Thread: Do computers make socionics useless?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do computers make socionics useless?

Since it's a new science it seems like everyone has a different idea of what socionics is.

to me socionics has a cosmic meaning- as if there are meaningful patterns in everything. it seems like the first system that integrates all people into a conscious whole, rather than being group specific. It focuses on the relativity and subjectivity of individual value systems and their interdependence with one another.

although I haven't heard of what they're doing at microsoft it seems like an interesting concept that might eventually merge with socionics(or whatever it is that socionics becomes)

socionics is just a bi-product, or a reaction to the advances humanity is making. I think that it is one of many things that are heading in an "integrated" direction.

If people tend to find their way together, so might similar sciences as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just because something is modelled by a computer doesn't make it "mathematical" and not interpretive. there's still theory used to assess the result of the data, just like socionics theory. all socionics seems to provide is what to do with accurate data.. the problem lies in accumulating and validating accurate data, and the techniques used to do this are varied and often conflicting. microsoft will run into a lot of the same problems that socionics and any theoretical social science does.