Thread: A Ti Question

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A Ti Question...

OK so not passing any judgements or criticisms here, but can be associated with closed-mindedness?
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think so. For me, it depends on the situation. When I'm alone, I like to think that I am open-minded to alternate ways of looking at things. But often in interactions, I'm not going to accept everything you say. But if you make a good argument for it, and I don't have a lot of contrary information, then I'm very prone to agree with you.

Does that make sense?
    type #33
    but maybe LSE, and maybe E3w4(p)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    It's why you have a mana bar, not a rage bar.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That does but could your open-mindedness also be contributed to you being an intuitive type and seeing possibilities and such? Perhaps Beta STs are more closed minded?
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: A Ti Question...

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    OK so not passing any judgements or criticisms here, but can be associated with closed-mindedness?
    In as much as can.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That does but could your open-mindedness also be contributed to you being an intuitive type and seeing possibilities and such? Perhaps Beta STs are more closed minded?
    I can't really speak for sensors. I've wondered before if they are naturally more closed-minded than intuitors, but I'm not familiar enough with those types to hold an opinion.
    type #33
    but maybe LSE, and maybe E3w4(p)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    It's why you have a mana bar, not a rage bar.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that any function can be considered "not open enough to [insert preferred function]"

Fi's can complain that someone's not open enough to Fi info
    Ne's can complain that someone's not open enough to Ne info
    Ni..
    Ti...
    etc etc

many people call this "not open to X function" as being "closedminded"

but then, i don't even know if it's functions, or if it's just someone else not being open to what's in your own mind (general your, not you personally, L&LL). Even those who share the same functions can argue that the other is being closedminded (or rather....not open to what the other is thinking/feeling/doing).

oh, and then there's the whole thing of maybe it's actually the caller who's being closedminded to the callee's view of things...who's really being the closedminded one then?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that would be the wrong way of going about looking at it. to say that it's closed-minded, in addition to being a highly loaded term, doesn't even begin to describe exactly what it is about Ti that can be perceived as closed-minded (from a Te/Fi perspective).

Ti types can be very open-minded when dealing with Ti information (point in case: look at tcaud's immediate acceptance of hitta's +/- model). it's other kinds of information that isn't relevant or important to Ti that Ti types might seem more indignant towards.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    In as much as can.
    Exactly. will tend to appear close-minded to , just like to .
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then there's rick's explanation that the further down the Model A you go, the more rigid and limited the IM becomes. so Ti as a polr would seem close-minded and rigid. Ti in a leading function is open to many many Ti possibilities.

so it's not the information element itself, it's the user's use of said information element and their ability to perceive said information element.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Objectively, I can see how both Fi- and Ti-leading people would be seen as close-minded. Those with base Fi are essentially quite moralistic and have well-defined standards. Their relationships are extremely important to them, and thus they want to act and be seen in a certain way, most likely to maintain said relationships. Ti base people like laws, rules and systems and dislike that which does not fit into this. The erratic and spontaneous nature of the IEE, for example, the LSI could not deal with.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    In as much as can.
    Of course as niffweed said, types may be close-minded to issues and types may be close-minded to issues. Of course, on any issue in which there is at least one individual who cares deeply enough about it and someone else who does value that same issue, they will both reciprocally view each other as being close-minded on the issue and completely missing the point entirely.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In as much as can.
    Of course as niffweed said, types may be close-minded to issues and types may be close-minded to issues. Of course, on any issue in which there is at least one individual who cares deeply enough about it and someone else who does value that same issue, they will both reciprocally view each other as being close-minded on the issue and completely missing the point entirely.
    closed- minded does make sense from an extraverted function's view.

would you say you are showing bias here -- why would "caring deeply" about an issue necessarily be the thing that causes mutual closed-mindedness?
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    In as much as can.
    closed- minded does make sense from an extraverted function's view.

would you say you are showing bias here -- why would "caring deeply" about an issue necessarily be the thing that causes mutual closed-mindedness?
    No not really and I do not see why that would indicate a bias of mine. I just wanted to have a sense to show a case of differentiation of values, especially as it relates to inter-Quadra values, with closed-mindedness. So caring deeply about an issues would not necessarily be the only thing that causes mutual closed-mindedness, but I was not trying to describe the only scenario in which it would.
    Johari Box