Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Work in progress: Famous people Type List (Asian Edition)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eric Huang: Si-ESTj

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmm did you change your guess on Hsiao from INFj?
    Suomea

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I agree. His name is kinda of a ESTp name too. What type do you think CC is?
    Cecilia Cheung is most likely Fe-INFp. Excluding the facial features, she reminds me of Shannon Doherty. On a side note, I like Nicholas Tse. A genuinely nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Suomea View Post
    Hmmmm did you change your guess on Hsiao from INFj?
    No. This is my first time mentioning her.

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    maaan, they all look so good lol!
    They put a lot of care and attention on their appearance. I notice that Alpha/Beta types are very good at presenting the best of themselves. Those who don't know how to take care of their appearance the most are Delta NFs.

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    oooh look at those earrings

what type is she?
    Not sure. I don't know who she is.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eric Huang makes me wish I had more style.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sung Il-Guk: Si-ESTj

Kim Sun-Ah: Si-ESTj

Daniel Henney: Si-ISFp

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jung Ryu Won: Ni-INFp

Bae Yong Jun: Fe-ENFj

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, it would be helpful since I am not familiar with them.

Huang Pai-Jun: Ni-ENTj (raisonpure mentioned about him to me once.....)

Kim Hee Sun: Ne-INFj

Ethan Ruan: Si-ISTp

Liu Pin-Yan: Ne-ENFp (now dating Ethan Ruan [Si-ISTp])

Suzanne Hsiao: Se-ESTp

Fann Wong: Fi-ENFp

Kelly Poon: Fi-ENFp
    Last edited by glam; 04-06-2011 at 10:42 PM. Reason: removing my quote ;)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    did i already say: "these people are so beautiful!"?
    A lot of things in Asian media are make-believe, especially East Asian media. The media in Asia is largely Alpha (eg. Japanese and Taiwanese) and they put a lot of emphasis on "aesthetic balance" and creating a sense of comfort among the consumers in contrast to western media. They are a lot of TV programmes here on beauty which educates audiences about very "minute" information eg. how to slim down your face, how to make your cheeks more pink with the help of the cream, makeup techniques etc. which I consider more advanced and meticulous than their western counterparts. In general, East Asians put a lot of attention on details and perfectionism and work hard to achieve their goals, so I guess it's not surprising that they usually seem rather "perfect" infront of others.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just out of my own interest and my free time now, I began to type characters from the (old) dramas I am currently watching:

Duals (Fictional characters)

It Started With A Kiss

Male: Ti-ENTp
    Female: Fe-ISFp

A calm and phlegmatic Ti-ENTp gradually showing and overwhelmed with despite his usual cool demeanor.

Hanazakarino Kimitachihe

Male: Si-ESTj
    Female: Ne-INFj

The whole clip shows typical ESTj and INFj behaviours.

For instance,
    00:21-02:29 - ESTj protecting the INFj (disguised as a male) from the ESTp
    02:32-05:36 - ESTj training alone and overexerting himself
    06:02-09:30 - HA - INFj praising the ESTj and describing how he has influenced her positively and given her hope in life.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I think Tony Leung and Carina Lau are duals....
    INTj-ESFJ
    Good call.
    Last edited by glam; 04-06-2011 at 10:43 PM. Reason: removing my quote ;)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read quite a bit about them and watched their interviews before. Typical Si-ESTjs. Notice the similar EJ vibe and Si ego in the VI as well.

George Hu: Si-ESTj

And changing two of my previous typings.....

Wang Lee Hom: Si-ESTj

Wu Zun: Si-ESTj

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kitaro: Si-ISFp

Quotes
    -"I never had education in music, I just learned to trust my ears and my feelings."

-"This music is not from my mind. It is from heaven, going through my body and out my fingers through composing. Sometimes I wonder. I never practice. I don't read or write music, but my fingers move. I wonder, 'Whose song is this?' I write my songs, but they are not my songs."

-"Nature inspires me. I am only a messenger"

-"To me, some songs are like clouds, some are like water."

-"In high school, I was in an amateur band. I started out playing the guitar but then changed to the keyboards. Before one of our gigs, the drummer was injured. I had no experience at all on the drums, but I had to learn it because I was the leader of the band, and we had to do the gig. My drumming was not very good, but we got through the show in one piece. Later, the bassist had injuries, so I had to learn how to play the bass. [These accidents are] the main reasons why I can play all these instruments; I had a crash course in how to play them. It was a hard time for me, but a very good experience. It created the base knowledge of all the instruments I use and need to create my current brand of music. After graduating, I really wanted to be in the music business, so I moved to Tokyo and started looking for bands to play with. I basically did it for the experience and to get a feel of all the clubs that were available in Tokyo and Yokohama. At that time I played keyboards, and then I discovered the synthesizer. This was a revelation. First of all, the instructions for the thing were in English so I couldn't read them. I was trying to make sounds but couldn't! I tried for a whole day, but no sound ever came out because I didn't know how to program it or set it up. Finally, the first sound I got off this thing was a wind-like sound, but I was so elated that I actually made some noise, it didn't matter. I turned one of the knobs slowly to make more wind-like noises. Then I decided to buy another synthesizer to form a different type of sound. I just loved the analog sound that it made compared to today's digital sound. Now, my equipment and synthesizers are all analog. But technically, digital is much easier to use for editing and other stuff."
    Haruki Murakami: Ne-INTj

Quotes
    -"I have responsibilities," I say. "I cannot forsake the people and places and things I have created. I know I do you a terrible wrong. And yes, perhaps I wrong myself, too. But I must see out the consequences of my own doings. This is my world. The Wall is here to hold me in, the River flows through me, the smoke is me burning. I must know why."
    ~Hard-Boiled Wonderland & the End of the World

-Numbers aren’t the important thing...what matters is deciding in your heart to accept another person completely. When you do that, it is always the first time and the last.
    ~The Kidney-shaped Stone that Moves Every Day (translated by Jay Rubin)

-Money had no name of course. And if it did have a name, it would no longer be money. What gave money its true meaning was its dark-night namelessness, its breathtaking interchangeability.
    ~The Wind-up Bird Chronicle

-But even so, every now and then I would feel a violent stab of loneliness. The very water I drink, the very air I breathed, would feel like long, sharp needles. The pages of a book in my hands would take on the threatening metallic gleam of razor blades. I could hear the roots of loneliness creeping through me when the world was hushed at 4 o'clock in the morning.

-He inherited from his mother's stories the fundamental style he used, unaltered, in his own stories: namely, the assumption that fact may not be truth, and truth may not be factual.
    Hirohito, The Emperor Shōwa of Japan: Fi-INFj

Quotes

-To strive for the common prosperity and happiness of all nations as well as the security and well-being of Our subjects is the solemn obligation which has been handed down by Our Imperial Ancestors and which lies close to Our heart.

-We declared war on America and Britain out of Our sincere desire to ensure Japan's self-preservation and the stabilization of East Asia, it being far from Our thought either to infringe upon the sovereignty of other nations or to embark upon territorial aggrandizement.
    But now the war has lasted for nearly four years. Despite the best that has been done by everyone — the gallant fighting of the military and naval forces, the diligence and assiduity of Our servants of the State, and the devoted service of Our one hundred million people — the war situation has developed not necessarily to Japan's advantage, while the general trends of the world have all turned against her interest.

-The hardships and sufferings to which Our nation is to be subjected hereafter will be certainly great. We are keenly aware of the inmost feelings of all of you. Our subjects. However, it is according to the dictates of time and fate that We have resolved to pave the way for a grand peace for all the generations to come by enduring the unendurable and suffering what is unsufferable.

-Beware most strictly of any outbursts of emotion which may engender needless complications, or any fraternal contention and strike which may create confusion, lead you astray and cause you to lose the confidence of the world.
    Let the entire nation continue as one family from generation to generation, ever firm in its faith in the imperishability of its sacred land, and mindful of its heavy burden of responsibility and of the long road before it.

-Unite your total strength, to be devoted to construction for the future. Cultivate the ways of rectitude, foster nobility of spirit, and work with resolution — so that you may enhance the innate glory of the Imperial State and keep pace with the progress of the world.

- I have given serious thought to the situation prevailing at home and abroad and have concluded that continuing the war can only mean destruction for the nation and prolongation of bloodshed and cruelty in the world. I cannot bear to see my innocent people suffer any longer. ...
    I was told by those advocating a continuation of hostilities that by June new divisions would be in place in fortified positions [east of Tokyo] ready for the invader when he sought to land. It is now August and the fortifications still have not been completed. ...
    There are those who say the key to national survival lies in a decisive battle in the homeland. The experiences of the past, however, show that there has always been a discrepancy between plans and performance.

-It goes without saying that it is unbearable for me to see the brave and loyal fighting men of Japan disarmed. It is equally unbearable that others who have rendered me devoted service should now be punished as instigators of the war. Nevertheless, the time has come to bear the unbearable....
    I swallow my tears and give my sanction to the proposal to accept the Allied proclamation on the basis outlined by the Foreign Minister.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Junichiro Koizumi: Te-ENTj

About him (Note the Gamma and ENTj qualities)
    -Widely seen as a maverick leader of the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP), he became known as an economic reformer, focusing on Japan's government debt and the privatization of its postal service.

-Initially Koizumi was at certain points in his tenure an extremely popular leader, with his outspoken nature and colourful past. His nicknames included "Lionheart", due to his hair style and fierce spirit, and "Maverick".[1] During his tenure in office, it was common for the Japanese public to refer to him as "Jun-chan". In June 2001, he enjoyed an approval rating of 85 percent, with only 7 percent disapproving.

-On August 8, 2005, Koizumi, as promised, dissolved the House of Representatives and called for snap elections. He also expelled rebel LDP members for not supporting the bill. The LDP's chances for success were initially uncertain; the secretary general of New Komeito (a junior coalition partner with Koizumi's Liberal Democratic Party) said that his party would entertain forming a coalition government with the Democratic Party of Japan if the DPJ took a majority in the House of Representatives.

-Koizumi married 21-year-old university student Kayoko Miyamoto in 1978. The couple had been formally introduced to each other as potential spouses, a common practice known as omiai. The wedding ceremony at the Tokyo Prince Hotel was attended by about 2,500 people, including Fukuda (then Prime Minister), and featured a wedding cake shaped like the National Diet Building.

The marriage ended in divorce in 1982. Kayoko was unhappy with her lifestyle and Koizumi did not see Kayoko as a viable political wife. After this divorce, Koizumi never married again, saying that divorce consumed ten times more energy than marriage.

-Koizumi is also a noted fan of Elvis Presley, with whom he shares a birthday (January 8). In 2001 he released a collection of his favorite Elvis songs on CD with his comments about each song. His brother is Senior Advisor of the Tokyo Elvis Fan Club. Koizumi and his brother helped finance a statue of Elvis in Tokyo's Harajuku district. On June 30, 2006, he visited the rock legend's former estate, Graceland, accompanied by U.S. President George W. Bush, and First Lady Laura Bush. After arriving in Memphis aboard Air Force One, they headed to Graceland. While there, Koizumi briefly sang a few bars of his favourite Elvis tunes, whilst warmly impersonating Presley, mimicking his characteristic hand movements and leg shakes, and wearing Presley's trademark oversized golden sunglasses.[16]

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lee Kwan Yew: Ti-ISTj

Quotes
    -"Let us not deceive ourselves: our talent profile is nowhere near that of, say, the Jews or the Japanese in America. The exceptional number of Nobel Prize winners who are Jews is no accident. It is also no accident that a high percentage, sometimes 50%, of faculty members in the top American universities on both the east and west coasts are Jews. And the number of high calibre Japanese academics, professionals, and business executives is out of all proportion to the percentage of Japanese in the total American population."

-"The Bell curve is a fact of life. The blacks on average score 85 per cent on IQ and it is accurate, nothing to do with culture. The whites score on average 100. Asians score more ... the Bell curve authors put it at least 10 points higher. These are realities that, if you do not accept, will lead to frustration because you will be spending money on wrong assumptions and the results cannot follow."

-"If you don't include your women graduates in your breeding pool and leave them on the shelf, you would end up a more stupid society...So what happens? There will be less bright people to support dumb people in the next generation. That's a problem."

-"We have to lock up people, without trial, whether they are communists, whether they are language chauvinists, whether they are religious extremists. If you don't do that, the country would be in ruins."

-"I am often accused of interfering in the private lives of citizens. Yes, if I did not, had I not done that, we wouldn't be here today. And I say without the slightest remorse, that we wouldn't be here, we would not have made economic progress, if we had not intervened on very personal matters - who your neighbour is, how you live, the noise you make, how you spit, or what language you use. We decide what is right. Never mind what the people think."

-"I started off believing all men were equal. I now know that's the most unlikely thing ever to have been, because millions of years have passed over evolution, people have scattered across the face of this earth, been isolated from each other, developed independently, had different intermixtures between races, peoples, climates, soils... I didn't start off with that knowledge. But by observation, reading, watching, arguing, asking, that is the conclusion I've come to."

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emperor Showa and I have the same birthday and are both INFjs. Coincidence? I think not.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Emperor Showa and I have the same birthday and are both INFjs. Coincidence? I think not.
    I'm not sure that those quotes are really relevant to Hirohito/Showa's type as an individual. I think intuitive introvert makes sense.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I'm not sure that those quotes are really relevant to Hirohito/Showa's type as an individual. I think intuitive introvert makes sense.
    I was being semi-sarcastic.

Not about the birthdays though. We're both still awesome in that respect.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is awesome!,
    what about Super Junior?
    http://www.rukorean.com/files/images...unior018qk.jpg
    " Whatever you do in life you have to connect with a sense of service,an idea your doing something for somebody." -Edward Norton

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shiny_bubbles View Post
    This thread is awesome!
    You are right.

ok, I'm biased. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by shiny_bubbles View Post
    what about Super Junior?
    wow. There are so many of them. Anyway, I don't think this photo is a good VI material, especially when they are posing very unnaturally and the photo is touched up as well.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rie Fu, IEI
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evonne Hsu: Fi-ENFp

Angela Chang: Fe-ISFp

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joey Wong: Ne-INFj

Cecilia Cheung: Fe-INFp

Fiona Sit: Fe-ISFp

Ron Ng: Si-ESTj

Last edited by eunice; 04-20-2008 at 09:37 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jaycee Chan (son of Jackie Chan): Ti-ENTp

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andy On: Si-ESTj

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump

Dai Yang Tian - INTj

Jeanette Aw - ISFp

Utt - ENTp

Zhang Ziyi - ESFj

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    Comments are welcomed.

Under construction

Alpha

ENTp

Wong Lee-Hom, singer-songwriter

CNN interview- strong Ne, values Fe and Si
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxg76BPOMdM[/youtube]

ISFp

Zhou Xun, actress

Rainie Young, actress-singer

INTj

Tony Leung, actor

Interview - talks about how he can cope comfortably with his director's Ne style and how his co-star Takuya Kimura (ESTp) became frustrated with it.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wABqTJrxCUk[/youtube]

Quotes

Stephen Chow, actor-director-producer, best known for Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle
    Under construction

Beta

ESTp

Takuya Kimura, actor-singer

INFp

Wu Zun, actor-singer

Takeshi Kaneshiro, actor
    Under construction

Gamma

ISFj

Shahrukh Khan, Bollywood star

CNN Interview
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TLts3WYlw0[/youtube]

Quotes

ESFp

Edison Chen, entrepreneur-singer

Interview - values Fi and Se
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apc9WVIr-mg[/youtube]
    eunice where are you from? I have seen tony leung here and there, and yea i would say he is some kind of NE thinker
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHAHAHAH edison chan is an ESFp, proberly thats why he nags so much hot girls, and his wallet is heavy too.

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post

Also, while we're on the topic of Asians, is it just me who thinks that generally, Japanese women are better looking than Chinese women?
    That depends, I would say Japanese girls are more manner to be more feminine and thefore more attractive, Chinese woman, depending on where they are from can be somewhat rowdy, which is a huge turn off. Also for japanese girls, whenever I walk in the heart of manhattan in Jap-town, they are all very very educated and perfectionist, some part traits are their teeth, LOL is a huge turn off but alot of them in here do some kind of cosmetic sugery to cover it up, all in all yes i do think Japs general looks better than chinese?

1)

2)

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing that kind of bugs me about Japanese women (well, more the cultural aspect than they themselves) is how lauded it is for grown women to look and act like they're in their teens. I'm somewhat hypocritical here because it does come off as cute, but I'm not sure how I feel about it really. Maybe I'm just a little wary because of all the other crazy stuff that comes out of Japan.

As an aside, I'm going to start digging through her to find it, but in the meantime has a type been suggested for Michelle Yeoh?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    The only thing that kind of bugs me about Japanese women (well, more the cultural aspect than they themselves) is how lauded it is for grown women to look and act like they're in their teens. I'm somewhat hypocritical here because it does come off as cute, but I'm not sure how I feel about it really. Maybe I'm just a little wary because of all the other crazy stuff that comes out of Japan.

As an aside, I'm going to start digging through her to find it, but in the meantime has a type been suggested for Michelle Yeoh?
    Oh really?

1)

2)

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mpiazza000 View Post
    Oh really?
    Well, it's the case in Japanese media (by that I don't mean news) and may be a skewed view, since I tend to pick up that vibe less in more serious cinema (where sometimes that trend is inverted or made fun of).
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dawn Yang, professional blogger (?), Fe-INFp

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Masaharu Fukuyama - Si-ISTp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    That depends, I would say Japanese girls are more manner to be more feminine and thefore more attractive, Chinese woman, depending on where they are from can be somewhat rowdy, which is a huge turn off.
    Ahah, I actually find the rowdiness of Chinese girls to be quite an attractive trait. I like much better chinese/singapore girls rather than japanese. Even though singaporeans/hongkongers are just like us westerns with different kind of eyes.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ryu Soo Young (<3) : Te-ENTj

Jang Nara: Fe-ISFp

Lee Byung Hyung: Ti-ISTj

Ryu Jin: Ne-ENTp

Song Seung Hun: Ti-ESTp

Won Bin: Fe-ISFp

Maggie Cheung: Fe-ESFj

Carina Lau: Fe-ESFj

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kou Shibasaki: Ne-ENFp

Ryoko Hirosue: Si-ISFp

Chow Yun-Fat, ESFp:

Last edited by Warlord; 03-07-2009 at 08:36 AM.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Chow Yun-Fat, ESFp
    Most likely. Fi subtype?

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    yay one of my favorite threads

Michio Kaku - ENTp
    Thanks glamour.

Agree on Michio Kaku. I think he is most likely a Ne subtype.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michelle Yeoh: ISTj

Donnie Yen: Se-ESFp

Most likely. Fi subtype?
    Yep, I agree with the Fi-subtype.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast