Thread: Just so you're all aware

Creepy-bg

maybe we should hook up him and his army with Tcaud and his army and they can have a socionics war

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Betas aren't bad folk.

You do get some wack-jobs that go on a quadra-pride (or other types of similar) kind of rampages from various quadras here. I think that personality types/relationship theories are a strong draw for those with grandiose ideas and narcissistic tendencies. What better place to feed egos than a place that explores the self in depth?
    My mirror?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do get some wack-jobs that go on a quadra-pride (or other types of similar) kind of rampages from various quadras here.
    i don't know the extent of who you're referring to, but people that claim to be beta and demonstrate a complete bastardization of socionics shouldn't necessarily be taken to be beta.

certainly, there are a number of beta types who are incredibly stupid on this board (phaedrus, hitta, mikemex, jarno, etc.) but i wouldn't anoint lefty as beta, merely as stupid (then again i've ignored her since about her tenth post here, so i only see what other people quote).

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Just so you're all aware

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    I just wanted to make a public service announcement on behalf of this forum.

Lefty is in no way representative of the Beta quadra or anything that we actually stand for. We don't hate Deltas, as they're probably some of the most inoffensive people out there. If Lefty tells you to fuck off, don't listen to him. There's no such thing as this whole "Beta army" he thinks he's got behind him, so please don't roll your eyes at our quadra solely because of him. Whatever he says about Beta is pretty much 100% bullshit; same applies for any other quadras or types he talks about. If you argue with him, you're just feeding the troll.

Basically, what I wanted to tell you all is to not hold his actions against us. Thanks for your time.
    Oh give me a break. Go graze on some wheatgrass. You know...I think my posts were all related to awareness ... you know of issues...rather than you. You know if there's no beta army the wtf are you doing supposedly speaking for everyone else in beta? I think betas are capable of speaking up for themselves, which many of them have in the threads, so why don't you let them speak for themselves and give it a shot yourself. You know and while you're at it why dont you find a real cause to rally around.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said "from various quadras" meaning. . . from various quadras. I haven't bothered to track down and type and quadra-file each of them and really have no interest in doing so.
    hmm. i thought you had said "idiots from beta" for some reason rather than "idiots from various quadras." sorry.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lefty is in no way representative of the Beta quadra or anything that we actually stand for. We don't hate Deltas, as they're probably some of the most inoffensive people out there. If Lefty tells you to fuck off, don't listen to him. There's no such thing as this whole "Beta army" he thinks he's got behind him, so please don't roll your eyes at our quadra solely because of him. Whatever he says about Beta is pretty much 100% bullshit; same applies for any other quadras or types he talks about. If you argue with him, you're just feeding the troll.

Basically, what I wanted to tell you all is to not hold his actions against us. Thanks for your time.
    Hey man, no worries. I don't like making sweeping generalizations about groups of people anyway
    Yes, he is very wacked out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lefty

Oh give me a break. Go graze on some wheatgrass. You know...I think my posts were all related to awareness ... you know of issues...rather than you. You know if there's no beta army the wtf are you doing supposedly speaking for everyone else in beta? I think betas are capable of speaking up for themselves, which many of them have in the threads, so why don't you let them speak for themselves and give it a shot yourself. You know and while you're at it why dont you find a real cause to rally around.
    what she means is that you don't have any betas following you. she on the other hand has many individuals not only from beta who are in total agreement with her views concerning you. and what's a real cause to you? your pitiful harebrained attempts at denigrating other quadras or your infantile attacks on other members?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck off you pseudo-revolutionary piece of shit.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17

certainly, there are a number of beta types who are incredibly stupid on this board (phaedrus, hitta, mikemex, jarno, etc.)
    You've changed my type again to beta, last time I spoke to you I was an alpha...

You don't even know your own type for sure.

This makes your opinions pretty naive.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noted - and for the record, I find most (all?) of the Beta posters entertaining and interesting.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mustachio

what she means is that you don't have any betas following you. she on the other hand has many individuals not only from beta who are in total agreement with her views concerning you. and what's a real cause to you? your pitiful harebrained attempts at denigrating other quadras or your infantile attacks on other members?

Like i said find a real cause.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra

Fuck off you pseudo-revolutionary piece of shit.

Nah this thread is pseudo revolutionary for sure.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what kind of answer is that? quit your rhetorical bullshit ******!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absurd.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno

certainly, there are a number of beta types who are incredibly stupid on this board (phaedrus, hitta, mikemex, jarno, etc.)
    You've changed my type again to beta, last time I spoke to you I was an alpha...

unforunately, i was using a public computer, and not able to keep ignoring you when i saw this post.

i have maintained that you are not ILI since about ten seconds after you got here and have maintained IEI as a likely possibility for almost that long. so please just shut up.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think they're stupid; I just think they're quite narrow-minded. I don't think value Ne at all either.

Nah this thread is pseudo revolutionary for sure.
    Maybe it's just me who can't see how this thread is in any way revolutionary. As far as I'm concerned, Herzy was making a simple point regarding your stupidity and pure ignorance.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unforunately, i was using a public computer, and not able to keep ignoring you when i saw this post.

i have maintained that you are not ILI since about ten seconds after you got here and have maintained IEI as a likely possibility for almost that long. so please just shut up.
    Do you want proof of calling me an LII in at least 2 posts that I can remember? :wink:

I will shut up the day that you are able to recognize ILI's (and other types)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absurd.
    describes everything you've ever posted. perhaps you oughta change your screenname. warn people in advance of your inane existence.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure Lefty is an ESTj alien from the planet Deltalon come unto earth to besmirch the reputation and befoul the good name of Beta quadra. He must be destroyed!
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    I'm pretty sure Lefty is an ESTj alien from the planet Deltalon come unto earth to besmirch the reputation and befoul the good name of Beta quadra. He must be destroyed!
    It's comments like that which might confuse the unaware.

Herzy, I definitely would not lump all betas in with lefty even before you said anything. The only question I would really have is kind of related to what Baby said above. Or, rather, not really what but how and why. Now, knowing Baby as I do, from other posts on this forum, I do not take that comment entirely seriously and I understand that in reality he probably doesn't hate me because I'm delta or anything similar, and I find what he said amusing. However, you must admit, that on the surface there's some similar sort of behavior going on.

So, I guess my question was - do any betas on any level relate to or with lefty? Or, put another way, what part of him is beta and what part is insane? Is there anything in him at all that can be seen as a potential beta trait?

Again, obviously he's going to be an extreme in any case and I don't doubt that the majority of what he says or how he says it is not type related. I'm not trying in any way shape or form to correlate the badness of what he does to beta. As I've said before, I don't think being bad or good is related to type. However, how one goes about being bad or good potentially can be.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child
    Deltalon

What, you haven't heard of it? It's right between Betaverse and Alphalfrica.

Minde, rest assured, that comment was entirely tongue-in-cheek and a parody of the phenomena you are concerned about.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minde, rest assured, that comment was entirely tongue-in-cheek and a parody of the phenomena you are concerned about.
    I know. I was trying to say that. I thought it was funny precisely because I knew you were joking.

And I'm not concerned about anything (I don't take lefty seriously enough for that); I'm curious.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde
    So, I guess my question was - do any betas on any level relate to or with lefty? Or, put another way, what part of him is beta and what part is insane? Is there anything in him at all that can be seen as a potential beta trait?
    Honestly, we have no way of knowing whether Lefty is actually Beta or not. He's had no type thread, revealed only fragmentary bits and pieces of his life here and there, and none of us know anything about him except that he apparently is of a rather excitable nature (which can be any type when on the edge) and harbors a grudge against people he has typed as Delta (and we have no way of knowing whether or not he's typed them accurately). Most of his posts are pretty much nonsensical and full of non-sequiturs.

Whether I can identify with his anger towards the "anti-Beta" stuff: to some extent. The bashing of any function is annoyingbecause it stems from a fundamental misunderstanding of Socionics. We've all had experiences where compatibility was an issue, values didn't align or somesuch, and Socionics could explain it somewhat. That's perfectly natural, but to only use this lexicon to bolster our own prejudices is misguided. Socionics allows us to identify these things better and thus gain a better understanding (and consequently, better tolerance of) the differences between people. I don't think this is anything inherently Beta because people of every quadra do it here to some extent and it's scrawled all over this forum.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think they're stupid; I just think they're quite narrow-minded.
    and the difference is... ?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think they're stupid; I just think they're quite narrow-minded.
    and the difference is... ?
    Stupid: Lack of intelligence
    Narrow Minded: Narrow opinions

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In some areas you are extremely competent, niffweed, in some other areas you are almost totally deluded and have blind spots. Ironically, you manage to write an excellent ILI description, but you are unable to spot the real ILIs on this forum. You still have pretty much to learn, that's for sure.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus

In some areas you are extremely competent, niffweed, in some other areas you are almost totally deluded and have blind spots. Ironically, you manage to write an excellent ILI description, but you are unable to spot the real ILIs on this forum. You still have pretty much to learn, that's for sure.
    You understand how this is logically contradictory, right?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    You understand how this is logically contradictory, right?
    What exactly are you referring to?