like Hellothere expects from this friend? And also what I bolded seems to devalue but not in a strong fashion.
    Hmm I'm not sure.... I don't like pushy people, or people telling me what to do. I just feel like he needs to stand up for himself a bit more, or at least work on his communication skills.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I think you and him are very much alike from your descriptions, but this could be because it happens to be your descriptions. I think perhaps your temperament might be different and he is ENFj while you are INFp.
    Thanks for the opinion... I'd be more open to myself being an INFp if it wasn't for the "Ni continuum" (as Wittmont put it) - I just don't identify with or value Ni, as I've read it in descriptions, and how can this be if Ni is the INFp's base function?

Wanting clear details is expecting you to have Se>Ne (something either is or it isn't. Ne is very ambiguous, but Se isn't. He's just asking until he gets an answer that doesn't have any unclear aspects.)
    Yeah, that's exactly what I meant and how I perceive him. I wonder why many people were sure he was an Si/Ne type from the pictures though? And is an aversion to materialism and lack of ambition consistent with a beta type? Both him and I are very fond of the fisherman and the businessman story (http://fatknowledge.blogspot.com/200...fisherman.html)
    Businessman is gamma, Fisherman is delta and a beta would say they're gonna make a fortune by selling fish, even if many have tried and failed. Beta are still idealistic that destiny will take them to the fortune and common probability does not affect them. Beta are the only ones who can REALLY drem big. (except maybe ISTj. They exist to bring ENFjs back on the ground.)
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guy no. 1 sounds eerily beta NF, and I'd even say ENFj>>INFp. And the problems/differences that you sense are vs issues. This makes me think you are INFj. I have a very strong feeling about this. From what I remember from his facial expression, he could be similar to Mika who was typed ENFj. I don't know any other ENFjs who look similar to Mika, so I can't type them.

I can not imagine an INTj commenting those things about an dominant. You like that he is compassionate (half-Fi trait), but you don't really like any of the Fe things. Asking questions like that is Asker dichotomy. Wanting clear details is expecting you to have Se>Ne (something either is or it isn't. Ne is very ambiguous, but Se isn't. He's just asking until he gets an answer that doesn't have any unclear aspects.)
    Kristiina, do you think Hellothere could be INTp. Perhaps your original assessment is still best?

What I don't like about him but keep in mind, he is a good friend of mine, so these things don't bother me THAT much]: He is hopeless at dealing with conflict and very bad at communicating negative feelings towards someone. He worries about the future a lot, but seems to have a hard time thinking up solutions for himself, and asks everyone for advice. For example, when he is having relationship problems, he asks me "what should I do? What should I tell her?" and sometimes just mimics what I tell him. He isn't very self-assertive, backs down quickly, but then ruminates about the conflict and feels he wasn't treated fairly. Generally he is quite dependent on others. If he's trying to convince someone of something he has an annoying habit of using someone else that the person values, e.g. he will say "Even X thinks so" or "X agrees with me".
    This almost seems dual seeking criticism, like Hellothere expects from this friend? And also what I bolded seems to devalue but not in a strong fashion.
    dual seeking criticism would indeed be similar. Maybe I think too little of INTps, but I don't think they would be capable of so easily noticing so many things. A description written by an INTp would be rahter simplistic and wouldn't describe the different aspects of interactions, body language and typical reactions.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are onto something actually - I just need a better description of Ni.

...actually I didn't want to reveal this so early (because my suspicions are just that - not thought out very well), but I think my other friend (guy #2) is a clear cut INFj. Maybe my description of him and our differences will shed some light on my type

once I get more opinions of guy #1 I will write out what I think of guy #2. So far both of you have said Beta NF/probably ENFj but I'd like to see what others who were convinced he looked like an Si/Ne type think.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guy no. 1 sounds eerily beta NF, and I'd even say ENFj>>INFp.
    Actually, why ENFj rather than INFp?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guy no. 1 sounds eerily beta NF, and I'd even say ENFj>>INFp.
    Actually, why ENFj rather than INFp?
    I don't know. There's something very pushily "victim" in his description. Like he wants people to give him advice about everything, and he will proactively pry that advice out of people. He didn't seem like the person to wait for something to happen, rather he'd get things going himself. It was a totally irrational feeling. If I think about it I can't find the reason why he fits the ENFj image better.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys, actually ENFj seems to fit guy #1 very well. (the only thing I wonder about is why people didn't pick him out as an Se-valuing type from the pictures). Actually one more question about him - do ENFjs have a tendency to be control freaks? Because he can be like that sometimes and its another thing that annoys me, though I think it stems from him feeling very emotionally vulnerable (though I may be reading too much into it)

I've updated the first post with a description of guy #2, so let me know your thoughts.

(btw hkkmr, do you know your own type? just asking because you seem very reasonable and engaging to me (well apart from the whole Fi types being self-righteous... but at least you acknowledged you had a blind spot when it came to that), just generally a very cool guy/girl(?))

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't really see him as ENTj, but INTj is certainly a possibility - in fact I showed him pages for INFj and INTj on wikisocion, and he identified with parts of both of them, but said if pushed he would lean towards INTj.

On the short socionics.us test though he came out IEI, fwiw. I can't really see this for him but then again I couldn't really see it for myself. I just get the feeling he is an ethical type that values Ti or Te (not sure which), or tries really hard to use them.

I wonder if my description of him is suggestive of an IEI-EII interaction, or even an LII-EII interaction?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll post a description of the girl soon, but for the moment, does anyone else have any input for guy 1 & 2 based on my descriptions in the first post of this thread?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm kind of disappointed that noone else has offered any opinions based on my descriptions... maybe they're so long and convoluted that people can't be bothered to read through them

I would be really grateful for more opinions though..!

hkkmr, I've now put a description of the girl in the first post... though I'm least happy with that description, because I know her so well it was hard for me to write down a focused, relevant account.

About how she interacts with guy #2 - well, she finds him hilarious (but then, most of my friends do, but she finds him especially funny). I don't think they talk much to each other about their feelings or ideas or anything. She can be quite doting towards him, like a little brother or son or something - like "aww, I love how he does that". She tries to get him to open up sometimes and he seems quite comfortable with doing that with her, to some extent. I can't really think of much else, because they're just not really that close.

btw, I showed guy #2 more stuff about socionics... he says he identifies with parts of the INTj descriptions, and parts of the INFj descriptions... he also feels like he's either Alpha or Delta, but can't decide between the two... definitely not Gamma or Beta (kind of like what I was, though now I'm more open to the Beta possibility for myself).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could you please expand on why you think she is ESTp (if its not too much trouble for you)? I really wouldn't have guessed this for her... especially the Fi POLR

(and also, I don't think we are duals - she does too many things that bug me, and we're almost too similar in some aspects)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast