Thread: Si and "forgetfulness" & thinking about polr too much

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Si and "forgetfulness" & thinking about polr

This is not so much raw memory, but just, direction.

One ISFp I know talks about becoming forgetful in relationships, and, automatically resets to peacefulness, "forgetting" conflict. It is a very alpha approach, and has gotten him into trouble. For Si types in general, this seems to be a problem, because sooner or later things just 'reset', and it is like all direction gets lost, and has to be rebuilt.

I am realizing this in myself, in terms of my morals and beliefs and life direction. It is like I make progress and I keep 'resetting', it is very strange. It very much seems like weak Ni, would you agree? Like I will think I have a course or idea figured out, or where I am supposed to go, and I can get motivated about it for a while, but then it just resets to present moment.

Particularly, because I heard some notes from the recent socionics meet that people might focus too much on their polr - I wonder if that is the case with me. I talk about Ni so much because I am clueless about it, perhaps I should actually "think less" about it (in some ways), and just focus on what is concrete?

Did anything come up about thinking about your polr in the 'right' way? If so, I would be very interested in that. It seems when I really focus on it, I just become complacent and indolent and lazy, which is very dissatisfying.

PS: maybe this is just a sort of realization that certain kinds of introspection are just useless for me.
    It seems like there is either intense pre-planning, or none at all.
    Direction has always been an issue.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Si and "forgetfulness" & thinking about p

Quote Originally Posted by UDP

One ISFp I know talks about becoming forgetful in relationships, and, automatically resets to peacefulness, "forgetting" conflict. It is a very alpha approach, and has gotten him into trouble. For Si types in general, this seems to be a problem, because sooner or later things just 'reset', and it is like all direction gets lost, and has to be rebuilt.

I am realizing this in myself, in terms of my morals and beliefs and life direction. It is like I make progress and I keep 'resetting', it is very strange. It very much seems like weak Ni, would you agree? Like I will think I have a course or idea figured out, or where I am supposed to go, and I can get motivated about it for a while, but then it just resets to present moment.

Particularly, because I heard some notes from the recent socionics meet that people might focus too much on their polr - I wonder if that is the case with me. I talk about Ni so much because I am clueless about it, perhaps I should actually "think less" about it (in some ways), and just focus on what is concrete?

Did anything come up about thinking about your polr in the 'right' way? If so, I would be very interested in that. It seems when I really focus on it, I just become complacent and indolent and lazy, which is very dissatisfying.

PS: maybe this is just a sort of realization that certain kinds of introspection are just useless for me.
    It seems like there is either intense pre-planning, or none at all.
    Direction has always been an issue.
    This does sound a bit like weak Ni, especially the bolded part (though a lot of types change their "big" plans a lot of times, including types with strong Ni). I very much relate to the part in red. The part in italics sounds to me more like one's 6th function than 4th.

I think the best way to think of your PoLR is as something you trust your dual to watch out for and just not worry about any more than you have to. I tend to get stuck on my PoLR, but there are reasons for it. Ultimately I think that focusing on your first two functions and finding ways to fulfill your hidden agenda works best. (After all, if you're focusing too much on your PoLR, you're generally not focusing enough on your first two functions.)
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy

I think the best way to think of your PoLR is as something you trust your dual to watch out for and just not worry about any more than you have to. I tend to get stuck on my PoLR, but there are reasons for it. Ultimately I think that focusing on your first two functions and finding ways to fulfill your hidden agenda works best. (After all, if you're focusing too much on your PoLR, you're generally not focusing enough on your first two functions.)
    Not all of us have our dual.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy

Not all of us have our dual.
    Yeah seriously.

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops I meant to write something in there about that. It would read something like:

"I think the best way to think of your PoLR is as something you trust your dual to watch out for and just not worry about any more than you have to. I tend to get stuck on my PoLR, but there are reasons for it. Of course, in the absence of a dual (or someone who you're close to who is strong in that information element), you have a more difficult balancing act. Ultimately I think that focusing on your first two functions and finding ways to fulfill your hidden agenda works best. (After all, if you're focusing too much on your PoLR, you're generally not focusing enough on your first two functions.)"

Having a dual doesn't automatically solve this problem though, obviously. You have to make the decision to trust your PoLR to your dual. Also, if you're too focused on your PoLR, your relationship suffers because they're not getting their dual seeking and hidden agenda met by you as much as they should be.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP

I think you may be onto something here. No matter how much I try to take people's feelings into consideration when doing or saying something, I always end up fucking up in some way.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.