Thread: Scarlett and Rhett Gone With The Wind

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Scarlett and Rhett [Gone With The Wind]

Apparently they're EIE and SLE, according to Gulenko. They're listed as activity partners here.

See tables one and two to learn what ET and FL mean.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye, that makes a lot of sense. Scarlett with her histrionics and power ploys and Rhett with his intelligence, pragmatism, and efficiency. I thought about supervision too, if Scarlett is typed as ISFj, but the ring of supervision goes the wrong way doesn't it? Rhett is always explaining things to Scarlett but she doesn't listen until it is too late. She tries to get rich the old fashioned southern way through slavery while he sees that slavery is doomed and gets very rich by war profiteering instead. And Rhett is nobody's fool:

"All wars are sacred ... to those who have to fight them. If the people who started wars didn't make them sacred, who would be foolish enough to fight? But, no matter what rallying cries the orators give to the idiots who fight, no matter what noble purposes they assign to wars, there is never but one reason for a war. And that is money. All wars in reality are money squabbles. But so few people ever realize it. Their ears are too full of bugles and drums and fine words from stay-at-home orators. Sometimes the rallying cry is 'Save the Tomb of Christ from the Heathen!' Sometimes it's "Down with Popery!' and sometimes 'Liberty!' and sometimes 'Cotton, Slavery, and States' Rights!'"

Yet despite this he joins the Confederate Army towards the end even when it is clear the war is lost.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's been a while that I read the book, but based on the movie:

Why does she have to be an ethical type? I don't think she needs his advice and manages well on her own using her own methods. She is pragmatic and resourceful. Compare her to the obvious ethical types (Ashley, Melanie - INFp and INFj?).

I think she is the SLE. Rhett seems more even-tempered and consistent with more foresight, but he is also quite a bit older than she is and he has been around a lot more. They are similar in that they are both very Se, but their values are different. She does not mind screwing over "innocent" people while he exploits those who will not suffer on a personal level (he would not steal his brother's fiancee ). I am not saying that "screwing over" is beta, but Scarlett very obviously values Fe over Fi, while with Rhett it's the other way around.

If one of them is ethical, it's Rhett. He is much more emotional and soft-hearted than she is. In that case, he would be ESFp.

So:

Scarlett - ESTp
    Rhett - ESFp
    Melanie - INFj
    Ashley - INFp (Scarlett's dual?)

<3 Gone with the Wind
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if Scarlett is an SLE, than I'm definitely an SLE.

I relate to her so well and I adore that book. I personally agree with the typing of her as EIE - the fact that Rhett truly has is evident, and I think her is much more of a hidden agenda, something that she tries so hard to be good at. Just because you don't have as an Ego function doesn't mean it can't be a valued or even strong function ... personally, I see that a lot of types focus intensely on their hidden agenda especially and they are usually quite proficient in it - it just takes a lot more effort/they go overboard with it.

I definitely push myself a lot ... it probably would seem like I have in the Ego sometimes as well as ... I overuse the Super Id functions apparently.

Also, there is some Enneagram stuff on Scarlett as well where they type her as a 3w4 ... she's basically my identical - kinda good and bad, because she does have many flaws which I share, including incredible self-centeredness, manipulative nature, ... the fact that she plans out everything beforehand and puts that plan into action (usually something to get her way) with over-confidence in its ability to work.... all of that is me.

Then again, she's incredibly determined and is not the type of person to ever give up.

Plus, I'd love a Rhett in my life!

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari