Thread: Honest Thoughts--Type?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Honest Thoughts--Type?

Below is a hastily written, cathartic exegesis of sorts. Anyone have insight into the individual's type/preferences?

Any desires and abilities to be a free-thinking and autonomous individual have been derailed over the course of my education and upbringing. The established notions of how one is to grow and live one’s life restricts movement and free thought. The goal of the school system, beginning in elementary school, was to prepare students for college rather than providing an exemplary education in the present. Success is considered to be financial for all rather than individual--personal. How can those who have their own plans go about fulfilling their goals when the system rejects and disrupts those goals at the first sign of deviation?

There has to be steps taken to educate individuals rather than masses. Individual preferences must be taken into account. Education of the masses is big business. Unfortunately, education of the masses negates the individual. If one is self-sufficient, capable of learning the prescribed curricula on his own, what reason is there for him not to? If one can grasp what takes others twice the time, time is left to satisfy curiosities, delve into topics with more depth, and to further supplement one’s education beyond the prescribed. But when the student is mandated to attend class, where little intelligent debate exists, where generalizations and ego-stroking have free reign, formerly curious, probing minds fall idle and are wasted.

The desire to attend college to earn high paying jobs and the exigent need for our society to consume less is dissonant and hypocritical. Should we not be moving towards living with less? Granted, one needs money to survive. But how much stuff does one person really need? Most students claim they go to school, not primarily for the education, the enrichment of the mind, but for the riches they hope to achieve with their diploma in hand. Our parents and educators serve as a poor examples. Graduates and future students cannot attend college with the mindset of exceeding the material wealth our progenitors have taken from this earth because any personal material comfort gains will be mitigated by the devastation done to our habitat and to the other humans who have to live with the consequences of our greed and immoderation. The dreary statistic that there would need to be four or five Earths to sustain our level of consumption can be repeatedly heard on campus, but evidently few understand or want to face the serious problems caused by our greed. The self-serving nature of the students is reflected in the self-serving nature of the institution.

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILIs such as niffweed may doubt it, but I think ILI is plausible. NT club is a cert.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think it's possible to tell much of anything from this.

@ezra, sophisticated language != NT. i'm not sure that ILI is particularly likely, but it's certainly not an impossibility.

Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More likely INFp.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFP is my guess, but I do not support such hypothetical guessing. A short prose like this expresses opinions that any type could hold. Out guesses are only sligthly better than chance just because of experience with different types and likelyhood that a person of a type will have such opinions.
    fiona

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay. Come to think of it, NFs are pretty linguistically talented, am I right?
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Right.

They tend to use rare (fancy) words, and visual descriptions with lots of details in their writings.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NF rant
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate all of your responses. I realize that it may be difficult to tell what this person's type may be from such a brief, and maybe somewhat irrelevant piece of writing, but I thought that maybe certain themes or functions may shine through. Also:

Ezra, did you change your mind from NT to NF? If so, why?

FDG, I'm curious, what makes you think this is an NF rant?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    any type can be eloquent and verbose.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a Ne-Si rant. So Alpha or Delta.

If I had to guess, I'd say more Delta than Alpha.

And more likely Delta NF than Delta ST.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr
    jcavosr... Why do you have my avatar!
    Hah, I couldn't have because I made this one...which movie did you take Takeshi from?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr
    Duo luo tian shi..

And this was my first avatar here...
    :wink:
    Oooh, Fallen Angels is my favorite WKW. Hmm, I don't recognize the scene you took that avatar from though.
    BTW, sorry to cramp yer style

Also, I won't change...for (almost) anyone :wink: