Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Element Fragments

Looking at the Wikisocion page for dual-type theory, one is cannot help but notice how very many things can be defined as "extroverted sensing" or "introverted intuition", because the elements assist in the processing of countless phenomena. Even considering the elements as master-slave pairs, the scope of variations within each of the 64 pairings is broad.

In recent years the study of the brain has made significant strides. The mental function of rhythmic timing, for example, has been correlated to a part of the brainstem. In supersocionics terms, this is Ni master with Ne slave: the information stream being processed is an ordered pattern of momentary happenings. If one were to respond to the timing itself with say, physical activity, then slave Se would be involved more than Ne: the one is a reaction or impulse to the flow of moments, completely impromptueven though it is expected; the other is the planned execution of an activity specific to its point in the sequence and contingent on the activities which preceded it and those which are planned to follow it. The point is that the various master-slave element pairings can be correlated to localized regions of the brain.

In leu of the relevance, therefore, of dual-type theory to a better understanding of the various aspects of our information processing, and the importance of having that understanding, I argue that it is profitable to observe the "elements within the elements" that reveal themselves in the variety of IM/IE expressions; that is, let us resolve to pinpointing all of those little variations, bit by bit, and let's see what they add up to when at last we have....

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First up, .

"The internal statics of objects." Can be considered two ways: 1) as potential native to an object, 2) as information elements inside the object. On the point of the second consideration, I mean "content": treasure in a chest; people living on a mountain, or in a state. One observation to be made: the one considers the internal character of the object as a field that is self-contingent, whereas the other treats the statics as a set of objects. Thus we have two possible orientations for , one field-based and the other object based.

Somehow this reminds me of subtypes....

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would this imply how the best dancers are Ni-master with Se-slave?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By which you mean the correlation of dual-type theory to rhythmic timing? Sure. You've got to have rhythmic timing to dance. Dance requires a lot of harmony between individual movements: dance steps must always be made with the next step in mind, so that the step made does not preclude the successful iteration of the next step. Although anyone can learn to dance, for Ni-Se types it comes naturally because they are always paying attention to the way movements follow one another.

I think that these people can benefit from the complementary dual element to Ni-Se, Se-Ni. Se-Ni asks, "how does the force I'm using now affect the implementation of my plan? If I use this much force now, will I be in position for the next step in the sequence?" At least I think that would correspond the Se-Ni; Si-Ne appears to come into it, too, because the relationship of the body's limbs and muscles can change depending on the force used, and every given relational position has its own potential.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clarified the above response. Sorry.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes good points tcaud. I'll watch for empirical verification.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was this right?