TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default For everyone...

This is particularly for the newer members, but I guess everyone really:

Don't try to help type someone unless you're confident that you know what you're doing. I won't point the finger, but all the time I see people who have just gotten here poking around in people's "What's My Type" threads and just throwing things out there. 90% of the people on these forums still have a non-practicable understanding of the functions, and while it may sound arrogant of me to say so, it is the truth, and if people who are unsure of their understandings are playing around and throwing around illegitimate correlations or typings, they're going to confuse both themselves and those trying to type/be typed.

So please, unless you really know what you're doing, at least make it obvious that you're just "throwing it out there."
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-bg

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gilly, what do you have in your mouth?
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gilly, what do you have in your mouth?
    my blunt

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A burning stick.

Are you from ATL or not?

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I've caused more confusion than help in any of my analyses, then I want to apologize for that.

My first reaction to reading this was "guilty as charged". So, I sincerely hope that I've at least tried to voice just my own personal thoughts on the analysis as opposed to speaking seemlingly more authortiatively on the analyses I've made. If it has not come across that way, then I just want to apologize for that.

Edit: I'll own up to it.

Edit 2: I know you're just saying to be careful as a word of caution, and I hear that... I'm just apologizing if it has happened.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg
    If I've caused more confusion than help in any of my analyses, then I want to apologize for that.

My first reaction to reading this was "guilty as charged". So, I sincerely hope that I've at least tried to voice just my own personal thoughts on the analysis as opposed to speaking seemlingly more authortiatively on the analyses I've made. If it has not come across that way, then I just want to apologize for that.

Ouch. Hidden agenda hit. ENFp's hidden agenda is "to know".
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't apologize. If you do not make mistakes you will never learn. All he is basically saying is "don't be wrong" and "don't cause confusion by voicing your wrong ideas". In the context of a search for understanding, which is what newcomers like you are doing, something to be discarded.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are something to be discarded.

Being on a search for understanding doesn't mean you can disregard your effect on the rest of the world, including others' searches for understanding. If you aren't confident that you have serious basis for what you're saying, then you should either say as much or not speak. Doing otherwise would be intellectually irresponsible.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    A burning stick.

Are you from ATL or not?
    it's not clear in the photo, quite honestly. i figured it was bg's blunt. (;
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being on a search for understanding doesn't mean you can disregard your effect on the rest of the world, including others' searches for understanding. If you aren't confident that you have serious basis for what you're saying, then you should either say as much or not speak. Doing otherwise would be intellectually irresponsible.
    Intellectually irresponsible? What you are doing here is entering a children's playground and correcting the kids in their play, claiming they are irresponsible in their play. Ridiculous.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    You are something to be discarded.

Intellectually irresponsible? What you are doing here is entering a children's playground and correcting the kids in their play, claiming they are irresponsible in their play. Ridiculous.
    Don't worry about Gilly. He's just an ass that wants to feel special about himself. Good ideas sometimes..... but an ass none the less. He's definitely not the be all end all of anything anyways.
    Suomea

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing otherwise would be intellectually irresponsible.
    there is an element of truth in gilly's criticism, but a statement like this is insane.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit 2: I know you're just saying to be careful as a word of caution, and I hear that... I'm just apologizing if it has happened.
    since you've posted quite a lot in my type thread, i just wanted to say you didn't come off as being authoratative about your analysis, and that what you've said has helped me a lot (if not in determining my type, at least in helping me form a better understanding of certain things for myself). so i hope you don't feel inhibited in posting in my thread as a result of this!

i think as long as someone states that they're still coming to terms with socionics themselves, then their input shouldn't be discouraged... sometimes outsiders can come up with more valuable insights than someone who has been deeply immersed in something for a long time

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guilty of this I am. But I don't know what's right or wrong here... In and of myself I do not care. But reality extends beyond that, and so I do care.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one can easily qualify one's responses in "what's my type" and when attempting to type people in general, with phrases like
    "I believe..."
    "I think..."
    "My understanding is..."
    "I'm not sure, but..."
    "It seems to me that..."
    and so on.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp