Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Work in progress: Famous people Type List (Asian Edition)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamasaki Ayumi -- INFp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kwon BoA -- ENFp

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4moP5t-dXg]YouTube - English Interview - 2004-ish?[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1wx63e6fsw]YouTube - SBS Interview - 2008[/ame]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nakashima Mika -- INTp

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIaY17zJNUQ]excite.co.jp Interview[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H95vVg_d9g4]Jibun Denshidai -- 2002[/ame]

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sandrine Pinna: Ne-ENFp

Gui Gui: Fe-ISFp

[video=youtube;nVUQFxDNwDc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bri6JbcsSjY]YouTube - GuiGui's love confession? (w/Eng sub)[/url]YouTube - GuiGui's tearful love story (w/Eng sub)[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVUQFxDNwDc[/video]

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ken Hirai: Fe-ISFp

Mukai Osamu (<3) : Ne-ENFp

Narumi Riko: Si-ISFp

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amanda Ling (keyboardist of Electrico): Si-ISFp <333

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They say Asians show less emotion than in other cultures. Do you think that would create a bias in the way we type them?
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fear of sleep View Post
    They say Asians show less emotion than in other cultures. Do you think that would create a bias in the way we type them?
    Nope. There are other means which support what a person values besides the facial expression of him/her. They include one's interest (eg. hobbies), strengths & weaknesses, writing styles, friends (Basically people whom they could interact with comfortably over the substantial period of them) etc. I also believe that the biasness would be reduced if we understand the Asian culture well.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mizuo Peck - Si-ISTp

Devon Aoki - Se-ISFj

Steve Aoki - INFp

China Chow - Fe-ISFp

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elvina Kong: ESFj

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Song Hye Kyo: Si-ISFp

English translation:

Hello, how are you? This is Song Hye Gyo. It has been a while since I last sent my greetings. Since "My Girl and I," I've been resting and filming CF [advertisments]. Today I filmed a CF for Innisfree Skin care products and just finished right now. I know that everyone is waiting for my new project...as soon as I choose one, I will let everyone know. It is now Spring...everyone will do a lot of traveling, please be careful to not catch a cold and always stay healthy. I wish you a warm Spring and same for me too [laughs] Stay healthy and next time I'll send another greeting. Thank you.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chungking Express: Alpha Quadra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eunice: pls do a typing on the characters! its one of my favourite films!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skulast View Post
    eunice: pls do a typing on the characters! its one of my favourite films!
    I'm not very certain as there isn't much analysis on the characters. On a side note, I noticed that the actors seem to be portraying themselves as they were, rather than creating a character which is different from their actual persona.

Based on the limited exposure of the characters, here is my opinion on some of them:

Cop 633 (Tony Leung Chiu Wai): Ne-INTj
    Faye (Faye Wong): Si-ISFp
    He Qiwu, Cop 223 (Takeshi Kaneshiro): Ti-ENTp

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wong Kar Wai, Director of "Chungking Express" and "My Blueberry Nights" and "2046": Ne-INTj

Quotes:

"I'm fascinated by video," Wong admits. "The way it blurs and flattens real life, the way it never looks like you thought it would when you play it back. And so my films, which always deal with memory, start taking on the quality of video - a form of physicalized memory that can be experienced again and again, or recorded over, or screened until it literally falls apart, until it pixilates right in front of you." - From Eye Weekly, Jan. 25, 1996

"Usually I find that genre conventions get in the way of dealing with certain areas of character psychology, but one of my inspirations for 'Ashes [of Time]' was 'The Searchers' - a film which suggests how you can get inside an apparently opaque protagonist. In Ford's film, I've always been extremely touched by the relationship between the John Wayne character and his sister-in-law, which you see only in the way she passes him a cloth. It must amount to about three seconds of screen time but the hint is enough." - Wong Kar-wai quoted in Sight and Sound, September 1995

"Before I start to film a movie, I take a lot of drugs, the time for my interpretations and me to find a single rhythm. Of course, I'm very careful with the number of dosages." - from Positif, No 410, April 1995

"For me, shooting an action scene is no different from shooting a love scene. What really matters is what happens before the penetration and not after." - Wong Kar Wai quoted in Interview magazine, November 2008

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andy Lau: Ti-ESTp

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's good to know the asians are keeping up with personality, despite their looks.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kim Hyun Joong: Fi-INFj

Lee Min Ho: Ne-ENTp

Kim Joon: Ne-INFj

Kim Bum: Ne-ENFp

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I don't know if it's a guy or a girl. Does this create a bias in the way we type them?

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    I'm not very certain as there isn't much analysis on the characters. On a side note, I noticed that the actors seem to be portraying themselves as they were, rather than creating a character which is different from their actual persona.

Based on the limited exposure of the characters, here is my opinion on some of them:

Cop 633 (Tony Leung Chiu Wai): Ne-INTj
    Faye (Faye Wong): Si-ISFp
    He Qiwu, Cop 223 (Takeshi Kaneshiro): Ti-ENTp
    The actors basically play themselves in WKW movies.

WKW is more ENTp then INTj tho.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Sometimes I don't know if it's a guy or a girl. Does this create a bias in the way we type them?
    (Seems like a question asked in jest, but I will reply anyway.)

Lol......I get what you mean. It does create some biasness to a certain extent, especially in terms of differentiating between Logical/Ethical types.

I think we have to bear in mind that quite a number of asian faces tend to seem "softer" and have less sharp features than, say, caucasians. However, been more effeminated looking doesn't necessarily mean that person is an Ethical type.

I guess we would need to bear in mind the cultural differences between the different ethnicities. In East Asia, it seems like a trend for quite a number of young guys to want to look "pretty" (can't find a better word to describe it), whereas in the West, it is more about looking tough and masculine. Hence, for westerners who might not be used to the East Asian culture, they can't get used to seeing guys who seem unconventional to them.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I get what you're saying. It was also noted that asians can typically display less emotion. Is this true? Because it should also be noted that male ethical types can usually display less emotion than female ethical types, and female logical types more than male logical types. At least from what I've heard.

This would of course have little to do with the ethical and logical dichotomies, and more to do with male and female. If said thing is true about asians, then does this play a role in typing or VIing, whatever you're doing?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    The actors basically play themselves in WKW movies.

WKW is more ENTp then INTj tho.
    What do you think about my typings of the actors?

On a side note, WKW seems rather introverted to me. In addition, in terms of fliming a movie, he prefers to flim the scenes by chronological order, starting from the beginning to the end. I tend to see this systematic aspect in INTjs rather than ENTps. ENTps tend to be more flexible.

Anyway, it's interesting to note that the actors chosen by WKW tend to be Alpha/Beta types. For instance, for his first English feature film "Blueberry Nights", he had picked Norah Jones (Si-ISFp) and Natalie Portman (Ti-ENTp) alongside Jude Law (Ti-ESTp) and Rachel Weiss (Se-ESTp), with Jones been his favorite.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about l'arc-en-ciel?

I think Hyde is INFp.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

What do you think about my typings of the actors?

On a side note, WKW seems rather introverted to me. In addition, in terms of fliming a movie, he prefers to flim the scenes by chronological order, starting from the beginning to the end. I tend to see this systematic aspect in INTjs rather than ENTps. ENTps tend to be more flexible.
    Actually this is describe in Process/Result. ILE tend to do things more from beginning to end, while LII's do it more random fashion. He tends to take shots over and over again until he finds something like perfection. This is something I do in writing amongst other endeavors.

Process and result - Wikisocion

Anyway, it's interesting to note that the actors chosen by WKW tend to be Alpha/Beta types. For instance, for his first English feature film "Blueberry Nights", he had picked Norah Jones (Si-ISFp) and Natalie Portman (Ti-ENTp) alongside Jude Law (Ti-ESTp) and Rachel Weiss (Se-ESTp), with Jones been his favorite.
    I think the typing is generally good, I thought Takeshi Kaneshiro maybe IEI, but ILE is possible.

WKW definitely prefer Alpha/Beta types in his productions, he also has a long standing collaboration with Jeff Lau(Hong Kong Cinemagic - Jeff Lau Chun Wai) SEI.

He tends to reuse his picked actors for almost everything with his go-to man being Tony Leung.

Leslie Cheung is EIE
    Maggie Cheung is IEI

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Yeah I get what you're saying. It was also noted that asians can typically display less emotion.
    I've known a good number of asians (mostly chinese and singaporean) and this doesn't seem true at all. They're at least as emotional as italians.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I've known a good number of asians (mostly chinese and singaporean) and this doesn't seem true at all. They're at least as emotional as italians.
    People often reciprocate emotions or change emotional display based on environment.

Also people tend to show less emotions to "outsiders".

Emotional display is dynamic.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    People often reciprocate emotions or change emotional display based on environment.
    Right, but I've also often seen them in groups talking with each other, and they didn't look unemotional at all, for my standards.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hkkmr has a point, but it depends. I am a very emotional person by nature but situation based on environment always seem to hold back this emotions. Yet, the most free state I can be in is one that I completely let loose, that would be my most healthy state.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hwang Bo - Se-ISFj

Kim Kyu Jong - Si-ESTj

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shin Hye Sung - Ti-ENTp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Priscilla Chan

Priscilla Chan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think she is Jewel's Identical based on hearing how she speaks about life and her concert antics, although I don't understand the much more poetic cantonese song lyrics which are hard to decipher, I think she is an ENFp, maybe people can correct if they know her more than I do.

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winterpark, I'm surprised that you have heard of Priscilla Chan. She is more well-known domestically in Hong Kong. I think ENFp is not a bad typing.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SS501 (Korean band) - Alpha (have been addicted to their songs these days)

left to right: 1,2,3,4,5

Now to the individuals......

1. Park Jung Min - Ne-ENFp (rather confident typing)

Interview

2. Kim Hyung Jun - Ti-ENTp (extremely confident typing)

Interview

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3. Kim Hyun Joong - Ne-INTj

His life story (some parts of it are rather indicative of an IJ temperament):

Hyun Joong's Childhood Story (Hyun Joong mother's interview)]

0-4 yrs old, as long as Hyun Joong was lost in the park, it must be because he ran to the singer performance stage.

Since Hyun Joong was born, he was very poular among the neighbours because of his big eyes, sharp intuition and cleverness.

Hyun Joong started to walk when he was 9 month old. Before this, although he can sit alone, he couldn't climb, the family members were worried that he might be slow to learn walking. However, he omitted the climbing stage and advanced to the walking stage. All the family members were shocked.

During his 1 year old birthday, he would offer his birthday steam rice cake for the guests to eat. During the Toljabee* event, in order to let him choose the pencil and book, the family members purposely placed both items right in front of him, instead, he chose the brush which was placed beside those items. Hyun Joong started speaking and counting very fast, but he was most interested to sing, dance and play games.

(*Note: Toljabee event is used to predict the child's future. In this case, Hyun Joong picked the brush which symbolizes that he will become a scholar.)

Since being newly wed up to now, our family has been living nearby the SongpaGu Olympic park. Every weekend, there would be a lot of singers performing there. When bringing Hyun Joong and his elder brother who is 1 year older than him to the park for a stroll, both children would be very happy.

Hyun Joong even got lost a few times, I panicked and searched all over the park, eventually he was always found at the stage where the singers were performing.

Once, the dance group "Seo Tai-ji and boys" were singing 'I Know' in the park, Hyun Joong actually ran up to the stage to dance. He even played games with the other singers on stage and laughed happily. Hyun Joong was excellent in his studies, it had never come to my mind that he will become an artist. However now that I started to think, he seems to be different from other kids since childhood.

Kim Hyun Joong excelled in studies when young, had never thought of being a star.

5 - 9 years old, childhood time Kim Hyun Joong

From kindergarten, Hyun Joong had shown his multiple talents. Solving math sum very fast and drew well. Also, learned to speak and recognized words very fast. His elder brother who was 1 year older than him would always sit still to learn. However, Hyun Joong was the kind of child who could play almost everything but yet could still learn well at the same time.

We were worried that both children would feel pressured from learning, therefore, we always let them get in touch with nature more often. In order to celebrate their starting of primary school life, our family went for a tour in Jeju Island. During that time Hyun Joong rode on a horse which was many times taller than him and refused to come down. Seeing this, the people around praised him for being so wonderful. During weekends, we always brought the children to fish. This is why until now, if he felt pressured from his artist work, Hyun Joong will always go fishing alone.

Starting from 2nd year of primary school, Hyun Joong became the class representative. He always handled his own things meticulously. Waking up right after his little alarm clock rang at 6am in the morning on time, completing all his home work by himself. When we visited his school, his class teacher always praised him: "Hyun Joong was very fast in learning. He would not have a problem to enroll into Seoul University."

At that time, we thought Hyun Joong would use his learning ability to be successful in his career, we had never thought that he would be an artist.

Actually, starting from 2nd to 4th year of his Primary school, Hyun Joong participated in the Mathematic Olympic Competition and he always won the Gold medal. He also always won in art competition. His medals were so many until it could fill up an entire box. His result was always ranked 1st in the class and often rank 1st or 2nd in the whole school.

To prevent him from being singled out by his friends, we also sent him for extra tuition classes to learn calligraphy and Hanja. Even in the tuition center, he was always top in the class. When still in the lower primary years, Hyun Joong already obtained the certificate for level 3 Hanja qualification examination. His tuition center teacher praised: "Hyun Joong passed the certification examination even lower secondary students found hard to pass." Our family members were also shocked.

Hyun Joong hide 300 millions won (approximately USD237,000) in a book as a gift for his brother

In junior high school placement test, he was enrolled scoring the 4th highest result in the entire school. It was in his 3rd year junior high school when he announced that he wanted to be an artist. As his father was worried that he was too engrossed in his studies, he bought him a guitar to 'rest his brain', this was the trigger point for him to be an artist.

Hyun Joong started to be engrossed in guitar. Hyun Joong guitar teacher said: "He is very talented, something needed to be learned in 3 years he could master them in 3 months. His guitar teacher once advised his father to let Hyun Joong further his talent in music, but his father was strongly against it.

There after, Hyun Joong formed a band, working part time and performing outside. There's once, the neighbours said: "The day before, the child of that household was delivering fried chicken." Only then the family knew that he worked part time in fried chicken restaurant. We felt that as a man one had to be independent, it is alright to go through hardships, so we didn't stop him from working.

Hyun Joong said: "I would follow my parents' wish to study in arts high school, but I will make every other decisions in future." After joining the high school for 1 year, he voluntary dropped out from school. His father & I said: "Dropping out was your own choice, you have to be responsible for your own decision." He was given only 10 thousand won (USD7.90!) pocket money every month.

Due to Asean financial crisis, our business was affected. We started a fashion business in Dongdaemun. We had to work until 11pm everyday. After getting off from work, I often went to the TGI restaurant which my son worked to secretly watch my son working for around 1 hour before returning home.

During winter, while waiting for my son to come back home, I kept looking out for him from the window. At around 1am, looking at my son making his way through the knee height snow with much difficulties, I felt pain in my heart. In spite of that, I didn't want him to see my sorrow and always turned off the lights to pretend that everybody had fallen asleep.

After passing the trainee singer interview, my son would return home only when he was given time off. In order to be a trainee, his pocket money was always not enough. Often, he came back starving by public bus. There were many times, he didn't even have the transportation fee and had to walk home. Despite that, Hyun Joong had never once asked for money from us.

But his love for his family members is extremely deep. When his brother who was studying in America decided to dropped off from his university due to lacking of school fees, Hyun Joong told his brother: "Brother, please read this book." and gave him a novel as a present.

When his brother opened up the book to read, he found a 300 million won cheque hidden in the book. His brother gave his father a call mentioning that no matter how he counted he couldn't believe the cheque amount. It was beyond our imagination that while being a trainee singer, he could still carefully save so much money. Ever since he enrolled into the university (Kyonggi University Digital Music faculty), we never worried about him.

Both of us always told him: "Pray before doing something". Although Hyun Joong said: "Since now elder brother is serving in the army, you can rely on me. Therefore, in the future, don't work in Dongdaemum anymore." We hope that not only he can be a singer but also be able to form a family of his own and be responsible. With this, we have no other extravagant hopes.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5. Kim Kyu Jong - Ne-INFj (not Si-ESTj which I used to think)

Interview:

Article about him:

SS501’s Kim Kyu Jong admitted on a MBC variety show "Quiz to Change the World" that he’s a lame duck when it comes to the ladies.
    Kyu Jong stated that in his past relationships, his girlfriends always ended up dumping him and he could usually see the breakup coming from a mile away by the way his girlcfriends behaved towards him before the demise of their relationships.

Kyu Jong went on to say that in the beginning, before officially becoming a couple, the girl would show a great deal of interest in him. However, during the course of the relationship, he wouldn’t have much to say and his sense of humor would pretty much be nonexistent. Consequently, due to his cold fish behavior, the girl would end the relationship leaving Kyu Jong with nothing but a box of tissues, a giant jar of vaseline, and memories of his lame personality.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winterpark, I'm surprised that you have heard of Priscilla Chan. She is more well-known domestically in Hong Kong. I think ENFp is not a bad typing.
    This is Actually Numbers, I don't follow HK pop but my LIE sister talks about it a lot of the time, and I listen to a almost infinity list of Hk-pop song my sister download, in it there are always concert song made by her and her pre- concert speech sounds so much like an ENFp. she is a good singer, and a fair share of her becomes classic only because I have always hear it from other movies, TV show, or other places where people uses her songs.

1)

2)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carmen Lee
    has she been added yet?

INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sammi Cheng, one of the best Hk pop singer, you will never get tired of listening to her music.

What type do you think she is Enuice? She V.I like an ESFj.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    Sammi Cheng, one of the best Hk pop singer, you will never get tired of listening to her music.
    I'm not very sure. Si-ESFj is likely.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast