Thread: Michelle Branch

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Michelle Branch

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrngUVLVDuM[/youtube]

Quotes
    I followed my heart and figured that if I tried and failed, at least I'd know that I tried.
    Michelle Branch

I put myself into character for my songs.
    Michelle Branch

I think its so cool that you can pick up the guitar and create something that didn't exist 5 minutes ago. You can write something that no ones ever heard before. You have music at your fingertips.
    Michelle Branch

I wanted to be a Broadway star when I was younger. I wanted to sing and dance until I realized I was a horrible dancer and could probably never do it.
    Michelle Branch

I would love to be in musical theater and be on Broadway. If someone were to offer me a position to do something like that, I wouldnt pass it down. Im a huge fan of musicals and I really want to do that.
    Michelle Branch

I'm lucky because I have a job I love. I really miss being away from home, being in my own bed, seeing my animals and siblings, having my moms cookies. I have a couple cats. I got a kitten about a year ago and now Im going on the road so I wont see him for a while. I feel bad.
    Michelle Branch

It's just busier and busier every day, but I don't really notice it. I get up every day and do what I love, so I can't complain. It's my dream job.
    Michelle Branch

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hilarious that you bring this up. I've always connected with her music and what she expresses in her songs. I certainly would love to believe that this is her type, but I'll have to do some thinking and research to really be objective about things. I did think that specifically in her "Are You Happy Now" that a value for Fi showed through, as well as a sort of Se-ness. I will definitely have to get at a better analysis once all this dang school stuff this week gets out the way.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Michelle Branch

Michelle Branch: EIE-Ni?; or Fi-ego: SEE?

“Every time I feel alone / I can blame it on you / And I do, oh / You've got me like a loaded gun / Golden sun and sky so blue . . . .You just bring me down . . . . So I'm counting my tears 'til I get over you / Sometimes I watch the world go by / I wonder what it's like / To wake up every single day / Smile on your face / You never tried / We both know we can't change it / But we both know we'll just have to face it . . . . If only I could give you up / But would I want to let you off of this soapbox, baby? / We both know that we want it / But we both know you left me no choice . . . .We both know that I'm not over you / I'm not over you”

“ . . . . I tried being honest / But that left me nowhere . . . . One of these days I won't be afraid of staying with you / I’ll hope and I'll pray / Waiting to find a way back to you / ‘Cause that's where I'm home . . . .”

“I was lost / And you were found / You seemed to stand on solid ground / I was weak / And you were strong . . . . Sweet misery you cause me / That's what you called me /Sweet misery you cause me / I was blind / But oh, how you could see / You saw the beauty in everything, everything and me / I would cry / And you would smile / You'd stay with me a little while . . . . And in my heart I see, oh / What you're doing to me / And in my heart I see, oh / Just how you wanted it to be /Sweet misery . . . .”

- David Bowie cover:

- Robert Christgau:

http://www.robertchristgau.com/get_a...ichelle+Branch

'The Spirit Room [Maverick, 2001]
    Only in a biz discombobulated by teenpop could an 18-year-old with an acoustic guitar be plausibly promoted as "the anti-Britney." Don't you remember? Writing Your Own Songs means zip, zilch, nada. By now, literally millions of human beings WTOS, and while Branch may be among the top 5000 (and may not), note that her hit, like most of the front-loaded material, was co-composed by her producer. In this she precisely resembles arrant bimbo Willa Ford, who made her mark batting her plump lips at Nick Carter and Carson Daly and may yet prove the more interesting artist. Britney sure is. C'
    Last edited by HERO; 07-02-2013 at 10:32 AM.

TIM
    Ne EII
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't think Fe base fits. Don't know why, I always pegged her as SXI.
    I call myself batyote and I fight crime at night.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

interesting, it could be something about her looks (brown eyes, softer/rounder features)... in the OP's last two photos she reminds me of my youngest sister actually.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

beta NF. has a kinda female oscar wilde-ish beta nf-esque face. I say IEI.

seems like she's just begging for marlon brando in a leather jacket to flirt with her.

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE