Thread: What type am I ?

Creepy-Unknown

Default What type am I ?

Inside I am continually reworking an issue. I am constantly open to new directions, always tweaking and bringing in new information. I solve a problem by looking at all the angles, probably whatever side I need to. There is an answer, and I just need to get to the best way to figure it out—to meet my objectives and give it to people how it is without annoying anyone.

To work with difficult situations I become very logical and very analytical, and I look to see where things fit. I always watch and if there’s a problem, I go back inside myself to see what may need to be done and how best to approach a situation. I like to find a technique.

The observational part of me is the ability to see when an opportunity exists and to actually act on it and make things a little bit better. I like to choose the timing for when it’s appropriate to say or do something. I spend a lot of time considering scenarios before I make decisions. I’ll usually go with a hunch, my intuition, what’s the most likely cause. I do my best problem solving in my head away from whatever it is. I step back outside of things, think for a while, and make adjustments—could this be better than that, how do these react, and how does the whole system go together? I’m willing to do the upfront work, which makes it expedient because I never have to repeat it.

In my work, I don’t want to be just doing stuff for the sake of doing stuff. I like to accomplish things—make a contribution. That’s real important. I take a “do it” type of approach. It’s very practical. It’s very here and now. That does not mean I don’t take into consideration the big picture and what’s down the road and what’s best for the organization, but at the same time my big focus is “let’s get this show on the road and let’s do it.” I do it as well as I can. Then I think very well on my feet. I can be quick with the verbal comeback—I like the impact. I just get in there and do it, and whatever job I go into, I hit the ground running. And I’m very competitive, often with myself. I tie one hand behind my back and see if I can still do it.

Those times that I have to use my heart, it drives me crazy because I’m looking for things in clear-cut answers. I have a hard time agreeing that other people look at things completely differently. People should think things through. I have a problem with people reading between the lines. They hear words I never say, and I select my words carefully. I can take myself out of it so I usually don’t take things personally. And I find I have to make a point to remember that people are part of the equation. I have to work that in.

I rarely work on one thing at a time. I get an idea and chase it down. I’m always studying—not just books but looking at what interests me. I customize everything I touch; people tell me I can’t do something, and I say sure I can. And I like time to just sit down and enjoy. But when I have too much time I tend to just pick away at things. I am really much better when there is a deadline.

I look at the world as a place to enjoy. I like things to smell good, taste good, look and feel good. I love exploring the outdoors. The peace and stillness, the little noises and different views. I feel really comfortable out there. I have no desire to be with people when I don’t know anybody. It’s a delightful sensation when I see an animal.

I don’t like the social stuff. It takes too much time, too much energy. I’m bored. I can’t figure out how to make myself more relaxed, and I never really know what I’m supposed to be saying. I have only a few close friends that I really see a lot. Yet people have seen me as someone very lively and talkative. That’s the part of me that likes life to be an adventure.

I like flexibility in what I do. Fun means something that interests me. Organized things don’t come to me easily, but I can do them. I’ve always found ways to make things fun. It’s a game to make sure you can come to the next point where you have freedom again There’s something insincere about doing something just because of somebody or something else. What I do has to make sense, have impact. I cannot stand just busy work. It has to be meaningful. I have an incredible amount of enthusiasm and passion for certain things that I do and want to see done.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably INTJ, based on your description.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creepy-

You 're one hell of a promoter, Hugo.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I support HUGO. He uses a very rational approach. What the point to break your head about the type if we have got tests? Unless, you have extra powers to read between the line (intuitive types?).

If you want to get another short test, send me PM.
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tests work under the assumption that the person possesses an accurate assessment of the self, which is quite difficult to obtain.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Descriptions are the best way to tell here.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should hire that brain types guy. We can send him short video clips of everyone and then he can tell us what types we Really are *coughrmcnew*. That would be cool if you could just walk into a room and say 'catch' and toss someone a ball and then know their type by the way they move (or flinch) to catch it.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I was thinking that would be cool, too. Or maybe we can get people to start doing stuff like that on here and what it's like. I would be interested in doing something like that. It's at least better than VI, even if you're not an expert at it. Actually, I don't think anyone is really an "expert" at VI.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't seen many detailed articles on VI, such as what characteristics indicate what types. Mostly just "similar types look alike". It all seems very subjective and vague to the point of impractical.
    That faith makes blessed under certain circumstances, that blessedness does not make of a fixed idea a true idea, that faith moves no mountains but puts mountains where there are none: a quick walk through a madhouse enlightens one sufficiently about this. (A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.) - Friedrich Nietzsche

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what i wrote to Ms.K about determining the type based on the Ganin's last article. Hope it will be of any help:

Do you feel strongly as a thinker or a feeler?
    How confident are you about being intuitive or sensorical?

Please answer, these questions.

Just would like to elaborate on the Ganin's article a bit more.

The rational types suppose to feel much stronger as a feelers or thinkers.

- to have powerful emotions and to influence people.
    - to have knowledge and understanding about relationships
    - Hunger for theoretical/abstract knowledge,
    - the desire to experiment in material world of logics

So, if people feel pretty strong/dominant in this functions or feel a huge drive for these functions - they suppose to be rationals.

Irrationals are mysterical for me to a certain degree as I am a rational type. But for me that would not be difficult to decide that there is no war between senses and intuition because i am not intuitive - I know it for sure -so I know that I am sensorical. Intuition is for me like a dark hole - so it is my weakest function and hidden agenda according to Ganin.

His artical does make sense. So if the person does not know where to start, we can ask about these two opposions:

How confident you feel to be a feeler or a thinker? Hwo confident you are to be a intuitive or sensorical? May be it is worth for feelers and thinkers and other types to create the most suitable questions for what it means to be a thinker or a feeler? Not too create too much confusion on this differences. To give a good definitions of this different functions.

If the person says I am definetly a thinker and feelings is my dark hole - that is already a clue for his weakest function. But when asked about intuitiona and senses - he will get puzzled, then he might be irrational type. So you look then for irrational types who have got feeling as a weak function.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, but I think that article should not be taken too seriously. It over simplifies things WAY too much, and isn't consistant. For example, it is harder for me to distinguish between sensing/intution, and the same thing happend to Cone... and I believe Sychophant had similar problems. Taz is another one who was split between sensing/intuition, but she's a perciever. But if you ask Pedro, I think he's said somethings in the past about believing more in his morals/feeling function. Mysticsonic was the same way, he never thought he was a sensor. I'd be willing to say that the article should claim the exact opposite of what Ganin is.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hugo, is it your picture?

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, its Mystic sonic's pic, as of 12/3.2005 4:10 pm pacific standard time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is Hugo.

<--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[
    To Rocky:

I think we have got a misunderstanding here. You said:

"For example, it is harder for me to distinguish between sensing/intution, and the same thing happend to Cone... and I believe Sychophant had similar problems. Taz is another one who was split between sensing/intuition, but she's a perciever".

The Ganin's article suggests exactly this: that perceivers/irrational types in socionincs will have difficulty to decide between senses and intuition, becuase these two functions accroding to Ganin are in the war. In the war means that first/base functions is the strongest/dominant one and the fourth is inferior but is also strong enough and represents your ambition.

Although we got used to count the first and the second functions as strongest - Ganin puts slightly different emphasis on the fourth function. The forht function is fighting for the dominance with the base function. While the second/creative function is strong but has got a different emphasis as suplemetary or supportive function. That means that the second function does not fight for the dominance with the first one but rather helps the first function to get it's way through to achive what it wants.

Take for for example your type, it is important for you to feel in harmony with the place where you are, to feel comfortable (sorry for simlifications)- your base function is . Under the best condition you don't need to do much, but if the need arise, if you feel uncomfortable with the person or in disharmony with your environment - you will use a very practical approach: you will avoid this person and rearrange the immidiate environment. You will not sit and think -you will use your This is not the war but a helping hand from your second function.

Your last function is , this is where your ambition is to feel the future, to discover something like different parts of the brains connected to socionics types - to be ahead of what is known. So do not believe that the fourth function is in reality the weakest one - it will be strong enough to fight for the dominance if you want it to be this way.

The people which you mentioned Taz, Cone, Pedro, , Sychopat - are all irrational types in socionincs so what you said about their strugle between senses and intuition is understandable and does not disagree with Ganin's article. MysticSonic is INTJ and rational. As regards to Pedro, he criticises things which is ok for INTP. As regards to feelings and morality, i did not notice that it is his strong(est) function.

Ganin is intellegent but has got difficulty to express his knowledge in a sensible/popular way. Hopefully he will take next time more effort to do so.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Creepy-

socionics infp = ni fe si te (conscious functions)
    socinics isfj = fi se ti ne (conscious functions)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Creepy-

Oh, the functions are not that hard. I'll (try to) explain. In the socionic model, a rational function (Te, Ti, Fe, Fi) always follows an irrational function (Ne, Ni, Se, Si) and vice-versa. An introverted function (Ti, Fi, Ni, Si) always follows an extroverted function (Te, Fe, Ne, Se) and vice-versa. All eight functions are present in the pysche. Four of the functions deal with information consciously (functions 1-4), while the other four deal with information subconsciously (functions 5-8). Your conscious functions, in their specific order, are your duals subconscious functions and vice-versa.

INFP:
    conscious functions: Ni(1) Fe(2) Si(3) Te(4)
    subconscious: Se(5) Ti(6) Ne(7) Fi(8)

ESTP:
    conscious functions: Se(1) Ti(2) Ne(3) Fe(4)
    subconscious: Ni(5) Fe(6) Si(7) Ti(8)

If you want to determine the order of the functions for a specific type, just look at the type acronym (INFP, ESFP, ESTJ, whatever, etc). The first letter will tell you if ones first function is introverted (I) or extroverted (E). The second letter tells you what ones strongest irrational function is. The third letter tells you what ones strongest rational function is. The forth function tells you whether ones first function is rational or irrational.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis
    This is Hugo.

Pure. Laffing gas.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quote="Transigent"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Olga
    The Ganin's article suggests exactly this: that perceivers/irrational types in socionincs will have difficulty to decide between senses and intuition, becuase these two functions accroding to Ganin are in the war. In the war means that first/base functions is the strongest/dominant one and the fourth is inferior but is also strong enough and represents your ambition.
    Actually, for the P's they confuse T and F.

For the J's, they confuse S and N.

The dominant function (#1) should be pretty clear.

So, you got it backwards...

Of course, realize that the article itself was written by an INTj. It doesn't seem like they have the ability to understand things that aren't clearly cut and dry, and they like to formulate thier theories without regard to the inherent error in "data collection".[/quote]

People who do not know socionincs can be confused about any opposition as ti was mentioned above - some people do not know themselves weel enough and consider the attractive qualities as their own ones. That is why you need those who knows socionincs and who can actually explain very clearly what each function means and how it can be expressed in everyday behaviour. But as Maizemeldy said you need to know not only the theory and what it means but also how the first four functin interact.

That is why i opened the topic a few days ago WORKING OF THE FUNCTIONS but the topic stuck because people were not interested to see how the functions interact in real life situations or may be simply are not ready for a challenge. I didn't want to give all answers eather - what's the point? I could explain theoreticly but I still need real life examples from the original types to make it proved.
    Maizemeldly, are you ready for a challenge - shall we work on it together?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am glad to hear that you are interested. We shall progress slowly and we shall try to clear all vague things for you, just ask and if i know I will help or the others. We shall work initially on the four first functions. If you find the topic Working of the functions - it is on the second page and have a look there. I started with ISTP, only two functions are described and approved. First we shall finish with this type and then we shall move to the other types. There is a lot of info about INTJ already, so it will be not difficult to do this type next.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please, have a look at the article, which I wrote: ISTP's interaction of functions. It has accidently came out as guest's one.