Thread: High energy "ESFp" characters in RPGs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default High energy "ESFp" characters in RPGs

I write for RPGs and occasionally stories on my own. Right now I'm trying my hand at writing with a SEE character.

It's a little scary. I rarely play high-energy chars, and with this one I keep having to remind myself not to artificially "rein her in", so to speak. I'm afraid she'll do something to turn the other players against her.

I'd like to know, are there any basic, um, thingies I can keep in mind when writing SEEs? this one is a female general. What would make a SEE a good general? Historical examples?

I am also concerned about confusing SEE and SLE.
    And this, too, shall pass away.

ILI

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Andrew Jackson and Lafayette were likely SEE generals. The Russians would include Julius Caesar; I'm not persuaded of that.

Another example (probably all but unknown to you) is King Pedro IV of Portugal, a.k.a. Pedro I of Brazil, as in Portugal's Liberal Wars of 1831-34.

I think the key difference between SLE and SEE generals is that the SLE - like Napoleon - would be likely to have a "I am the one who knows what the best tactic and strategy is" attitude, while the SEE is more likely to have a close circle of trusted officers with whom he bounces ideas off.

I think both are likely to be decisive, even impulsive, on the battlefield, and be physically courageous. The SLE will have a combination of "pomposity" with occasional moments of being approachable, as in drinking with soldiers, etc. The SEE is more likely to have a more modest "aura" while at the same time seem a bit more reserved than the SLE general.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, what would make a SEE a good general --

- confidence in evaluating the balance of power between opposing forces, and in analyzing tactical advantages (as in natural features of the battlefield, etc)
    - very quick to make decisions on the spot (this can backfire, but during a battle it's an advantage)
    - natural ease of command and of being convincing when exercising authority
    - ease of gaining respect of ordinary soldiers by not being afraid of physical dangers
    - ease of gaining respect of officers by listening to their views and relating to them well as individuals, even as he remains the boss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May I ask the rationale behind Jackson and Lafayette as SEEs? Are you aware of any resources I can use to help get a sense of the SEE character?

ILI

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FlameReborn
    May I ask the rationale behind Jackson and Lafayette as SEEs?
    The rationale is simply that what I know of them fits my understanding of SEEs best. I can't give you a brief answer, and I won't now give the lengthy one, sorry.

Jackson may have been SLE but I don't think so.

Lafayette may have been LIE (ditto).

Are you aware of any resources I can use to help get a sense of the SEE character?

Look at the Filatova, Socioscope, and Stratievskaya descriptions:

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...e_descriptions

The "main" description of the wiki isn't that good imo.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Quick Question on SEEs

The difference is VERY simple. SEE's are usually more friendly, and appear more "feminine" than SLE's.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc

The difference is VERY simple. SEE's are usually more friendly, and appear more "feminine" than SLE's.
    I don't think that's true, and besides, it really depends on what you mean by "friendly" and "feminine".

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The female general wants to be competent, and her ability to lead is questioned because of her spunky attitude.. she ends up fucking things up, and needs someone to help her save face and reputation, and get her army out of a bind. The ILI character comes in and kills the badguys and breaks her out of the dungeon. COOL. Then she has sex with him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:: grins::

ILI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat
    The female general wants to be competent, and her ability to lead is questioned because of her spunky attitude.. she ends up fucking things up, and needs someone to help her save face and reputation, and get her army out of a bind. The ILI character comes in and kills the badguys and breaks her out of the dungeon. COOL. Then she has sex with him
    pssshhh i'dve gotten out of that shit all by myself... who's the victim and aggressor anyway?
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I write for RPGs and occasionally stories on my own. Right now I'm trying my hand at writing with a SEE character.

It's a little scary. I rarely play high-energy chars, and with this one I keep having to remind myself not to artificially "rein her in", so to speak. I'm afraid she'll do something to turn the other players against her.

I'd like to know, are there any basic, um, thingies I can keep in mind when writing SEEs? this one is a female general. What would make a SEE a good general? Historical examples?

If you watch anime, Naruto or Luffy are good examples of fictional SEE's. Rocky (from the boxing movies) is an excellent example. Hmmm... I'll let you know if I think of any others.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Rocky (from the boxing movies) is an excellent example.
    lol hardly. He's not even a poor excuse for an ESFp. Rocky is an introvert; He's shy, has only like two friends, he's not social at all, he even has poor social skills etc.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Creepy-pokeball

Johnny Knoxville

...and I just made a thread on another ESFp.