Thread: An example of IEI/INFp and EIE/ENFj philosophy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default An example of IEI/INFp and EIE/ENFj philosophy

I read an article today about the similarities between Soren Kierkegaard's and Bono's philosophies. As Kierkegaard is generally typed as INFp, and Bono as ENFj, I thought I might post some bits that I noted.

Both focus on -
    • Love
    • Personal faith over organised religion
    Love
    The stress is, at least for Kierkegaard, on love as "sheer action" (from Kierkegaards Works of Love). It is doing something on behalf of others. It does not expect or want a reward, such as appreciation or reciprocated love. It gives courage and strength.

Personal faith over organised religion
    Kierkegaard was critical of those he called 'Sunday Christians' - Christians who go to Church every Sunday but have no real faith commitment. He saw faith as an 'either/or' thing - you cannot be half for-God and half against-God. Such allegiance to God transcends society's moral laws.

In this sense, he was against Christendom (i.e. Christianity as an institution), but fully supported Christianity (i.e. the spirit of the teachings).

If anyone is curious I can find the article and make a more complete case study. I also have a book about Shakespeare that includes his philosophy; as Shakespeare is often typed as ENFj, I will probably post some of my notes from there.
    Five/Tanzhe

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think you're on to something five.

preference for action over talk (Se>Ne)

preference for the embeddedness of spirituality vs potentially hypocritical behavior (Ti>Te).

kind of a paradox though. since going to church is taking action to express one's spirituality. that's the way i look at it anyway. if i don't go to church i lose my spiritual edge.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

funny that going to church might be an "action" of one's love.. but of course you already stipulated that there would be a condition that they did not have a commitment other than going to the physical place.

Seems ok so far, five.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively
    preference for the embeddedness of spirituality vs potentially hypocritical behavior (Ti>Te).

kind of a paradox though. since going to church is taking action to express one's spirituality. that's the way i look at it anyway. if i don't go to church i lose my spiritual edge.
    I don't see it as a paradox. Many people don't go to church to express their spirituality, there's other reasons i.e. to avoid social repurcussions (especially if all their friends go to church), political (religious people are more quickly to identify regular church-goers as trustworthy) etc.
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95
    !!!a ahahha
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei