Thread: What's the most beneficial way to use type knowledge?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's the most beneficial way to use type knowledge?

How do you use type knowledge? I am finding that telling people their type is useless. What else can one do?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure that going around and telling people how they think without them asking is a good use of socionics, unless you want a black eye.

I think it is more useful when you use it in a more practical way, to help relationships and understand people. You can give this kind of advice without explicitly talking about socionics.

I just think that most people aren't going to want to hear about socionics unless they're into personality psych, etc...
    type #33
    but maybe LSE, and maybe E3w4(p)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    It's why you have a mana bar, not a rage bar.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me personally knowing my type and that from others, shows me what kind of relationship I can expect. This way I can filter the bad ones and look for the right ones, including my dual.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I concentrate mainly on functions 1 and 2, and eventually rely on dichotomies or such. It takes me from a few seconds to a few minutes to type somebody with some accuracy, somehow 70-80%. You can type dudes/girls naturally, as you can do NLP calibration or such.

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By finding your dual, duh.

At least it should be. That's what socionics is for. Finding and living with your dual. Healthy, long-lasting relationships.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help me recognize why I'm having communication problems with people. "Tone down the Ne !!"
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finding your place in society. Of course type alone is insufficient for this, but it helps.

Also noting your weaknesses and reaching out to others who are strong in them for assistance, which makes you more useful to society.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps in you telling other people their types it seems useless to them because you don't have facts or other supporting evidence to back it up, and also it's kind of intimidating for someone you may or may not know that well to come up to you and tell you everything about you, whether it's correct or not. It pretty much guarantees that people will be on the defensive with the whole thing. Perhaps direct them to a few websites so they can see that there is some legitimacy in what you're saying and give them a few possibilities of what you think they are. Even if you know their type, if they feel as if they had a part in coming to this conclusion they are much more ready to accept it.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    Help me recognize why I'm having communication problems with people. "Tone down the Ne !!"
    If I may suggest, the problem that I see, and I might not be correct, is a problem having to do with feelings, either Fi or Fe, not sure.
    fiona

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    Perhaps in you telling other people their types it seems useless to them because you don't have facts or other supporting evidence to back it up, and also it's kind of intimidating for someone you may or may not know that well to come up to you and tell you everything about you, whether it's correct or not. It pretty much guarantees that people will be on the defensive with the whole thing. Perhaps direct them to a few websites so they can see that there is some legitimacy in what you're saying and give them a few possibilities of what you think they are. Even if you know their type, if they feel as if they had a part in coming to this conclusion they are much more ready to accept it.
    It's not a matter of them not accepting my opinion, it's more a matter othem not wanting to fork over any rewards for my efforts.

I will forward you an email with the results of a test from a person to whom I gave it to. She was labelled as introverted by MBTI, however I think that she is E. I won't tell you the exact types because I want to see what conclusion you reach with the test. Anyways, she welcomed my info because she herself had doubted MBTI and was interested in type theory. However she was not that interested in rewards for me, and I mean simple tings, coffeee or something.

And even in this forum, people have no problem paying tuition. But when they WANT help with their type, but somehow that is not deserving of reward for the one who gives the help when the subject is their own type. Try asking someone to teach you finance for free.
    fiona

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian2
    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    It's not a matter of them not accepting my opinion, it's more a matter othem not wanting to fork over any rewards for my efforts.

I will forward you an email with the results of a test from a person to whom I gave it to. She was labelled as introverted by MBTI, however I think that she is E. I won't tell you the exact types because I want to see what conclusion you reach with the test. Anyways, she welcomed my info because she herself had doubted MBTI and was interested in type theory. However she was not that interested in rewards for me, and I mean simple tings, coffeee or something.

And even in this forum, people have no problem paying tuition. But when they WANT help with their type, but somehow that is not deserving of reward for the one who gives the help when the subject is their own type. Try asking someone to teach you finance for free.
    sure i'd love to look at it perhaps because she didn't ask for your help that it to her it seemed like you were volunteering out of your own good will cuz it's something you're interested in? idk maybe she didn't think that type was really her but was afraid to tell u? who knows...
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I may suggest, the problem that I see, and I might not be correct, is a problem having to do with feelings, either Fi or Fe, not sure.
    What, you think that's my problem? LOL I don't know about here but IRL it's Ne.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'll go with SM on this one...it's the Ne that vibes a lot of people the wrong way....she's right....ya hafta tone it down.

but to answer the thread question, ideally, socionics is useful for predicting what kind of communication problems you might have with somebody. so then you could figure out how to work around that, like in a work setting. might help you identify a good work setting to be in based on quadra values or what you could bring to the organization. helpful for finding your dual i guess. at my age this seems very impractical. but you could at least find compatible relationships.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively
    i'll go with SM on this one...it's the Ne that vibes a lot of people the wrong way....she's right....ya hafta tone it down.

but to answer the thread question, ideally, socionics is useful for predicting what kind of communication problems you might have with somebody. so then you could figure out how to work around that, like in a work setting. might help you identify a good work setting to be in based on quadra values or what you could bring to the organization. helpful for finding your dual i guess. at my age this seems very impractical. but you could at least find compatible relationships.
    bu...but I like Ne...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We so need to find a nice ENFp for you, LV. You are one of the world's greatest ISTps. <3 And you're emotionally mature and ready to be in a real relationship and everything.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We so need to find a nice ENFp for you, LV. You are one of the world's greatest ISTps. <3 And you're emotionally mature and ready to be in a real relationship and everything.
    agreed....

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are making me blush . That's one of the greatest compliments I've ever received, thanks you two!

Unfortunately, I've found out that ENFp's on first glance go under my radar very easily. I guess I have to start paying more attention The ESFj's are more open about how they feel about me so hence I tend to run into them more =\
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire