Thread: The experience of life as an SLI-ISTp - share your thoughts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The experience of life as an SLI-ISTp - share your thoughts

SLIs, share your experiences of life. I'm curious to know how it is for my Extinguishment partners.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's 6:30 in the morning. I'm standing in the parking lot at work waiting for my car to warm up. My co-worker Karl is trying to get his truck started. He didn't plug it in. He has a dead battery. I make fun of him because his dad is a mechanic. The sky is clear, my breath like smoke. My feet hurt, but with my hood up, I'm warm. It feels good to just stand there and watch as other mechanically-inclined males coalesce. Maybe if enough of us stand around looking at it, the truck will start.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's see..

6:00am: Jump outta bed cuz I need to do interval training. So I lace up and start jogging/sprinting for about 20 minutes total.

7:00am: Shower and all that good stuff. Maybe eat breakfast if i'm really hungry

8:00am-12: Work. zzzzz

12-1: Spin in my chair and watch diggnation or something

1-5: More work. zzzz

5:00-7pm: Get home and depending on the day, I jog another 40 minutes or do Capoeira for about 2 hours

8pm: Have some real dinner, like not fruits and veggies that I snack on for most of the day.

9pm-12am: Randomness

12am: Bed.

That tends to be my regular ol day in a nutshell. This doesn't include any weekends or anything. And randomness, really, ANYTHING happens around that time. I think one time I went to gamestop cuz I was jonesing for a copy of mario galaxy and I had my damn car overheat, so I went to get some moon pies and one of the people starts like screaming at the gas station guy because of some family dispute.

Needless to say, I didn't get my moon pie

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sleep, work, and lazing about around the house.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand
    It's 6:30 in the morning. I'm standing in the parking lot at work waiting for my car to warm up. My co-worker Karl is trying to get his truck started. He didn't plug it in. He has a dead battery. I make fun of him because his dad is a mechanic. The sky is clear, my breath like smoke. My feet hurt, but with my hood up, I'm warm. It feels good to just stand there and watch as other mechanically-inclined males coalesce. Maybe if enough of us stand around looking at it, the truck will start.
    lol, awesome description.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yomama
    Last edited by betterthandead; 08-02-2008 at 03:42 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by betterthandead
    ISTPs spend a day just like any other human, however here are more unconcious things that happen to this ISTP:

1. If I see a hot girl, I will look at her and imagine fucking her ass, pussy, and face.
    2. If the girl is vulnerable I then start acting like a predator counting how many times I will fuck this bitch real good and she's gonna love it.
    3. I think about beating the crap out of the people that do stupid things
    4. I think about shooting guns all over the place, and eating good food
    5. I think about that girl, any girl how her body will jiggle all over the place as I play with her body parts.
    lol @ this wonderful description of anything but Si.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm yeah if that's ISTp, then ISTp isn't my dual. That's an aggressor, not a caretaker.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nifweed is either retarded or very very immature and young.

Typical SLI day. Wake up, forced exercise at work. Do whatever needs to be done at work. Try to have a decent lunch. Lots of coffee during the day especially if tired. Go home, hit the gym with estp bud. Come home...

Shopping with friend
    or cooking a nice meal
    or cooking a cheap inexpensive meal
    play video games and chat with friends contemplating my lazyness
    eventually feel tired enough to sleep.

thats my typical weekday.

Work is very regimented for me right now which has its ups and downs.

Later
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTPs spend a day just like any other human, however here are more unconcious things that happen to this ISTP:

1. If I see a hot girl, I will look at her and imagine fucking her ass, pussy, and face.
    2. If the girl is vulnerable I then start acting like a predator counting how many times I will fuck this bitch real good and she's gonna love it.
    5. I think about that girl, any girl how her body will jiggle all over the place as I play with her body parts.
    Jesus christ dude....wtf :/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IcEPiCk
    Nifweed is either retarded or very very immature and young.
    wrong. my apparent stupidity can be explained by the fact that i'm a deranged sociopath that extensively wanders around and sets off nuclear warheads in highly populated places during the night.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He thought you were the one that posted the crap betterthandead posted.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah man, I don't agree with any of the crap he posted. It's very degrading. Unless he was joking

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

creepiest forum post EVER! and yes, not to my knowledge, although some people have claimed SiTe is something like this (read: american psycho as ESTj.)
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some strange people here.

My typical Saturday:

Wake up around 10am, shower, do my makeup, mess around on computer, consider what i'd like for lunch, go back to messing around on computer, consider yet again what i want to eat, fix myself up, drive to mcdonalds, eat, watch some tv, computer again, consider going shopping, watch some more tv, decide not to go shopping, make some eggs, think of what i'm going to do that night, call the bf, bf doesn't answer as he's watching football, wait around 5-10 hrs for the bf to call back, make plans for dinner, plans get canceled, i get pissed, go get something else to eat, feel gross, wash my face, brush my teeth, mess around on computer, watch the food network, take some sleeping pills, fall asleep. Repeat.

That's insanely accurate...and how sad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you need a hug, jessica?
    EII

I'll tell you what
    there is plenty wrong with me
    but I fixed up a few old buildings
    and I've planted a few trees.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard

Jesus christ dude....wtf :/
    +32
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sounds like an ISTP I know very well.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17

lol @ this wonderful description of anything but Si.
    HAHAHA.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    (read: american psycho as ESTj.)
    EIE. Te and Si in the super-ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikisocion
    The psyche is not able to channel energy through the Super-Ego functions long enough to achieve lasting results, which leads to disappointment, guilt, and even neuroses if the individual believes that the development of these functions is the measure of his worth as a person.
    This is why a lot of EIEs look like the typical LSE.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI actually sounds quite a lot like me. Except that I will tend to use a bit more force in certain situations.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christy B Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:26 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

betterthandead wrote:

I was about to say that too, though ISTps can really talk a lot of bull and not do anything. Also, as I tend to see with some delta STs, they really make an effort to conform to society to look "cool," even if it really makes them look fickle and like perverts.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

betterthandead wrote:

I was about to say that too, though ISTps can really talk a lot of bull and not do anything. Also, as I tend to see with some delta STs, they really make an effort to conform to society to look "cool," even if it really makes them look fickle and like perverts.
    =]

(And I try to do cool stuff sometimes because hey, if ppl do, there's GOTTA be something good about it... right???)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno

betterthandead wrote:

lol it sounds like a guy who is about to be watched by campus police for potential daterape activity? yell that in public, dare you!
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yomama
    Last edited by betterthandead; 08-02-2008 at 03:40 PM.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LokiVanguard

Sereno wrote:
    Quote:

Quote:
    betterthandead wrote:

=]

(And I try to do cool stuff sometimes because hey, if ppl do, there's GOTTA be something good about it... right???)
    Not really... Though don't get me wrong, I do think it's good to go with the flow at times.

betterthandead Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:06 pm Post subject:

I'm keeping tabs on people that were offended.
    wtf you mean by that? If by offended you mean that I get pissed off when people are treated as if they were shit, then in that case yes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

betterthandead are you Te subtype? Also do you follow enneagram? (and if so) Do you know your type?
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yomama
    Last edited by betterthandead; 08-02-2008 at 03:36 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congrats betterthandead! you've beaten lefty, Ezra, niffweed and discojoe at the Asshole of the Week contest!
    IEI - the nasty kind...

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

creepiest forum post EVER! and yes, not to my knowledge, although some people have claimed SiTe is something like this (read: american psycho as ESTj.)
    That's what I was thinking (the american psycho thing, not the rape thing). I'm not like that my self but I know a ISFp that would go on like that for long periods of time.

We would be walking down our peaceful university town enjoying the sunshine when suddenly he would say, 'Man! check her out!'.

I would glance for a sec.

He would then blurt out loudly,'MAN ARE YOU LOOKING..?!! LOOK! LOOK! LOOK!'

I would tell him to shut the fuck up and remind him people could hear us. He could never ever tell if people could hear us or not so he burt out the most dodgiest things ever when we're surrounded by people.

Then he would go on in detail of how he wanted to spread a chicks butt cheeks and other explict dodgy sex stuff.

So yeah IMO it's possible that it's linked to Si and Si types could be into those kinds of things.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ESFp friend never shuts the fuck up about that.

Like every good looking girl he feels the need to distract my goddamn reading

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric

That's what I was thinking (the american psycho thing, not the rape thing). I'm not like that my self but I know a ISFp that would go on like that for long periods of time.

We would be walking down our peaceful university town enjoying the sunshine when suddenly he would say, 'Man! check her out!'.

I would glance for a sec.

He would then blurt out loudly,'MAN ARE YOU LOOKING..?!! LOOK! LOOK! LOOK!'

I would tell him to shut the fuck up and remind him people could hear us. He could never ever tell if people could hear us or not so he burt out the most dodgiest things ever when we're surrounded by people.

Then he would go on in detail of how he wanted to spread a chicks butt cheeks and other explict dodgy sex stuff.

So yeah IMO it's possible that it's linked to Si and Si types could be into those kinds of things.
    ugh, yeah, i know alpha SFs (guys and girls) who have been like this. like, "man, i need to stop letting my boyfriend jackhammer my asshole so much." and i'd be like, "oh hey look check out that swallowtail butterfly!" and she'd go on and on as graphically (and loudly) as possible like she totally didn't hear me trying to change topics. same thing with my ESE ex. it got fucking annoying after a while. the thing is that i link it less to SiTe (as far as the sort of thing they'd express publically) because i don't think, at least my perception is such, that they don't want to stand out like this or sort of shock you into paying attention -- whatever it is that SiTe does. at any rate, some alpha SFs have been REALLY graphic IMO. i do still think patrick bateman from american psycho was ESTj, but probably an ESTj that had been pushed to the edge?
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

bump

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supremacist View Post
    Sleep, work, and lazing about around the house.
    This most of the time

Both SLI and LSE enjoy some hobbies and go off and enjoy those hobbies during the weekend. But mostly they are homebodies or will chill with friends.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html