Thread: real difference between the INTx's

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default real difference between the INTx's

What I'm wondering is, what are the specific areas where LII and ILI diverge? I know a lot of INTp's mistakenly test as INTj's, and vice-versa, and I identify with traits of both, so I'm wondering in what regards are they truly different. Whether it be behaviors or patterns of thought.....

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: real difference between the INTx's

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng
    What I'm wondering is, what are the specific areas where LII and ILI diverge? I know a lot of INTp's mistakenly test as INTj's, and vice-versa, and I identify with traits of both, so I'm wondering in what regards are they truly different. Whether it be behaviors or patterns of thought.....
    It is much more common that INTps test as INTjs than the other way around.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very very different. I don't even know where to begin.

edit: Sorry, that's not a good answer. See the descriptions at Wikisocion:

INTj: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...itive_Introtim
    INTp: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...gical_Introtim

Keep in mind that each was written by that type (I wrote most of the INTj one).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Keep in mind that each was written by that type (I wrote most of the INTj one).
    that's not completely correct; i wrote most of the ILI one and accepted contributions from jonathan, but additionally from people like rick and expat. afaik expat wrote the whole section on Fi.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    yes, that is what I've heard. I'm not looking for some absolute answer, but just specific, unique examples of behavioral/cognitive differences. I'll reread the material. any real life examples would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, that is what I've heard. I'm not looking for some absolute answer, but just specific, unique examples of behavioral/cognitive differences. I'll reread the material. any real life examples would be appreciated.
    INTjs and INTps are indeed very different, but nevertheless it is rather easy to confuse these two types, especially if you only read type and functions descriptions. A lot of people have got them wrong.

Your way of phrasing your questions and their content suggests that INTp is more likely than INTj in your case (if those are the only options), but it is way too soon to tell for sure. To ask for real life examples is what an INTp would typically do (an expression of ), whereas an INTj does not have the same natural inclination for thinking in relation to concrete situations.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To ask for real life examples is what an INTp would typically do (an expression of ), whereas an INTj does not have the same natural inclination for thinking in relation to concrete situations.
    interesting. although, part of the reason why I asked for concrete examples is because I have read much of the theoretical material already. I previously thought that the easiest way to distinguish was the p/j scale, with INTp's being more laid-back and spontaneous. but after seeing hitta's video, and how he is, and the fact that he is INTj, I stopped using that method. I guess one could look at the polr's and agendas....I honestly identify a little more with the INTp's need to love rather than the INTj's need to be healthy.

It seems that an INTp is at home in situations where they can apply their long-term vision to practical benefit, while the INTj is happy in situations where they can apply their logic to abstract/theoretical fields.

an example for me is dr house, who I have yet to decide on. he's definitely abstract and analytical ( ), but the way he thinks in leaps and underlying patterns suggests .

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I previously thought that the easiest way to distinguish was the p/j scale, with INTp's being more laid-back and spontaneous.
    That is still a workable method, but you have to understand the J/P dichotomy correctly in order to use it. And INTps are not very spontaneous in comparison to a lot of other irrational types.

It seems that an INTp is at home in situations where they can apply their long-term vision to practical benefit, while the INTj is happy in situations where they can apply their logic to abstract/theoretical fields.
    That is not a reliable method.

an example for me is dr house, who I have yet to decide on. he's definitely abstract and analytical ( ), but the way he thinks in leaps and underlying patterns suggests .
    He is probably an ESTj.