Thread: Your most favorite conversation

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Your most favorite conversation

loki ISTp made an "i love INFj" thread where an INFj said "that is my favorite type of conversation" . I think this is useful for typing..

you know what to do.*

* tell what your favorite kind of conversation is and what your type is, and/or your thoughts on typing people by favorite convos.

Currently I am interested in connecting interest areas with one's type. For example, i feel that a lot of people pursue careers that have to do with their role function or in order to serve their dual seeking functions.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Favorite type of conversation....you mean in real life? one-on-one, definitely. I don't like talking in 3s at ALL. 4s are okay but it has to be good balance and chemistry between all of the people.

I prefer either:

1. goofy, wacky conversation with lots of teasing and verbal sparring, talking about life in general, nothing heavy, lots of laughing
    or
    2. a deeper type of discussion assigning meanings and significance to actions, seeking to understand others and relationships (of course that is kind of a stereotypical thing for an IEI to say but I do really enjoy that)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one of my favorite conversations in my life was with an INxp.. (he was thought to be an INTp by certain forum users who are no longer with us, but may be INFp ) and it was about religious beliefs. The satisfaction came from reaching completion of the conversation, and stopping at the end. To me that is extremely satisfying and almost beautiful. I could see that relating to my ego function of Ti.. feeling as if these matters had a finality and as if I was seeing a whole, and that the conversation came to completion by argument. When I spoke with him it felt as if the boundaries of my mind and of his were clear.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what the hell is a "favorite conversation?"

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the way it was used in Loki Vanguard's comment is that there are certain subjects that one can talk about for long periods of time, and which they enjoy, more than other subjects.

Or maybe it is a type of conversation (argument, joke competition, compliment exchange)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    i think the way it was used in Loki Vanguard's comment is that there are certain subjects that one can talk about for long periods of time, and which they enjoy, more than other subjects.

Or maybe it is a type of conversation (argument, joke competition, compliment exchange)
    to answer both: any intellectual/philosophical discussion/argument about some topic i know something about and have some real interest in.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work with an ENFp creationist and we have some greats convos (I'm an atheist). We agree on nothing, but the conversation feels like we're bouncing on a verbal/proverbial trampoline.

Lately, some of the best conversations I've had have been hanging out with my classmates at school talking about geology. It's a very small department, and not uncommon for undergrads, grads and professors to be chilling out in the same room BSing about stuff. Topics have included: tenure, schmoozing up companies for free merch, driving a van full of students off a California cliff, and why all the best geologists have beards.

Bar convos suck.

When I was a teen, hanging out with my skateboarding buddies was always fun. A mix of talking and skating. Mixing conversation with any physical activity is usually a good thing.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I used to work at UPS as a package loader, there was this guy that I always loaded with that was a few years younger than me. Looking back, it's kind of hard to type him, other than perhaps as an ExTx. It took me a while to really open up and start speaking my mind, but we would have these long-ranging conversations for the better half of our shifts (which was about 4 hours long) about just about anything. He was always so skeptical but he'd entertain whatever issue was at hand and we'd just keep on going, talking about our respective thoughts and putting questions to one another. The topics ranged anywhere from whether black holes really exist (he wasn't convinced), the nature of consciousness (if there were souls or if you could reproduce every physical aspect of a person and whether they would in turn be conscious in the same way), ethics (whether we would stop someone from robbing a person that had at some time previous ticked us off), movies (he pointed me towards The Descent, which I loved), music, religion (which, given his family's spirituality, I thought it was very awesome that we could, openly), philosophy, the people we worked with, and pretty much anything else you could think of.

Basically, I guess that was a very long-winded way of saying that my favorite type of conversation is one-on-one where both of you are free to bring up absolutely anything at all without any feeling of being judged, where your minds are free to roam and the other person will not only listen to what you have to say but willingly engages you, and also where any topic (no matter how serious) can be discussed without taking things too seriously.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like talking about philosophy, drugs, people's personalities, formative or revelatory experiences, and basically anything that forces people to leave their "comfort zone," which is usually stuff like sex, death, mental illness, crime, etc. I dislike talking about stuff like politics where people spit out premeditated opinions and everything is spoiled because nobody wants to change their minds. It's disgusting to me to watch people "talk" about politics knowing that it's mostly just regurgitated media blither and not real communication or exchange of ideas.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love witty banter... when it's so on point that it's like a game of badminton. There are times I'm totally in the "witty banter/wry innuendo" zone with someone I'm really romantically attracted to, and I actually become euphoric. Face gets flushed, and I can hear my blood pounding in my ears.

Usually also get that same euphoric feeling during deeper conversations too, especially when I can actually feel like there are walls coming down between myself and the other person. When we're sharing really meaningful and personally relevant topics. Beliefs, personality traits, values, etc. "Self" stuff. Anything that lessens the distance between people and makes me feel closer to someone. (My default orientation seems to be alienation)

I don't always need to agree with someone, but that feeling of simpatico and being in synch helps.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

philosophies on life and money/business/investment
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-bg

crazy shit + what Gilly wrote + what aka-kitsune wrote

lol... pretty much whatever... as long as it's a dialogue and not some idiot telling me about how his gf left him without listening to or avoiding the reasons.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bar conversations are utterly dull. Bar girls can be very dull

Yeah, well, I shared that I love conversations about life experiences and how/if that changed your perceptions on anything. But another definite favorite is talking while doing a physical activity. That is the only way to bond

And I thought people were supposed to put their type right after that?
    (ISTp)

Creepy-bg

my type is none of your peoples business

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get out.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the " Wtf am I doing with my life?" conversations. They remind me that no one anywhere has any answers.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    I like the " Wtf am I doing with my life?" conversations. They remind me that no one anywhere has any answers.
    Auvi, have you ever considered a sex change?

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    who hasn't?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favourite conversations are the ones where I find out about people and tell them about me.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    who hasn't?
    Deep inside me is a delightful, independent, black hippie chick just waiting for the right man to bring her out. :wink: